Laviska Shenault, WR Colorado -- drafted by Jaguars

greendestiny27

The injury concerns put me off this guy. I think he's a really good player though I'm not blown away by him but the injuries push him down. 

I’m hoping the eagles go with another position in Round 1, then trade up for Shenault in Round 2.

Colorado seemed to use him a lot as a runner. That could certainly explain the injuries.

11 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I’m hoping the eagles go with another position in Round 1, then trade up for Shenault in Round 2.

Colorado seemed to use him a lot as a runner. That could certainly explain the injuries.

No way in hell I’m passing on any of the top 5 receivers in this draft (which IMO are Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Reagor, Jefferson, in that order). Reagor and Jefferson will both likely be there and are much better options than Shenault. I’d also consider Mims at 21 if something crazy happens and those 5 are all gone. Then there’s Aiyuk... not sure I’d take him at 21 but if somehow they traded down toward the back end of the first I’d be fine with him. 

With his injuries I’d be willing to take a chance on Shenault in the third, but no way he’s the first WR I take in this draft. 

11 minutes ago, nipples said:

No way in hell I’m passing on any of the top 5 receivers in this draft (which IMO are Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Reagor, Jefferson, in that order). Reagor and Jefferson will both likely be there and are much better options than Shenault. I’d also consider Mims at 21 if something crazy happens and those 5 are all gone. Then there’s Aiyuk... not sure I’d take him at 21 but if somehow they traded down toward the back end of the first I’d be fine with him. 

With his injuries I’d be willing to take a chance on Shenault in the third, but no way he’s the first WR I take in this draft. 

I’m not sure if Reagor is valued as highly outside of The Eagles Message Board.

Personally, I like Shenault and Mims better than either Reagor or Jefferson.

19 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I’m not sure if Reagor is valued as highly outside of The Eagles Message Board.

Personally, I like Shenault and Mims better than either Reagor or Jefferson.

Honestly I think he’s likely valued too low by a lot of the "experts”. His QB was awful, and he’d have put up even better numbers if he didn’t have so many off target passes thrown at him. I believe NFL scouts will acknowledge this and realize how good he can be with an NFL QB throwing him the ball. I believe I read somewhere that he was like the 3rd or 4th lowest in college football in terms of percentage of accurate passes thrown to him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The injury concerns put me off this guy. I think he's a really good player though I'm not blown away by him but the injuries push him down. 

Thats fair and I get that. I think at 21 it may be a little rich so if you could trade down a bit that may be the best bang for the buck. But he's one of my favorite players in this draft. His play style is rough and rugged which brought on some extra injuries. The only positive is he hasn't suffered lis franc's, torn acl/achilles, those more serious types of injuries. 

• Like 1

Just now, greendestiny27 said:

Thats fair and I get that. I think at 21 it may be a little rich so if you could trade down a bit that may be the best bang for the buck. But he's one of my favorite players in this draft. His play style is rough and rugged which brought on some extra injuries. The only positive is he hasn't suffered lis franc's, torn acl/achilles, those more serious types of injuries. 

He's the one player, actually maybe Aiyuk too, who I think we could trade down and still get them later in the first. 

If the top 4 WR's are gone before we pick in the 1st and say we trade down and pick the best LB or Safety available, do you think either Shenault or Mims will be there in 2nd if we keep our spot and don't move up? Or would we have to move up in the 2nd to snag of of these 2?

1 hour ago, Weedeater said:

If the top 4 WR's are gone before we pick in the 1st and say we trade down and pick the best LB or Safety available, do you think either Shenault or Mims will be there in 2nd if we keep our spot and don't move up? Or would we have to move up in the 2nd to snag of of these 2?

It’s been reported that injury concerns could push guys down draft boards more than usual because team doctors can’t meet with players. I think Shenault has a better chance than Mims of being available in the late 30’s/early 40’s.

3 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

It’s been reported that injury concerns could push guys down draft boards more than usual because team doctors can’t meet with players. I think Shenault has a better chance than Mims of being available in the late 30’s/early 40’s.

I agree. 

4 hours ago, SBorBust said:

Late 30s early 40s? I honestly don’t think he goes in the first two rounds. 

Let someone else take chance on Shenault in the 2nd or 3rd round.

The Eagles not only need to draft 2 WRs, but they also need at least one of these two guys to make a big impact as a rookie. If Shenault gets hurt, he can't contribute.

Even with the big 3 off the board they still have Jefferson, Reagor, Mims, and Aiyuk. One of those 4 at either 21 or after a trade down would be ideal.

It really depends on how the board shakes out though. If Jefferson also sneaks into the top 20, the team may not want to risk trading down and missing out on their favorite of the remaining trio given that the Vikings, Saints, and Packers are all potential WR destinations.