Leonard Fournette

eaglesfan0075

I had my 10 team PPR draft on Sunday, at which time Leonard Fournette was still on the Jaguars after they failed to find a trade suitor. When I looked at the available RB2 options in Round 4, I went with Fournette. He seemed more palatable compared to the other options available; I had him last year in a 12 team standard league and he actually ended up being a more consistent performer than Alvin Kamara. The Jaguars literally had no significant depth behind him, so it seemed like a no-brainer to just keep him and let his contract expire if they want to draft someone else early in 2021.

Apparently the Jaguars are Tanking for Trevor (Lawrence) and are continuing their fire sale from last year (Jalen Ramsey, Yannick Ngakoue, and now Leonard Fournette). I was one of the unfortunate souls that didn't think they would actually cut Fournette if they couldn't find a trade partner. Obviously Fournette's fantasy value is now in flux until he finds a new team (if he does, hopefully). 

Today, I was offered a straight up trade of Jordan Howard for Leonard Fournette.

My gut tells me to wait out the situation: Fournette on a new team > Howard on the Dolphins....or should I actually take the deal?

hold on to hip. RB is an easy position for a guy to join a new offense which is why rookie RBs have more success than any other position. You drafted a RB3/4 (and maybe 5?) for a reason, so slot that guy in to Fournette's spot until he lands somewhere and looks to be getting game action. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

hold on to hip. RB is an easy position for a guy to join a new offense which is why rookie RBs have more success than any other position. You drafted a RB3/4 (and maybe 5?) for a reason, so slot that guy in to Fournette's spot until he lands somewhere and looks to be getting game action. 

Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards. I'm slotting in Devin Singletary at RB2 for now. My WRs are fairly strong so I'm starting a WR in the flex.

I put in waiver claims for both Ryquell Armstead and Chris Thompson so at least that's another option in case one of the two break out. I am second in the waiver order so I should at least get one of them.

I'd hold Fournette. It's too easy to sell low until he finds a landing spot. He's really talented, his efficiency was terrible with the Jags, but a new team could suit him much better.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toolg said:

I'd hold Fournette. It's too easy to sell low until he finds a landing spot. He's really talented, his efficiency was terrible with the Jags, but a new team could suit him much better.

Signed with the Bucs. Probably one of the better landing spots for him outside of maybe Pittsburgh. 

Only downside is that it's a crowded backfield and there's a lot of talent at the skill positions across the board, so he isn't the focal point of the offense anymore like he was with the Jags. However he's running behind a better OL, which should only help when he does get the ball in his hands.

Now I have a tough decision whether to start him right away, or let Devin Singletary start at RB2 against the Jets, while seeing how the Bucs distribute carries in Week 1?

25 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Signed with the Bucs.

I just saw that. 

Honestly, it makes me feel better about the Bucs chances than Fournette. The team is going all-in behind Brady, Gronk, Evans, Godwin, etc. But I don’t know if Fournette gets a role right away. Ron Jones is supposed to look good. Shady and draft pick Vaughn will compete for carries. It’s a crowded backfield. I’d wait to see what role Fournette gets before I’m comfortable starting him. Singletary looks like the better bet Week 1. 

2 hours ago, toolg said:

I just saw that. 

Honestly, it makes me feel better about the Bucs chances than Fournette. The team is going all-in behind Brady, Gronk, Evans, Godwin, etc. But I don’t know if Fournette gets a role right away. Ron Jones is supposed to look good. Shady and draft pick Vaughn will compete for carries. It’s a crowded backfield. I’d wait to see what role Fournette gets before I’m comfortable starting him. Singletary looks like the better bet Week 1. 

Yeah that sounds reasonable. At least with Singletary I know he'll get his carries, even with the camp reports of Zack Moss impressing the Bills staff

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, wyote said:

So how you feel now? Going to start him? 

Yes, I feel like Fournette has played well enough to get his carries, despite whatever Bruce Arians tells the press.

I had Fournette and David Montgomery go off on my bench this past week while I started Devin Singletary at RB2. 

Montgomery has the starting role locked up in Chicago but he's an inferior talent who took advantage of poor matchups in my opinion. I'm going with Fournette at RB2 this week.

