McCown Signed to the PS!!!

Vileborg

Too bad they have to use a PS slot on him though. I guess he has to be on a roster in some form? I agree about the player/coach angle with a view toward adding him to the coaching staff.

11 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Too bad they have to use a PS slot on him though.

But better that than an actual roster spot. 

Great move.  Taking advantage of the new rule allowing up to 4 PS players with no limits on experience.  Saw how valuable McCown was to the team during the Amazon series last season, so I like this.

At his age, I can't see McCown making it through any game healthy.  He only played in one game and tore his muscle on a scramble.  I think they want him to eventually be a QB coach, so that is probably what this move is more about.  They probably want him as an additional guy to help the QB room.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

But better that than an actual roster spot. 

He always wanted to look for 1 more year playing on a team this season. Perhaps this is what was needed to be able to sign him as a coach. He wasn't going to be signed a s starting QB on a team, it would have been as a backup, and all the teams are seemingly set at Backup QB's on rosters. So being on a practice squad, was the only thing left that potentially could see him on the field this season ... He really made a good impression as a coach. So the Eagles as mentioned are looking to the future there as some type of QB coach, perhaps in 2021.... 🙂

The coaches must really like McCown.  He is destined to be a coach with the team.  On the other hand, Sudfeld should prepare his departure by the end of this season if not sooner.  With Hurts and McCown here, there is no room for Sudfeld.

30 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

At his age, I can't see McCown making it through any game healthy.  He only played in one game and tore his muscle on a scramble.  I think they want him to eventually be a QB coach, so that is probably what this move is more about.  They probably want him as an additional guy to help the QB room.

At his age he’s high risk for covid. Those nursing homes can be brutal. 😆 

Did not know McCown was Covid positive and needs to be quarantined.  He is not old enough to be in the high-risk group. 

PS:  Apparently McCown is an insurance QB if there is an outbreak in the team.  He is away from the team and free of virus, and can step right in.

17 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Very happy with this. Hope it leads to a spot on the staff next year.

Should just be a spot on the staff this year. 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 5:17 PM, CaliEagle said:

At his age, I can't see McCown making it through any game healthy. 

Tom Brady says hello!

2 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Tom Brady says hello!

Tom Brady is an outlier. He has been very durable in his career. McCown was durable, but that's a bad sign when you tear your muscle off the bone on a scramble. That's a sign that he's near the end of his career.