Final Mock Draft (04-10-24)

Ray75

I’m sticking to my guns here.

I badly want the Eagles to draft a CB in the first for at least 15 years now but each and every year something gets in the way. Either their top targets are off the board or they prioritize something else. My draft crushes from the get go are DeJean and Mitchell but I just can’t see the Eagles taking a DB in the first. 😢

The Eagles are in a unique situation at #22. When was the last time that a team had a shot at taking a stud OT in that range?! In every other year, the top OT’s are long gone at #22. Heck…majority of them are top 10 selections. But this year is just different. A team picking in the late teens / early twenties still has a legitimate shot at getting one…

So the stars are aligned to take a stud OT in the first in arguably the best OL class in decades. Even if you have to trade up a couple of spots, we’re still not talking about Andre Dillard type prospects here. 

I just can’t see Howie passing on the unique opportunity to grab a stud offensive lineman this year, especially considering Lane isn’t getting any younger and you need to start looking for his successor. Preferably one that offers position versatility.

If everything works out and the Eagles will stay a contender for years to come, this team likely will not be in a position to take a stud tackle for a very very long time.

So with that said here’s my final mock.

Trade Alert!

Eagles trade pick No. 22 and 50 to the LA Rams for pick No.19 and 83.

1 Troy Fautanu, OT Washington;

Trade alert!

Eagles trade back from #53 to #62. Ravens give up a 4th in 2025.

2 Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest;

Trade Alert! 

Eagles use one of their 5th rounders to come up a couple of spots to secure their target.

3 Marshawn Kneeland, Edge, Western Michigan;

4 Trevin Wallace, LB, Kentucky;

5 Keith Randolph Jr, DT, Illinois;

5 Ainias Smith, WR, Texas A&M;

6 Dallin Holker, TE, Colorado State;

Priority UDFA;

Shon Stephens, CB, Ferris State;

Kendall Milton, RB, Georgia;

Emani Bailey, RB, TCU;

Sione Vaki, S, Utah;

Dominique Hampton, S, Washington;

Bud Means, WR, Pitt;

Jarrett Kingston, OG, USC;

Andrew Raym, OC, Oklahoma

• Like 2

That 1st round trade has the Eagles giving up 1180 points on the value chart and receiving 1050. Not a good neal unless there's another sweetener in there for Howie. 

Value on the second trade isn't there either. 4th next year is equivalent to a 5th this year. 

That doesn't mean howie won't do it to get his guy.

I'd be thrilled with picks 3 through 6. 

Regarding UDFA - the Eagles have 78 players on their roster and you have them with 7 draft picks. That's 85 leaving room for 5 UDFA's.

nice job - thanks for another thought provoking year. 

1 hour ago, Rob331 said:

That 1st round trade has the Eagles giving up 1180 points on the value chart and receiving 1050. Not a good neal unless there's another sweetener in there for Howie. 

Value on the second trade isn't there either. 4th next year is equivalent to a 5th this year. 

That doesn't mean howie won't do it to get his guy.

I'd be thrilled with picks 3 through 6. 

Regarding UDFA - the Eagles have 78 players on their roster and you have them with 7 draft picks. That's 85 leaving room for 5 UDFA's.

nice job - thanks for another thought provoking year. 

Thx man! U2!

Some players currently on the roster, active or practice squad, won’t make it.

I know you’re not a fan of taking a tackle in the first. Just reading the thee leaves here. Stoutland was all over Fautanu, they’re showing a ton of interest in him (2nd interview already), rumors swirling around Eagles are interested in trading up (specifically with Seattle for pick 16), they locked up the left side of their OL longterm etc etc.

Maybe it’s just me? Maybe I’m totally wrong and they’ll select an edge or a corner but I just follow the breadcrumbs.

• Like 1

It adds a little bit of drama on Thursday the 25th. One of will be right and the other will wish he was right. 

52 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

It adds a little bit of drama on Thursday the 25th. One of will be right and the other will wish he was right. 

I don’t care if I’m right or wrong.