On 9/24/2020 at 5:30 AM, eaglesfan0075 said:

Yes, I feel like Fournette has played well enough to get his carries, despite whatever Bruce Arians tells the press.

I had Fournette and David Montgomery go off on my bench this past week while I started Devin Singletary at RB2. 

Montgomery has the starting role locked up in Chicago but he's an inferior talent who took advantage of poor matchups in my opinion. I'm going with Fournette at RB2 this week.

Well things are now interesting with Devin Singletary expected to get more carries with Zach Moss out. Josh Allen is still a threat to take away his red-zone touches, but Singletary looks like a solid RB2 pick this week. David Montgomery also has RB2 potential with a good matchup against the Falcons D.

If Julio Jones is indeed ruled out, I'll end up starting 2 of these three guys.

Sooo we starting Fournette this week?

I’m starting Montgomery forsure. Deciding on RB2 between Kelley and Fournette.

Just now, Jenkins27 said:

Sooo we starting Fournette this week?

I’m starting Montgomery forsure. Deciding on RB2 between Kelley and Fournette.

Kelley.  I want to start him, but with Chubb and Taylor at RB, Ridley and Hopkins at WR and Metcalf at Flex, can’t find a spot for him.

39 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Kelley.  I want to start him, but with Chubb and Taylor at RB, Ridley and Hopkins at WR and Metcalf at Flex, can’t find a spot for him.

I'm surprised I got him on waivers. Guys before me that submitted a claim went Mike Davis (he has CMC), Devonta Freeman, Dion Lewis, and Cleveland defense in that order before I got Kelley with the 8th waiver spot. I had him as the second highest target after Freeman lol.

It's hard to go against Fournette tho. It sounds like they are trying to do what we did in 17, tire the defense out in the first before beginning to run Blount/Fournette all over them in the second half.

In light of the game-script going against the Bears right now, it looks like Fournette may have been the better option compared to Montgomery? Not a good matchup on the road but maybe talent will prevail?

Singletary has been decent even if Josh Allen vultures rushing TDs. 

3 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

In light of the game-script going against the Bears right now, it looks like Fournette may have been the better option compared to Montgomery? Not a good matchup on the road but maybe talent will prevail?

Singletary has been decent even if Josh Allen vultures rushing TDs. 

Heard Cohen tore his ACL tho? Might increase Montgomery's usage, hopefully.

If Fournette does well today I may try to sell high. Get myself out of the Bucs backfield situation. Arians loves benching players too quickly.

On 9/27/2020 at 5:31 PM, Jenkins27 said:

Heard Cohen tore his ACL tho? Might increase Montgomery's usage, hopefully.

If Fournette does well today I may try to sell high. Get myself out of the Bucs backfield situation. Arians loves benching players too quickly.

Yeah both players were meh this week. Should have started Darrell Henderson at Flex instead 😄

Currently sweating bullets hoping CEH doesn't get too many more carries this game with 8:10 left in the 4th. Hanging on by a thread right now.

6 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Yeah both players were meh this week. Should have started Darrell Henderson at Flex instead 😄

Currently sweating bullets hoping CEH doesn't get too many more carries this game with 8:10 left in the 4th. Hanging on by a thread right now.

I somehow won this week with my two WRs being Diontae Johnson and John Brown (.90 total). Thanks to Mahomes. Dude killed it!

28 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

I somehow won this week with my two WRs being Diontae Johnson and John Brown (.90 total). Thanks to Mahomes. Dude killed it!

Well I took my first L in two leagues where I was 2-0 and I got my first W in a league where I was 0-2 after this MNF game.

CEH got enough rushing yards to spoil my upset in my money league. Having Julio Jones out definitely put my team in a tough spot this week. The other league was simply a matchup that couldn't be overcome with my opponent reaping the rewards of a monster week for Kamara, Ekeler, and Lockett.

I did scrape by in a league where my opponent had Mahomes and Mark Andrews (and I actually got to benefit from Tyler Lockett's 3 TD game). Won by 2.6 pts 

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good 😂

• Like 1

Probably holding onto Fournette for now, on the bench until he finds a favorable matchup. I don't see Arians feeding him high volume.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...