Players cut: Shelton Gibson, Marcus Greene, more

Moderator6

1 hour ago, Moderator6 said:

20200726_163124.jpg

Never understood why hall never got a legit shot in the rotation but understand the cut, he had a long road coming back from the injurym oh well.

Rest of cuts not surprising.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Never understood why hall never got a legit shot in the rotation but understand the cut, he had a long road coming back from the injurym oh well.

Hall got hurt last year but I agree he never got a fair shot. I thought he had a lot of potential, much more than Miller. I hope for the Eagles sake he doesn’t turn into a mistake like Mostert. 

• Like 3

2 more cuts will happen on Monday when the Veterans return.

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

Agreed 100% on Hall. He flashed a lot in preseason and it’s not like we’re loaded at DE with young talent. Would have rathered they got rid of someone like the WR Burnett? Who has no chance making the roster. 

• Like 1

We have so many WRs now, I won't be surprised if Burnett and Davis are cut to get down to the limit.

6 hours ago, Utebird said:

Never understood why hall never got a legit shot in the rotation

I think we were all just as puzzled as you last year. He played well in preseason and had a good camp according to the reports. Of course that doesn't necessarily translate to production in the NFL but he didn't even get the chance despite a pretty abject pass rush. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Madriver said:

Bringing Hall back later maybe?

This could happen.  The first wave of cuts is on guys the coaches have first-hand experience with.  The incoming rookies and new signees are unknown to them.  Once they see them on practices, they should reshuffle the desk again.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

This could happen.  The first wave of cuts is on guys the coaches have first-hand experience with.  The incoming rookies and new signees are unknown to them.  Once they see them on practices, they should reshuffle the desk again.

Very astute analysis. :thumbsup:

Daeshon on the PUP...good move to keep him around, nothing to loose there.

Is there a final number on the opening day roster with COVID-19 and no preseason games? The NFL can’t keep it normal. 

On 7/26/2020 at 7:56 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think we were all just as puzzled as you last year. He played well in preseason and had a good camp according to the reports. Of course that doesn't necessarily translate to production in the NFL but he didn't even get the chance despite a pretty abject pass rush. 

Howie spent three 4th round picks on guys at his position, so he never stood a chance of getting any PT no matter how well he played.

6 hours ago, weko said:

Howie spent three 4th round picks on guys at his position, so he never stood a chance of getting any PT no matter how well he played.

4th rounders are not guaranteed playing time, and Hall was a 3rd rounder. I understand that howie wants to get a look at his guys, but I think there were other reasons he did not get playing time.

4 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

4th rounders are not guaranteed playing time, and Hall was a 3rd rounder. I understand that howie wants to get a look at his guys, but I think there were other reasons he did not get playing time.

But he wasn't Howie's 3rd rounder

• Like 1

Hall is back on the PUP list now.  This is a hell of a season to manage the roster, PUP, IR, Covid-IR, player opt-out, etc.   

14 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

Hall is back on the PUP list now.  This is a hell of a season to manage the roster, PUP, IR, Covid-IR, player opt-out, etc.   

Yeah and it's potentially going to be a week to week thing to chop and change the roster. It's going to be a complete mess to be honest.