Crazy Idea Mock - Fix the Secondary and OL/DL Fliers

EaglesAddict

I'm sure this would never actually happen, but hey, it's my mock...

1. DB Cooper DeJean

*TRADE* Eagles package picks 50 and 53 for Tampa Bay's 1st at pick 26.  Per the trade value chart, pick 26 is worth 700, picks 50 and 53 are worth 770.

1. CB Kool-Aid McKinstry

*TRADE* Eagles package their 4th with all three of their 5ths to move up into mid-late Round 3.

3. Edge Jonah Elliss

6. OT Garrett Greenfield

Reasoning:

I know coming out of this draft with 4 players after having 8 picks is ridiculous.  But, if you haven't seen the below clip yet, check it out.  If this is true for this year's draft class, this would be the main motivation behind doing my above mock.  Furthermore, there are a lot of "old" players in this year's class.  My top 3 picks are all 21, Greenfield is one of the "old" ones at 24.  Not sure what the average age is of this class, but I've noticed many 5th year guys.  

Imagine adding DeJean AND Kool-Aid to the secondary.  Along with Ringo and CJGJ, our secondary would be STACKED for the foreseeable future.

Elliss was graded by Dane Brugler's draft beast to be in the 3rd-4th round range.  Eagles like athletes and even though there are no known ties to Elliss (yet), he fits their mold.  If he were to pan-out, it would help alleviate needs for next year after BG is gone and probably Sweat too.  Greenfield could be a good swing tackle type after Stout gets his hands on him.

I’m far from an export but I don’t find this theory of the draft being top heavy accurate. I know there are some positions I would say don’t have a ton of top shelf players though. Personally there is a number of players ranked 40-150 that I would love to have on the team. 

I think I would lean more towards 6 picks in that 2nd- mid 4th range than 2 first round picks. 

though I must say I wouldn’t be disappointed coming away with your top 2 picks 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

I’m far from an export but I don’t find this theory of the draft being top heavy accurate. I know there are some positions I would say don’t have a ton of top shelf players though. Personally there is a number of players ranked 40-150 that I would love to have on the team. 

I think I would lean more towards 6 picks in that 2nd- mid 4th range than 2 first round picks. 

though I must say I wouldn’t be disappointed coming away with your top 2 picks 

I admit I don't really know who the guy in the clip is (never saw him before), but he makes interesting points.  Whether or not he's accurate with the talent level, who knows.  But it's true about the amount of underclassmen in this draft compared to how many there usually are.  Does make sense that would make for slim pickings...and also why this draft seems loaded with older players.

Not as crazy as you make it sound.

thanks for the creativity!

• Thanks 1