More details on Javon Hargrave’s injury

UK_EaglesFan89

More details on Javon Hargrave’s injury

Well, it could be worse.

UPDATE: Yet another update on Javon Hargrave from NFL insider Adam Schefter.

The Philadelphia Eagles revealed earlier today that starting defensive tackle Javon Hargrave is going to be out for "multiple weeks” due to an upper body injury. Now we have some more details on Hargrave’s status via ESPN’s Tim McManus:

"Multiple” is pretty vague here but at least we know exactly what’s keeping Hargrave sidelined.

P

It’s unclear if Hargrave is a lock to play when the Eagles open their 2020 season in 27 days from now on Sunday, September 13. The team would sure love to not be missing the guy they signed to a three-year, $39 million contract early in free agency.

It’s not like the Eagles’ cupboard is totally barren with Hargrave missing. Fletcher Cox is obviously one of the best interior defensive lineman in the NFL. The Eagles paid Malik Jackson big money last year to be a starter next to Cox. There are some promising young guys with potential in Hassan Ridgeway, Anthony Rush, and Raequan Williams.

But for the Eagles’ interior pass rush to be as dominant as they want it to be, they need Hargrave back and healthy. It’s not just about the individual contributions he can make. It’s also about the Eagles trusting their non-Cox defensive tackle options to play more so they don’t have to burn out their Pro Bowl stater. The last two seasons have been very taxing for Cox as the Eagles were decimated with defensive tackle injuries.

Here’s hoping Hargrave is able to return sooner than later. The Eagles can get by with him in the short-term but they need him for the long run.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/8/17/21372754/javon-hargrave-injury-update-news-eagles-defensive-tackle-line-philadephia-pectoral-multiple-weeks

I have zero faith in this teams medical reporting and handling of injuries. In my mind he's definitely out week one and in fact probably the first 2 or 3 games at least. 

If there's no tear at all, give him a few weeks and her should be good.

24 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

If there's no tear at all, give him a few weeks and her should be good.

But that's a few weeks without having practiced with his new team mates... Puts him right up against it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But that's a few weeks without having practiced with his new team mates... Puts him right up against it. 

Yeah it does.

I actually meant he'd be healthy then, not necessarily ready to play at his best though. With all the injuries this team seems to suffer, just being healthy is a big plus, lol.

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If you typed that last sentence below the article link, I feel exactly the way you do until this team shows me otherwise.  Their communication along with the way they handle injuries is an absolute disgrace.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hputenis said:

If you typed that last sentence below the article link, I feel exactly the way you do until this team shows me otherwise.  Their communication along with the way they handle injuries is an absolute disgrace.  

Yeah I did type that buddy, that was my words even though it is within the quote. For some reason my phone doesn't properly apply the quote marks. 

• Like 1

Minor pec strain ... surgery not required (**fingers crossed that doesn't change**).  Focused on getting him ready for the regular season (as they should be).  

Severe nipple twist...out a few weeks...they never said what it was