July 25Jul 25 The Eagles are among the last teams to start training camp and I don't understand.They have a defensive coordinator who constantly complains about the lack of practice time. They have a nnew offensive coordiator who isinstalling a new or partially new systems. They have a flock of 1st and 2nd year guys who need development time
July 26Jul 26 7 hours ago, Rob331 said:The Eagles are among the last teams to start training camp and I don't understand.They have a defensive coordinator who constantly complains about the lack of practice time.They have a nnew offensive coordiator who isinstalling a new or partially new systems.They have a flock of 1st and 2nd year guys who need development timeI've been saying the same thing. They could at least have had a rookie camp 5-6 days before the veterans report. That time would be very helpful for guys like Stowers, Morris, Bernard and others.
July 26Jul 26 Teams only get 16 padded practices in camp. Its not that important in how you get them in.They are in some form of minicamp for most of the spring anyway.
July 27Jul 27 Author On 7/26/2026 at 7:50 AM, EagleJoe8 said:Team management felt Rob needed a reason to start a thread.Given that you've appropriated the name of one of the most legendary Eagles fans ever, you're insight is totally lacking.
July 27Jul 27 2 hours ago, Rob331 said:Given that you've appropriated the name of one of the most legendary Eagles fans ever, your insight is totally lacking.Never even heard of him when I made my name. Also, I’m sure Joe is such an uncommon name. Not likely to find more than 2 amongst Eagles fans. Go whine about something else.
July 28Jul 28 Aside from what Skippy pointed out, starting later gives the guys that are rehabbing offseason injuries more time to be ready to practice. The sky isn't always falling, just because we have a new thing to gripe about.
July 28Jul 28 They may not have been on the practice field but they will have been conditioning and they will have been getting up to speed with the play book. I feel like every year there’s something with training camp. They aren’t practicing enough, they are practicing too much. They aren’t in full gear enough, they are in full gear too much. Their practice days are too short or too long.I’m sure the organisation is using data to inform their decisions. There will be plenty of teams who started early and will regret it. There will be teams who started late that will regret it.
July 28Jul 28 Author 20 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:Never even heard of him when I made my name. Also, I’m sure Joe is such an uncommon name. Not likely to find more than 2 amongst Eagles fans.You musy be a young'un, a newcomer to the Birds, or from out of the area. Eagle Joe was legendary. He was at every day of training camp for over 20 years. He was so ubiquious that Buddy Ryan gave him a coaches shirt, a whistle, and allowed him actually on the practice fields. He was a daily caller to WIP and his insights and observations was much better than modern day Elliott Shore Parks. When Eagle Joe passed the Eagles made a public statement praising his fandom and his dedicatoin to the team.
July 28Jul 28 Author 6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:I’m sure the organisation is using data to inform their decisions. There will be plenty of teams who started early and will regret it. There will be teams who started late that will regret it.Truer words were never said.
July 28Jul 28 Author 14 hours ago, brkmsn said:Aside from what Skippy pointed out, starting later gives the guys that are rehabbing offseason injuries more time to be ready to practice.The sky isn't always falling, just because we have a new thing to gripe about.I'm not sure I agree with Skippy. Even unpadded practices provide reps and familiarization. While your explaination involves 6 to 8 players, it's as good as any.
July 28Jul 28 20 minutes ago, Rob331 said:You musy be a young'un, a newcomer to the Birds, or from out of the area. Eagle Joe was legendary. He was at every day of training camp for over 20 years. He was so ubiquious that Buddy Ryan gave him a coaches shirt, a whistle, and allowed him actually on the practice fields. He was a daily caller to WIP and his insights and observations was much better than modern day Elliott Shore Parks. When Eagle Joe passed the Eagles made a public statement praising his fandom and his dedicatoin to the team.I don’t know folks. Is 49 a young ‘un? 🤔
Create an account or sign in to comment