Former Eagles WR Jason Avant Back to Help Coach WRs

time2rock

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I think downundermike pretty much summed it up😄

It is always funny when someone bring up Jason Avant on Jim Rome's show.  He will talk about Avant like he is Jerry Rice with that song playing in the background.

35 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It is always funny when someone bring up Jason Avant on Jim Rome's show.  He will talk about Avant like he is Jerry Rice with that song playing in the background.

Yup. Jason Avant was the man, but dude was a marginal receiver at best.

Jason Avant had great hands and ran good routes.  Had he been a tad quicker and a step or so faster, he could have been one of the better receivers in team history.  That said, he made the best of his abilities while he was here and always gave 110% effort out on the field.  Good to have him back, coaching up some of the younger guys, etc. 

• Like 2

I always thought Avant's greatest attribute was that he gave 100%. If he can get these young guys to do that, then that's a plus.

• Like 4

Good man to have around the new WRs, which we have a few this off-season.  The most gifted players don't usually make good coach, because things come to them naturally and not require a lot of deep understanding or creativity.  Avant made it thru hard work, intelligence, and determinations.  All god attributes to pass on the young players.

As great of a receiver Avant was one of his best plays was his block for Jackson on that return against the Giants. I hope it works out. Avant was a guy who didn’t have a lot of talent, but maximized his abilities. 

• Like 1

Can't hurt to get more people to coach up the young WRs.

Avant was reliable and a hard worker.  

• Like 1

They've hired several former players who are highly respected to join the organization.  Interested to see if any of them get promoted to other roles in the future.

Too bad we didnt have him when Aggy was here. Maybe couldve at least helped with his alligator arm-itis.

Hopefully he can help JJ

If he leads stretching in the beginning of practice, I bet they focus a lot on this one:

image.jpeg.fb5f900fcd776977c99d8bdb9f1f158a.jpeg

1 hour ago, EagleMatt said:

Too bad we didnt have him when Aggy was here. Maybe couldve at least helped with his alligator arm-itis.

Hopefully he can help JJ

Moses probably had an easier time parting the Red Sea than performing a miracle like this. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I always thought Avant's greatest attribute was that he gave 100%. If he can get these young guys to do that, then that's a plus.

He had great catch ability. Excellent hands.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Hopefully he can help JJ

Doubt it.  That seems to be something you either have or you don’t (the fearless nature of knowing you are going to take a hit but finish the play by making the catch anyway).  I don’t think that is something that can be coached into a person like route running, high pointing, etc.

• Like 1