Roster surprises/questions

Hawkeye

Lots can change in the next week but first impression questions:

Who’s starting at LT?  Mailata made the team.  But surely he’s not the guy...

Alshon made the 53 man roster.  For who? For what?

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Lots can change in the next week but first impression questions:

Who’s starting at LT?  Mailata made the team.  But surely he’s not the guy...

Alshon made the 53 man roster.  For who? For what?

Thoughts?

I still think  Peters slides over to LT and they are just trying to figure out who can play in the event he gets hurt. 

Alshon is a pure money move I think. If they can find a trade they will do that if not he will go on the IR that brings him back. Unless the other receivers are still healthy and playing well by then. They might just cut him in case they need to make room on the injured reserve to return . 

• Like 1

Mailata should be the guy. People are just scared to take a shot. 

Too bad because it's what won you a Super Bowl in this town. 

• Like 1

By Mon this team is already going to look different. Its just a bit too early for this with not all roster moves done. Howie even said it himself today after the cuts. 

I think Howie still needs to make moves here. 

I mean the RB room? That's too light. 

The corner room? Jeez that's even lighter. We are one injury to Maddox or Slay away from Craig James. And hey I'm still not sure about Maddox, he needs competition on the outside but right now he's been handed that starter spot. Corner actually doesn't look any better this year than last. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The corner room? Jeez that's even lighter. We are one injury to Maddox or Slay away from Craig James. And hey I'm still not sure about Maddox, he needs competition on the outside but right now he's been handed that starter spot. Corner actually doesn't look any better this year than last. 

Depth wise no talent wise they are light years better just by adding slay and NCR

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

7 WRs seems like a lot too, although Jeffrey and Reagor are out for now...

The Nigerian Prince getting cut is a blow to the world. I was hoping he could stop spamming everyone. 

7 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

They kept 6 Safeties??!! WTH.

That's not surprising they have 2 starters one of them is able to slide over to corner schwartz likes to play a 3rd saftey that one is hurt so they need one to back him up till he returns so that's 4. The 5th is a promising rookie. If mills needs to slide over to corner then you are down to 4 and when Parks comes back they probably cut the other one so you are now down to 3 and anyone of them can suck so you basically have 3 solid safeties. Hang on my math is off I don't know where the 6th one went lol but, either way you can count mills as a corner so it's really 5

Thee end lol

• Haha 1

Very strange roster makeup: 3 RB’s, 8 OL, 6 LB (weak group) and 6 safeties. I would expect some changes before opening day. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Depth wise no talent wise they are light years better just by adding slay and NCR

Are they? I mean sure Slay is a really good CB but I'm not convinced they are light years better. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Are they? I mean sure Slay is a really good CB but I'm not convinced they are light years better. 

Slay alone is better then anything they have had in the last 3 years he can move around and lock up the other teams best receiver and keeps from having to have Mills or a Darby type player from getting torched play after play. That's an instant upgrade from anything we have had in awhile. Then you add in NRC who is also one of the best nickel corners in the league and that leaves one of the safties free to help with who ever the second corner is on the outside. So instead of worrying about 3 corner spots and only one of them getting help, we only have to worry about 1 corner spot who can get help all the time. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TrotterIsGod said:

Mailata should be the guy. People are just scared to take a shot. 

I very much want to see him succeed and do well for us, but admittedly, the prospect of him being thrown into the fire of a real game with Carson under center, does scare me. I wish we'd had some pre-season for him to get more playing experience. I wonder if they've been giving him any time at guard. 

23 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

7 WRs seems like a lot too, although Jeffrey and Reagor are out for now...

Watkins has developed a strange "Upper Body Injury" (Sprained eyebrow).

Watkins is fine, but clearly not ready. He will be stashed this year. 6 WRs is fine with Burnett as our PS cover who can come up and play when needed. Exactly as I expected.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Watkins has developed a strange "Upper Body Injury" (Sprained eyebrow).

Watkins is fine, but clearly not ready. He will be stashed this year. 6 WRs is fine with Burnett as our PS cover who can come up and play when needed. Exactly as I expected.

6 WRs is fine? With Alshon out until... No have no idea and Desean being the main man? Not to mention our first round pick is out for a few weeks. I'm not sure on this team 6 of any position, including QB is ever really enough. 

On 9/7/2020 at 1:04 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

6 WRs is fine? With Alshon out until... No have no idea and Desean being the main man? Not to mention our first round pick is out for a few weeks. I'm not sure on this team 6 of any position, including QB is ever really enough. 

The most recent reports indicate Reagor will be back for week 2.