Mock Based on Pre-Draft Visits and/or Known Interest

EaglesAddict

Just over 2 weeks away til the big day!  The Eagles typically take at least a few players they've had in for pre-draft visits.  I'll be using this board's very own interest tracker (in the draft section) to come up with a mock that I'll say is a combination of what I'd do and what I think the Eagles will do.  And, a no-trade version.

1. DB Cooper DeJean - This guy stands out as the perfect pick (to me).  He's the definition of versatile, which is a primary trait both Howie and Fangio will love.  Added bonus: with the new kickoff rule, DeJean can also serve as a weapon returning kicks as well.  He's the perfect fit in a secondary that is still trying to figure things out.

2. Edge Marshawn Kneeland - Profiles like Brandon Graham and drafted to replace him in 2025.  Eagles will need an Edge with more size that can be stout against the run.

2. OG Cooper Beebe - Eagles showing a ton of OL interest so far, many of them Guards.  Hopefully that's a sign that they won't take an OT in Round 1 that will either sit or try to cross-train at RG.  Instead, Beebe can just slide right in and likely be a solid 10 year starter.  We'll have to hope Steen can be the swing tackle.

4. LB Trevin Wallace - After signing Devin White and likely still ready to rely on Dean, any hope of taking a LB earlier are pretty much gone.  Wallace was in for a visit, is young and has good traits.  Needs to develop.

5. WR Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint - Big body type, good blocker.  Good prospect to develop for bigger role in 2025 and beyond.

5. RB Carson Steele - Big back, excellent rotational type and would provide good insurance for Barkley.  

6. DT Khristian Boyd - Small school guy with intriguing traits that Howie loves late in drafts.

Again, just based on pre-draft interest.  Notable omission: TE position.  I am somewhat surprised at the lack of known interest in players at this position.  It feels like a near certainty that they'll take one, possibly early.

I'd be happy with this. 

Wish the had been a TE in the 4/5 range. 

Thanks, this is one of the best that's been posted so far. 

• Like 1

No Safety?

• Like 1

A+ draft, my friend! 🙏

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Rob331 said:

I'd be happy with this. 

Wish the had been a TE in the 4/5 range. 

Thanks, this is one of the best that's been posted so far. 

Thanks!  I'd love Cade Stover or Theo Johnson at TE in Round 4...which is probably what I would do...but the interest tracker shows very little for that position.  Seems odd.  Maybe they really think Albert O is the answer?

18 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

No Safety?

That's the beauty of the DeJean pick!  He can be a safety, outside CB, slot CB, hybrid Safety/LB...whatever position they want or need.

• Like 2