10 Man PPR League

Wentzylvania

I had the 9th pick in a 10 team PPR league last night. I just wanted to get your thoughts

QBs: Allen, Stafford

RBs: Sanders, Mixon, J. Taylor, Montgomery, Maddison 

WR: Hill, Metcalf, M. Brown, Samuel, Diggs, Lamb

TE: Fant

Def: Eagles

Kicker: Elliot

I know I waited too long to draft a TE but overall I was pretty happy how it turned out. 

Who did you get in the third?  Mixon?  Just had my 10 team ppr draft last night.  There was 6 players kept as you can keep players previously drafted 6th round or later and they were on your team the entire previous season.  Sanders was a keeper, but probably a late 1st.  Hill went 13th, then Mixon went 16th.

My team:
QB - Mahomes (10th round keeper), Tua

RB - Barkley, Drake, Singletary, Gibson, Edmonds

WR (start 2)- DJ Moore, AJ Green, Ruggs, Reagor, Pittman

TE - Kittle, Gronk

K - Butker

Def - NE

Yes I was able to get Mixon with the 9th pick of the Third round. I wanted Kittle there but he was drafted one pick before.

I like it. Mixon in the 3rd round is great. Mattison is a steal if Cook is out. Solid group of WRs. Allen doesn't excite me at QB, but his floor is high with the rushing stats. I do think Stafford could surprise some people. I'd play the matchups at QB, starting Stafford over Allen when favorable. Fant at TE is fine. I think you overpay to draft a top TE. They are better at the top, true, but are they that much better to cost a starting RB/WR? More teams should be drafting the Eagles D as a Week 1 streamer.

5 hours ago, toolg said:

I like it. Mixon in the 3rd round is great. Mattison is a steal if Cook is out. Solid group of WRs. Allen doesn't excite me at QB, but his floor is high with the rushing stats. I do think Stafford could surprise some people. I'd play the matchups at QB, starting Stafford over Allen when favorable. Fant at TE is fine. I think you overpay to draft a top TE. They are better at the top, true, but are they that much better to cost a starting RB/WR? More teams should be drafting the Eagles D as a Week 1 streamer.

The WR's are anything buy solid. In fact they're terrible.

6 hours ago, Wolves111 said:

The WR's are anything buy solid. In fact they're terrible.

5 hours ago, Wentzylvania said:

You think Hill and Metcalf are terrible starters? 

I disagree. While I personally am not as high on Hill in PPR as an "elite option" compared to guys like Michael Thomas, Julio Jones, Davante Adams, and DeAndre Hopkins, you can still consider him a WR1. I do like Metcalf as an upside pick (he's my flex in a 10 team ppr league where my starting WRs are Julio Jones and Amari Cooper), but pairing Hill and Metcalf is definitely a high risk-high reward proposition.

You're banking on the big play as opposed to volume, which isn't bad if it works out, but both of those guys have the potential to just disappear one week because of low volume. I would have tried to target a "safer" WR2 option to balance out Hill if possible. Obviously I don't know how the draft board shook out for you, so that's hard to say, but someone like Robert Woods comes to mind.

I guess I'll throw in my roster too (keep in mind I drafted the day before Leonard Fournette was released by the Jags)

Also pick 9 of 10 in PPR

QB: Josh Allen

RB: Miles Sanders, Leonard Fournette, Devin Singletary, David Montgomery, Marlon Mack, Boston Scott, Ryquell Armstead*

WR: Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, DK Metcalf, DeVante Parker, Golden Tate

TE: Tyler Higbee

D/ST: Chicago Bears

K: Zane Gonzalez 

(*Ended up dropping Henry Ruggs for Ryquell Armstead in light of Fournette release. I did not expect him to sign so quickly, but I guess I have more depth at RB now)

13 hours ago, Wentzylvania said:

You think Hill and Metcalf are terrible starters? 

6 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

but pairing Hill and Metcalf is definitely a high risk-high reward proposition.

