Eagles Mock Draft (03-26-2024)

Ray75

Back again with another mock!

For the sake of the argument I say Haason Reddick and the Eagles will come to an agreement on a 3 year extension giving him roughly 22 million annually for the first two years of the deal. Lowers his cap hit for this year…best for both parties, right?! 

It’s simply taking too long! Very similar to the Darius Slay situation last year. Howie likely didn’t like the draft compensation he received and eventually opted to re-sign Slay to a reasonable contract for both parties. 

I believe the same could happen with Reddick but it still wouldn’t surprise me if they do trade him. I believe they’ll get a day two pick and change for him. Probably a 3rd and a late rounder to sweeten the deal…

And yes, I’m pretty confident Eagles are going to add a veteran safety. Whether that’s Justin Simmons or Micah Hyde. It will happen. Bank on it!

As for the draft…it’s Cooper time!

1 Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa;

2 Cooper Beepe, OG, Kansas State;

2 Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M;

4 Jared Willey, TE, TCU;

5 Khristian Boyd, DT, Iowa;

5 Ainais Smith, WR, Texas A&M;;

5 Matt Goncalves, OT, Pitt;

6 Blake Watson, RB, Memphis.

• Like 1

I’m still not big on DeJean but I do really love this mock bud! This would set us up really nicely!

And that’s not to say I don’t like DeJean by the way I just don’t love the player.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I’m still not big on DeJean but I do really love this mock bud! This would set us up really nicely!

And that’s not to say I don’t like DeJean by the way I just don’t love the player.

You know what it is?! DeJean is the only CB that will visit us…for now. I only have Arnold and Mitchell rated higher than him but understand what you’re saying. He’s a bit of a tweener.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

You know what it is?! DeJean is the only CB that will visit us…for now. I only have Arnold and Mitchell rated higher than him but understand what you’re saying. He’s a bit of a tweener.

I think he might end up being a really good Safety… And look long term (and in fact immediately too) that’s a need for this team.

• Like 1

Just one suggetion...trade Hasson for Cooper Cupp. 🤔

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Just one suggetion...trade Hasson for Cooper Cupp. 🤔

Too many Coopers, man! 😂

Hanging with Mr. Cooper...

I like it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iggles25 said:

Hanging with Mr. Cooper...

I like it.

Might as well bring Riley out of retirement while we're at it.  

• Haha 2

Ray - nice job on 1, 2 and 2. I'd be thrilled

It's iffy from there on.

I don't like Bell. 6'2" tight ends just aren't for me. I'd rather wait for Johnson or Wilel later. 

I don't think we need another DT so Boyd would't be on my dance card. 

Smith and Goncalves would be  nice gets in the 5th. 

Is ther much of a difference in a 6th round RB or an UDFA RB. I'd probably wait until after the draft for that 4th RB. 

I think you're right about Reddick, but personally I hope a trade happens. With all of our need we could use a couple more draft picks - especially that 3rd. 

I also believe that if DeJean is the guy (and I hope he is) we could trade down a few slots, still get him, and ad another late pick or a pick next yea.r 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, b_west3 said:

Might as well bring Riley out of retirement while we're at it.  

Good one! 😂

19 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

It's iffy from there on.

I don't like Bell. 6'2" tight ends just aren't for me. I'd rather wait for Johnson or Wilel later. 

Is ther much of a difference in a 6th round RB or an UDFA RB. I'd probably wait until after the draft for that 4th RB. 

I think you're right about Reddick, but personally I hope a trade happens. With all of our need we could use a couple more draft picks - especially that 3rd. 

I also believe that if DeJean is the guy (and I hope he is) we could trade down a few slots, still get him, and ad another late pick or a pick next yea.r 

After the first 3 maybe 4 rounds it becomes a crapshoot anyway. If a couple of guys stick, it’s a win. Even if it’s just on ST.

BTW;  cause you don’t like it after the first 2 rounds, it’s not iffy.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

It's iffy from there on.

I don't believe that DeJean will go much as in lower then 25 if he makes it to us. Hoping he is our pick as well.

• Thanks 1

The difference is:

Excusive rights for 4 years, versus competing for UDFA for 3 years (restricted FA).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

The difference is:

Excusive rights for 4 years, versus competing for UDFA for 3 years (restricted FA).

True just ask Purdy if there is a difference between being drafted and not 

By now we all know that Ray 75 always gives us something to talk about at the beginning but towards the draft he will have things in place. A CB in the first and a LB in the second. Got to hand it to you Ray 75; you humor is always noted. 

• Thanks 1

Hey Ray. How you doin'?

100% agree on first 3 picks!!!!!  All over Cooper triplets!!!

Also think Reddick comes back, but maybe a little less than you say, but similar. Also think they finally sign Justin Simmons at safety--2 yrs 17.5 mil

Round 4, I really like Ray Davis--RB from Kentucky. Fav RB in the draft. Not a fan of Wiley. Only a receiver, not a blocker at all. We already have Calc and O. Need a blocking TE

Round 5. Luke McCaffery Slot WR Rice. Still learning to be a receiver, but excellent size, athleticism, and pedigree.

Round 5. Tip Reiman  TE Illinois. 6"5" 271. Solid blocking TE. Can learn to be a better route runner.

Round 5. Will trade for 2025 pick. Need to replenish 2025 a bit, with 4,6,7 rounds gone.

Round 6. Top safety on board. Maybe Watts from Texas or Proctor from Ohio St

But if we land the triplets, it will be an A+ draft!!

ER

• Thanks 1

Time for the new version the hammer had dropped by by Reddick 

2 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Time for the new version the hammer had dropped by by Reddick 

Yeah, still processing that one…

Gut feeling;

They probably have more faith in their pass rushers, corners and LB’s than we casual fans do.

So with that said…I’m leaning towards the Eagles taking an OT in the first. I can even see them trading up for one they really like. 

I like to experiment with my mocks but every time I’m taking something else than OT or DE in the first, it simply just doesn’t feel right. Not that I don’t want them to take a corner but deep down I know they won’t. Surprise me, Howie! 

Unless they fall in love (or already did) with Chop Robinson, Laiatu Latu or one of the corners, I say Fautanu (Stoutland loves that kid), Mims, Latham or Guyton (LJ endorsement) will be wearing midnight green.