The Turtle (Every Time Wentz Gets Pressured)

0-16

What the F? I coach 8 year-olds with better presence under pressure. Every time anyone gets anywhere near his pasty white a**, he ducks his head and shrinks like a frightened turtle. Maybe that's how they do it in South Dakota but that crap ain't gonna fly in the NFL. 

18 minutes ago, 0-16 said:

What the F? I coach 8 year-olds with better presence under pressure. Every time anyone gets anywhere near his pasty white a**, he ducks his head and shrinks like a frightened turtle. Maybe that's how they do it in South Dakota but that crap ain't gonna fly in the NFL. 

I don’t like seeing him try to duck every sack either but the fact that a guy who "coaches” can’t see that Wentz is trying to evade defenders and not shrink, invalidates this entire silly thread. As a coach, you should be embarrassed and resign. 

• Like 2

It speaks to a lack of poise and awareness, Wentz doesn't have the demeanour of a good QB even after 5 years in the league. Good QBs remain calm when pressured, he gets erratic as soon as he is pressured even a little. If he hasn't fixed this by now, I don't think he ever will.

Wentz had a bad game, but being sacked as many times as he was, had a lot to do with him loosing his composure and being ineffective. The coaches made NO adjustments!!! is what pisses me off even more.

• Like 1

Drew brees could not of thrown behind that porous line with his 2.1 second release.   Should of run the ball but how.  No line and no running backs.  Bad all the way around.  Yup he had two bad picks but the receivers did not help they were rookies.  Were in for a long year but hey we have football. 

• 4 weeks later...

I like the word Turtle for him, but I prefer Stupid.

How many more sacks and not throw the ball away after 5 years on the job?

On 9/14/2020 at 7:35 AM, 0-16 said:

Umm... You mean when he ducks to try and duck under the oncoming rusher?

Wentz was the 4th highest rated QB yesterday which includes his interception that resulted because Zach Ertz was bullied by a corner and knocked off of his route.  This was with his top 3 receivers out, top TE out, and 4 starting OL out (5 if you include Peters at LT).  The fact that they scored 29 points against one of the league's best defenses (pass rush especially) will go completely unnoticed by the Wentz haters, but it's a borderline miracle.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hputenis said:

Wentz was the 4th highest rated QB yesterday which includes his interception that resulted because Zach Ertz was bullied by a corner and knocked off of his route.  This was with his top 3 receivers out, top TE out, and 4 starting OL out (5 if you include Peters at LT).  The fact that they scored 29 points against one of the league's best defenses (pass rush especially) will go completely unnoticed by the Wentz haters, but it's a borderline miracle.  

I just think there needs to be balance in the argument. There's a huge divide right now on Wentz. Either he's terrible or the 2017 Wentz is still in there and we will see that Wentz again. I think the truth sits in the middle. He's a flawed QB who always will be. He's not accurate and as a result misses easy throws which do kill drives. But he's still capable of making those insane plays and he's still capable of leading this team, at times, to score lots of points.