March mock and team building after 2 weeks of free agent frenzy

Rob331

Except for one position I think Howie has assembled piece we could go into the season with. I've heard the term that free agency draft proofs you meaning you won't have to reach for a need. But there is a big need - starting outside corner. That's unless you thinkn Fangio is ok with another season of Bradberry or we're going to go with one of the young guys.  

Overthecap still has us at $35M available BUT they don't have the #'s for CGJ, Burks, White, Lovato, Hall or Mustipher figured in yet. Even so we can't have less than $20M. Figure $9M for our draft picks and we have about $11 to spend. 

Free agency -

• Stopgap corners could be - Vildor (26), JC Jackson (28), Adoree Jackson (28), Eli Apple (28), Xavian Howard (30), Stephon Gilmore (33) and Patrick Peterson (33). Scratch the last 3. I don't think guys that age playing on a 1 year deal that is likely their last play hard. If I were building the roster I wold sign one of the Jacksons, or Apple. 
  • I knwo they just signed Campbell, but I would also target Hunter Renfrow for my slot receiver. 

Trades - 

• Looks pretty much like Reddick will be traded. Figure on a 3 and a 6
  • I'd trade our 1st pick for Arizona's 1 (27) and 3 (90)

Draft - 

• 1 (27) S Cooper DeJean, Iowa
  • 2 (50) LB Edgerrin Cooper, TExas A&M
  • 2 (53) WR Ladd McConkey, Georgia
  • 3 (Reddick trade) RB Will Shipley, Clemson
  • 3 (90) CB Max Melton, Rutgers
  • 4 (120) TE Jared Wiley, TCU
  • 5 (161) OT Tylan Grabel, Central Florida
  • 5 (171) Edge Grayson Murphy,  UCLA
  • 6 (210) OL Tanner Bortolini, Wisconsin

UDFA's

• Edge Javonte Jean-Baptiste, Notre Dame
  • OT Frank Crum, Wyoning
  • RB Rasheen Ali, Marshall
  • Wr Anthony Gould, Oregon State
  • Like 2

I'm impressed...down to UDFA's...so cool.🙌

I would be hesitant to extend an offer to any outstanding FA corners at this stage of free agecy beyond a one year "prove it" cotract. Howie has already painted us into a "cap" corner regarding Bradford, so I'm afraid we will need to live with him this year. The one FA I would consider is Ray's suggestion of safety Justin Simmons if the price was reasonable.

I'll leave trades to Howie...he knows his stuff.

Your draft appears to be well thought out.

Good effort Rob.

• Like 1

Nice draft...jeez, even getting down to UDFA's. Ok, just my opinion on rd 3 I like Polk WR from Washington but that's  really about it...

I agree about the CB's and their age and really want no parts of Howard..he doesn't seem to care for Fangio either so

we don't need that and I think the problem with Renfrow ( who I always liked coming out of Clemson) is his concussions over the last  2 seasons.

I think we went on the cheap with the WR's we signed as FA is basically telling us that Howie will be drafting one in the 1st 3 picks or he's fooled me once again.

Good draft.

I'd love to see us get Ladd in the 2nd round