NFL To Play Christmas Day in 2024 after all

Wallyhorse

So the NFL is going to after all play two games on Christmas Day: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39813658/sources-nfl-play-christmas-day-wednesday-2024

The teams playing on Christmas Day to start Week 17 will be scheduled tp play on Saturday in Week 16 the week prior, however, given that Friday and Saturday are scheduled to have first-round games in the College Football Playoff, I wonder if elected officials and others will make clear that Saturday is off-limits to the NFL and in exchange for not playing Saturday in Week 16 let the NFL play what has been their normal Saturday tripleheader in Week 15 (Normally, this would not be an issue, however, because of the way the calendar falls in 2024 and '25, however, Week 15 falls on the second Sat. in December, which the NFL isn't permitted to have nationally televised games on, which is why the Brazil game is a Friday Week 1 game). I wonder if to accommodate the Christmas Day games AND the fact Week 16 is the week of the first round of the College Football Playoff, the NFL and the CFP Committee would agree to switch with the NFL playing Thursday-Friday-Saturday in Week 16 (what normally would be Monday Night Football that week would be Friday Night) and the CFP playing their first-round games Sunday and Monday.

Another possibility would be to simply give the teams playing Christmas Day in Week 17 their bye week in Week 16 so they are playing that game with 1 1/2 weeks rest to avoid any potential lawsuits by the CFP and/or Congress for playing games opposite the College Football Playoff.

I have been waiting for this post since yesterday. We all knew it was coming.

• Haha 1

This is what happens when you get your precious Wednesday NFL games!