CB Craig James signed to extension

weko

Sidney deserves more opportunities, I hope they don’t give up on him yet 

Douglas has shown what he can do and is what he is at this point 

I agree with weko.  Jones has had plenty of opportunities - his time is up.  

I wish they would have kept Arnold around for further development.  Maybe he makes it back to the PS and will move up to the 53 next year when both Douglas and Jones should be gone so spots will be available for the taking.

Don't see Jones getting cut. They will get someone to trade for him. 

If the extension is true, James will make the roster.  Jones has not showed a lot and is possibly getting cut, though as a high draftee may get him some extra considerations.  Douglass has not been impressive either.  But he got to play CB ahead of Jones in camp.  Either the coaches think more of him, or they want to make sure if he can be a factor at CB.  We shall find out in 1-2 days. 

This definitely seals the fate of either Douglas or Jones.  I think they should look at Douglas as a safety. I've defended Jones because of his health issues, but can't do it anymore. If you can't stay on the field, then there's no point.

• Like 2

Just now, CaliEagle said:

This definitely seals the fate of either Douglas or Jones.  I think they should look at Douglas as a safety. I've defended Jones because of his health issues, but can't do it anymore. If you can't stay on the field, then there's no point.

I think that's actually a good suggestion. Move Douglas to Safety and if needed they could move him back to corner if they have injuries. 

• Like 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think that's actually a good suggestion. Move Douglas to Safety and if needed they could move him back to corner if they have injuries. 

He's built more like a safety and he has the ability to intercept passes. He had a lot of INTs in college. The only question is does he have the mental awareness to be a safety.  That's where he might fall short.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

He's built more like a safety and he has the ability to intercept passes. He had a lot of INTs in college. The only question is does he have the mental awareness to be a safety.  That's where he might fall short.

But I think he's worth a shot there for sure. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But I think he's worth a shot there for sure. 

They should've tried it before now, in my opinion.  But, now wouldn't be a bad time to at least look at it. Mills played some safety in college, but he's still a question mark as a safety. We won't know until we see him go against TEs in coverage and that concerns me with his size.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Don't see Jones getting cut. They will get someone to trade for him. 

Are there any teams out there with no #2 starting CB and no depth at CB?  

Hey, wait a minute....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Hey, wait a minute....

Haha so so true. Sad but true. 

40 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Hey, wait a minute....

Panthers come to mind right away with them reaching out to multiple teams for a number 2 and slot CB. 

There is actually more then you think though in you go into all teams depth

Wonder why they signed him to a new deal?  He was already under contract through 2020 (he would have become a RFA after the upcoming season).  They only signed him for 1 year.  Or did they add a year such that it keeps him locked up through 2021 now too?

On 9/4/2020 at 5:21 AM, weko said:

That's the right move.  Hopefully now BOTH Jones & Douglas will be gone.

I laugh reacted ur post yesterday  thinking it was ridiculous to think we’d get rid of them. Damn, u were right lolol.

5 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

I laugh reacted ur post yesterday  thinking it was ridiculous to think we’d get rid of them. Damn, u were right lolol.

Glad they bit the bullet.  Jones was a lousy pick from day 1.  Severe injury with a small, thin, weak frame.  Physically and mentally soft.  Refused management's request to add muscle in the off season.  Bad bad Pac 12 pick in the early 2nd round.  Douglas has ball skills but may be one of the slowest CBs in the league.  He is a huge liability on the field.  We all wanted to see him tried at S.  Maybe some team claims him and puts him there.  Glad they dumped DE Miller.  He had a 6th round grade and we took him in the 4th.  When they scouted Sanders they for some reason thought Miller was a player.  I have no reason why.  He didn't show much at PS.  They kept Avery over Ostman.  I guess Howie couldn't bare to cut a 4th premium bust pick in one day.  Hopefully they claim an OT and cut Mailata tomorrow.  My fear is that Howie's ego will have him keep rugby as our swing tackle and Wentz's season ends soon after he's put in the line up.  Playing with fire keeping Mailata and playing him at LT.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, weko said:

Glad they bit the bullet.  Jones was a lousy pick from day 1.  Severe injury with a small, thin, weak frame.  Physically and mentally soft.  Refused management's request to add muscle in the off season.  Bad bad Pac 12 pick in the early 2nd round.  Douglas has ball skills but may be one of the slowest CBs in the league.  He is a huge liability on the field.  We all wanted to see him tried at S.  Maybe some team claims him and puts him there.  Glad they dumped DE Miller.  He had a 6th round grade and we took him in the 4th.  When they scouted Sanders they for some reason thought Miller was a player.  I have no reason why.  He didn't show much at PS.  They kept Avery over Ostman.  I guess Howie couldn't bare to cut a 4th premium bust pick in one day.  Hopefully they claim an OT and cut Mailata tomorrow.  My fear is that Howie's ego will have him keep rugby as our swing tackle and Wentz's season ends soon after he's put in the line up.  Playing with fire keeping Mailata and playing him at LT.

And then in comes Hurts to magically leads us to Super Bowl championship #2!  :excited:

• Haha 2

wit

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

And then in comes Hurts to magically leads us to Super Bowl championship #2!  :excited:

With our LT situation Hurts may be playing sooner rather than later

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah! At LT! 😊

Looks like we did not claim an OLman.  Or sign one yet as of 1:30 on Sunday

Jones is important for special teams. He is not a starter. Good special teams signing.