Jamal Adams Traded from Jets to Seahawks

Wallyhorse

Edited to add a link from ESPN on this trade as no link was available at the time this was originally posted:

Jets trade Jamal Adams and a fourth round-pick in 2021 to the Seahawks for:

2021 AND 2022 first-round picks
2021 Third-Round pick
Safety Bradley McDougald 

Now, they could sign Javedeon Clowney (who I believe is still a free agent) and effectively add that to the trade.

Sucks he’s in Seattle, but better there than Dallas. 

• Like 1

Two 1st rounders, a 3rd rounder, and a Safety...overpay much Seahawks???

• Like 5

Seahawks still not a SB contender. They got better, but they still aren't even the best team in their division.  Plus two #1s for a safety is overpaying.

Seattle love to have talent in their secondary don't they! But that's a big big price to pay for Adams. He's a very very good young player but they've overpaid there.

The 2021 pick is discounted value because no college football means it will be the worst class ever with ALL eligible players returning to college and seniors underdeveloped.  The 2022 pick is two service years into the future, and then shapes up as an unbelievably deep draft.  But while the picks may not be avalubale as they seem, it's still selling the house for a box safety.

Russell Wilson can't run around behind that crap oline forever. 

• Like 1

Seattle is a team that has not had much success with their first rounders in recent years so could be for the best. There last good draft for the first round was in 2010 when they landed Okung and Thomas.  I still think they over paid big time, esp now they have to pay him that big salary as well. 

Great talent, but he’s a me first head case. I was out on him when he was was getting his panties all in a bunch because he heard rumors that the Jets had the audacity to take calls when other GMs asked about him. 

Wow, I thought I misread or misunderstood the compensation the Jets got back. That's insane for a safety.

13 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Wow, I thought I misread or misunderstood the compensation the Jets got back. That's insane for a safety.

How much would you be willing to trade for a '98 Brian Dawkins?

21 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

How much would you be willing to trade for a '98 Brian Dawkins?

A conditional 5th.

• Haha 1

People labeling him as just a "safety" aren't giving him his due.  He's a positionless DB that plays nickel, LB, and he even lined up as an edge last season at some point.  He's a game changer.  With that being said, that is a ridiculous haul that Seattle gave up for him.  They haven't picked below above 27 in the 1st round for a long time, and they rarely hit with that pick anyway.  

Two years of first round picks for a Safety? And one that's proven to be a whiny cancer? Jets made out. Got rid of a problem and Seattle backed up a brinks truck for them. 

On 7/26/2020 at 10:40 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Russell Wilson can't run around behind that crap oline forever. 

They still haven't fixed it? What a waste

On 7/25/2020 at 8:14 PM, CaliEagle said:

Seahawks still not a SB contender. They got better, but they still aren't even the best team in their division.  Plus two #1s for a safety is overpaying.

Seriously. I mean Wilson is a beast at qb, one of the best in the league but they've really neglected him at the WR department. Who are their notable names at WR? I already forget.

24 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Seriously. I mean Wilson is a beast at qb, one of the best in the league but they've really neglected him at the WR department. Who are their notable names at WR? I already forget.

Tyler Lockett is no slouch.  But that's about it.  

22 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Tyler Lockett is no slouch.  But that's about it.  

Forgot about Metcalf. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Forgot about Metcalf. 

Ugh.....me too.  That one stings.