If they take a tackle I was prepared, if they take a DB it’ll be a welcome surprise. If it’s an edge I want it to be Verse, Turner or Latu…not Robinson at #22.

So many outcomes I’d be happy with.

Very excited as always. One of if not the event of the year for me. Can’t wait! 👊🏻

• Like 1

Love the first 2 picks bud! Would be bet happy with that return.

• Thanks 1

I absolutely think Howie will trade up...and yes, likely for an OL.  I also think they could be enamored with Fautanu...my only issue is that many seem to project him as a Guard. He's played primarily LT in college so the question is can he play RG?  And can he eventually play RT?  If we trade up for him, they better know that he can.  As we have seen with Steen, Dillard and many others...it's not that easy for players to switch sides of the OL if they didn't "grow up" playing different positions.

I like the rest of your draft 👍

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 1:48 PM, EaglesAddict said:

I absolutely think Howie will trade up...and yes, likely for an OL.  I also think they could be enamored with Fautanu...my only issue is that many seem to project him as a Guard. He's played primarily LT in college so the question is can he play RG?  And can he eventually play RT?  If we trade up for him, they better know that he can.  As we have seen with Steen, Dillard and many others...it's not that easy for players to switch sides of the OL if they didn't "grow up" playing different positions.

I like the rest of your draft 👍

In both 2021 and 2022 Fautanu played a couple of games at LG. The experience playing inside is minimum.

The reason why I think people project him to play guard is cause of the skill set and build. He’s slightly smaller than what you prefer at tackle, he’s also bulkier build than most tackles but he does have tackle arms.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 12:58 PM, Ray75 said:

Thx man! U2!

Some players currently on the roster, active or practice squad, won’t make it.

I know you’re not a fan of taking a tackle in the first. Just reading the thee leaves here. Stoutland was all over Fautanu, they’re showing a ton of interest in him (2nd interview already), rumors swirling around Eagles are interested in trading up (specifically with Seattle for pick 16), they locked up the left side of their OL longterm etc etc.

Maybe it’s just me? Maybe I’m totally wrong and they’ll select an edge or a corner but I just follow the breadcrumbs.

I'd be shocked if Seattle trades the pick to the Eagles since they need help on the O Line and this player has ties to their team with the new Offensive Coordinator who came from the University of Washington. But this is certainly how Howie thinks, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

6 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

I'd be shocked if Seattle trades the pick to the Eagles since they need help on the O Line and this player has ties to their team with the new Offensive Coordinator who came from the University of Washington. But this is certainly how Howie thinks, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Exactly what I was thinking but Seattle doesn’t own a 2nd this year. It does own two 3rd rounders though.

Giving up one of our 2nd’s and a swap of one of their 3rd’s (78 or 81) for our 4th (120) might do the trick if the Seahawks don’t necessarily want to take Fautanu but are fine settling for someone else at #22.

We would lose a 2nd but select roughly 40 picks earlier in the middle of the draft and they’d have a 2nd back and swap one of their 3rd’s for a 4th. Sounds fair IMO.

But…realistically can’t see Fautanu getting past Seattle, Jacksonville or Cincinnati…

Personally I believe they’d love to get Fautanu but jumping Seattle for him is too rich for Howie. That’s why they’ve shown legitimate interest in prospects like Robinson, Mckinstry, DeJean, Guyton etc who’ll likely be available at #22.

Why not take one of those corners at #22 and take someone like Beebe, Suamataia, Amegadije, Paul or Mahogany in the second along with a LB like Cooper?! Everybody happy!

• Like 1

100% agree the Eagles will trade up in this draft.  I will actually be surprised if they don't.  I also agree that I think Fautanu will be their guy.  I'll be good with that as long as they feel really good about him moving to the right side, RG initially and RT eventually (or sooner if LJ misses any time).

I think if they go this route in Round 1, we'll see them go after Justin Simmons shortly after the draft.  Part of me thinks that Simmons might be the Eagles' fallback plan if they don't go for, or land, DeJean. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2024 at 4:54 PM, Ray75 said:

One of if not the event of the year for me. Can’t wait

Bingo !!