Bulked-up Carson Wentz arrives for Philadelphia Eagles training camp

UK_EaglesFan89

Bulked-up Carson Wentz arrives for Philadelphia Eagles training camp

Last summer, Carson Wentz slimmed down before training camp, hoping the lean muscle mass could translate into a quicker quarterback outside the pocket.

After starting all 16 regular-season games and leading the Eagles to another division title, Wentz put in the work during a virtual offseason that was disrupted by the coronavirus pandemic.

Wentz arrived at training camp on Monday and the franchise quarterback looks to have bulked up, appearing strong and confident.

The quarterback and other Eagles rookies have been back in town getting tested and acclimated for 2020 training camp, which will be much different than what teams are used to.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/27/bulked-up-carson-wentz-arrives-for-philadelphia-eagles-training-camp/

I wonder why the team and Wentz may have decided to bulk him up again? 

5 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Good.

Why good? Last year he spent the off season slimming down to help him be more flexible and agile long term. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why good? Last year he spent the off season slimming down to help him be more flexible and agile long term. 

It's about self confidence. If he feels like he's made a positive change, he should play better than he otherwise might. 

• Like 2

This kind of gave me flashbacks to the McNabb era when Spads would rave about how McNabb packed on another 10 to 15 pounds of muscle in the offseason, but was really just him getting fat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Kz! said:

This kind of gave me flashbacks to the McNabb era when Spads would rave about how McNabb packed on another 10 to 15 pounds of muscle in the offseason, but was really just him getting fat.

lol! for real, i dont see any new muscle... but hey, there is a certain  kind of comfort and confidence that comes from rocking the dad bod, so maybe it will work out

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Personally I’d prefer a thicker QB that can withstand the pounding he’ll inevitably take in the pocket than a leaner QB that is quicker out of it.  

8 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

It's about self confidence. If he feels like he's made a positive change, he should play better than he otherwise might. 

Yeah that's a fair point. If he feels good in the changes that they've made then that's the most important thing really. 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Personally I’d prefer a thicker QB that can withstand the pounding he’ll inevitably take in the pocket than a leaner QB that is quicker out of it.  

I don't disagree with that at all. I just find it a little odd that one off season he's focusing on mobility and slimming down, the next he's bulking up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kz! said:

Man I had the same thought.  I think this was the season that McNabb tore his ACL just running.  Probably because he had put on a ton of weight.