I see what you are saying. Hill is not a PPR-machine, but he only needs 4-5 plays to breakout in yards. You're starting him and hoping he explodes. But I'm not locked-in Metcalf starting as WR2. It's conceivable to start any of Brown, Samuel, Diggs, and Lamb over Metcalf. I could see any of them break the Top-20 WRs week to week. Shows the depth of the WR position in the middle rounds of the draft. What will be infuriating is trying to pick which ones to play. Does one have a breakout season? Lose someone to injury? When I say it's a strong group of WRs, I mean you could start any of them.

6 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I guess I'll throw in my roster too (keep in mind I drafted the day before Leonard Fournette was released by the Jags)

Also pick 9 of 10 in PPR

QB: Josh Allen

RB: Miles Sanders, Leonard Fournette, Devin Singletary, David Montgomery, Marlon Mack, Boston Scott, Ryquell Armstead*

WR: Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, DK Metcalf, DeVante Parker, Golden Tate

TE: Tyler Higbee

D/ST: Chicago Bears

K: Zane Gonzalez 

(*Ended up dropping Henry Ruggs for Ryquell Armstead in light of Fournette release. I did not expect him to sign so quickly, but I guess I have more depth at RB now)

Love, Love, LOVE Higbee, especially where he's going in the draft. He's the guy that could crack Top 5 TEs and you're getting him a couple rounds later than the other top TEs. I see why you loaded up at RB, because that group could bust.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, toolg said:

Love, Love, LOVE Higbee, especially where he's going in the draft. He's the guy that could crack Top 5 TEs and you're getting him a couple rounds later than the other top TEs. I see why you loaded up at RB, because that group could bust.

I'm also a big fan of Higbee as a TE1. Played in a 10 team PPR league last year and won the championship starting Higbee at TE and Dallas Goedert in the flex, although it probably had more to do with having Zeke and Barkley (bought low via trade when he first got hurt and was projected to miss 8 weeks) as my starting RBs.

I like my WRs but the RB group after Sanders does concern me. It looks like Fournette is going to start off behind Ronald Jones until his role can get carved out, per Bruce Arians comments today. I might have to wait a few weeks and start Devin Singletary at RB2 until there's more clarity.

6 hours ago, toolg said:

I see what you are saying. Hill is not a PPR-machine, but he only needs 4-5 plays to breakout in yards. You're starting him and hoping he explodes. But I'm not locked-in Metcalf starting as WR2. It's conceivable to start any of Brown, Samuel, Diggs, and Lamb over Metcalf. I could see any of them break the Top-20 WRs week to week. Shows the depth of the WR position in the middle rounds of the draft. What will be infuriating is trying to pick which ones to play. Does one have a breakout season? Lose someone to injury? When I say it's a strong group of WRs, I mean you could start any of them.

I agree you have several WRs with upside, especially guys known for the deep ball and not so much high volume (Hill, Brown, Diggs), which is why I mentioned the high-risk high reward proposition, but I can certainly see someone from that group being at least somewhat consistent.

In comparison you could argue my roster could use a guy like Marquise Brown, Stefon Diggs, etc... as a WR4 instead of the conservative choice of Golden Tate. I guess DeVante Parker is somewhat an upside play along with Metcalf.

Same format, although mine has 2 keepers. Also, commish made the rosters huge this year due to COVID.

QB: Allen, Rodgers
RB: Kamara (keeper), Carson, Singletary, Gibson
WR: Adams (keeper), Thielen, Sutton, Edelman, DeSean Jackson, Reagor, Golden Tate
TE: Ertz, Hurst
K: Elliott
D/ST: Vikings

On 9/7/2020 at 8:41 PM, Saltpeter said:

Same format, although mine has 2 keepers. Also, commish made the rosters huge this year due to COVID.

QB: Allen, Rodgers
RB: Kamara (keeper), Carson, Singletary, Gibson
WR: Adams (keeper), Thielen, Sutton, Edelman, DeSean Jackson, Reagor, Golden Tate
TE: Ertz, Hurst
K: Elliott
D/ST: Vikings

Well the keepers certainly make a big difference 😄

Solid draft.

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Well the keepers certainly make a big difference 😄

Solid draft.

Thanks, man. Honestly, I'm petrified of Josh Allen, but I have a bunch of idiots in my league who draft QBs 2 rounds early and Allen was one of the only decent QB options left.