2020 NFL training camp: Eagles sign Marcus Green and waive Kyle Lauletta

UK_EaglesFan89

2020 NFL training camp: Eagles sign Marcus Green and waive Kyle Lauletta

The Eagles on Monday morning signed wide receiver/return man Marcus Green and waived quarterback Kyle Lauletta. 

This means the Eagles are down to three quarterbacks as they begin padded practices today. The roster is at 80. 

With the obvious importance on the quarterback position, especially in a season with COVID-19, it’s somewhat surprising the Eagles elected to waive a QB to make room for Green. They now have Carson Wentz, Nate Sudfeld and rookie 2nd-round pick Jalen Hurts in the QB room. 

Lauletta. 25, joined the Eagles last season and spent all year on the practice squad. The Giants took Lauletta out of Richmond in the fourth round of the 2018 draft. As a rookie with the Giants, Lauletta played in two games and threw five passes. 

Green, 24, was also with the Eagles on the practice squad last season. The 5-foot-8 receiver also has a history as a return man. The Eagles waived him on July 26 but already decided to bring him back. Green was drafted out of Louisiana-Monroe in the 6th round by the Falcons last year but didn’t make their team and then came to Philly. 

The Eagles continue to ramp up training camp today when the pads finally go on. The next two weeks will include eight or nine padded practices and two days where the Eagles go "live” and tackle to the ground. 

The season opener is on Sept. 13 in Washington.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/2020-nfl-training-camp-eagles-sign-marcus-green-waive-kyle-lauletta

But I thought we were a QB factory?

I guess they didn't like that Reagor dropped two punt returns in practice. Or they really liked what they saw from him on offense and don't want him doing PR. 

8 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

I guess they didn't like that Reagor dropped two punt returns in practice. Or they really liked what they saw from him on offense and don't want him doing PR. 

Killins as return guy?  I read someplace on here that he looked pretty good doing that and receiver/OW (offensive weapon). If Reagor can catch the effin' ball let him do that. It isn't like we've had an abundance of speedy productive receivers the past couple years.

4 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Killins as return guy?  I read someplace on here that he looked pretty good doing that and receiver/OW (offensive weapon). If Reagor can catch the effin' ball let him do that. It isn't like we've had an abundance of speedy productive receivers the past couple years.

Reagor caught the ball fine during offensive practice and was in the starting lineup. PR is completely different though. 

14 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Reagor caught the ball fine during offensive practice and was in the starting lineup. PR is completely different though. 

If I were king and Reagor looked like a first round draft pick on the field (wouldn't that be refreshing?) I doubt I'd want him playing special teams. If Killins is going to make an NFL roster at his size, he's going to need to find a niche. I don't care how fast he is. Let him try to be the next Devin Hester.

• Like 1