Shaquem Griffin LB (Signed Seattle PS)

Vileborg

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I give this thread 1 thumb up 

is that the griffin with or without the hand?

Go get him.  He has the perfect mindset to be in Philadelphia.  He will always give 100 percent unlike most of last years defense.  Him and Wallace with brian Dawkins giving advice its worth a shot.  

• Like 2

32 games, 1 start only on a team,  Ill pass. Not wasting a roster spot on just speed when we have enough of them players already. 

16 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

32 games, 1 start only on a team,  Ill pass. Not wasting a roster spot on just speed when we have enough of them players already. 

I think he's worth bringing in, even with minimal "starting experience". Don't forget that we drafted two LBs this year, with the strong possibility of having to start one or both rookies.

I'd rather not just default to T.J. Edwards, Duke Riley, and Nathan Gerry as the starters. Griffin should be able to start at either OLB spot over Riley/Gerry. Maybe the Eagles get lucky with Davion Taylor or Shaun Bradley and get a productive rookie LB too? 

This team also lost some veteran leaders on defense (Jenkins, Bradham) so it wouldn't hurt to bring in someone with strong intangibles to help lead that LB corps.

The team is relying on Jalen Mills and Rodney McLeod to fill the void of Jenkins and I'm not sure if it will be quite as effective in terms of a leadership standpoint.

• Like 1

How would he be any improvement over Bradley or Taylor? He has the same experience level on the field. He sat on the sidelines for 2 years which does not give him much more experience over the two. Hes just 2 years older. I give him his speed over Edwards. I hate to say it but the one hand does have its disadvantages as well. I just don;t see the worth in using a roster spot for him when we have players very similar in a system that doesn't use a lot of LBs. 

42 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

How would he be any improvement over Bradley or Taylor? He has the same experience level on the field. He sat on the sidelines for 2 years which does not give him much more experience over the two. Hes just 2 years older. I give him his speed over Edwards. I hate to say it but the one hand does have its disadvantages as well. I just don;t see the worth in using a roster spot for him when we have players very similar in a system that doesn't use a lot of LBs. 

He's more talented than either of them I would suggest. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's more talented than either of them I would suggest. 

He was a late 5th round pick who never hit the field more then a handful of times in 2 years. Taylor was a 3rd(yea a round too early) and Bradley a 6th.  I don;t think that would suggest to me Griffin is more talented.  Just dont see the hype. If it wasnt for the hype on him by NFL network before that draft most wouldnt know who he was.

• Like 1