#3 All time worst season opener loss

Mr-Bueno

1. 1998 opener against the Seahawks... lost 38-0 and the offense only crossed the 50 yard line one time... Hoying sacked 9 times and had a total of 12 yards passing.

2. 2002 season opener - first regular season game at the Linc. Lost to the Bucs 17-0 who had previously beaten us in the NFCCG at the Vet denying us a Super Bowl - which they went on to win. And salt in the wound was Warren Sapp talking about closing the vet and opening the Linc with an a** whoopin...

3. Yesterday’s shitshow...

• Like 2

I'd rather watch your avatar for 3 hours over the Eagles. Especially over Wentz 5 year old tantrums 

• Like 4

I don't know man, 1995 "for who, for what" season opener was pretty bad...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mr-Bueno said:

2. 2002 season opener - first regular season game at the Linc. Lost to the Bucs 17-0 who had previously beaten us in the NFCCG at the Vet denying us a Super Bowl - which they went on to win. And salt in the wound was Warren Sapp talking about closing the vet and opening the Linc with an a** whoopin...

I thought the 2002 opener was against the Titans which was pretty bad as well. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mr-Bueno said:

1. 1998 opener against the Seahawks... lost 38-0 and the offense only crossed the 50 yard line one time... Hoying sacked 9 times and had a total of 12 yards passing.

Any time you post something I forget to read what it says. So I'll just agree. Back to your avatar I go...

• Haha 1

This was our problem:

WTF Scoring Drives

45 Yards - TD - INT

20 Yards - TD - INT

28 Yards - FG (Started at Eagles 46) - Turnover on Downs

48 Yards - TD - Punt

20 Yards - FG (Started at Eagles 42) - Turnover on Downs

Every WTF drive that resulted in points, started in Eagles territory. 20 points were self inflicted. 14 from the ints and 6 from bad decisions. Nobody wins a game when you gift an opponent 20 points.

We put Wentz in a bad situation yesterday. There was no pre-season and his first game under center we had him running for his life the whole game. He deserves some of the blame because he needs to get rid of the ball but the line didn't do him any favors.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Any time you post something I forget to read what it says. So I'll just agree. Back to your avatar I go...

have to agree I'm having hard time reading his posts.

1 minute ago, Vileborg said:

This was our problem:

WTF Scoring Drives

45 Yards - TD - INT

20 Yards - TD - INT

28 Yards - FG (Started at Eagles 46) - Turnover on Downs

48 Yards - TD - Punt

20 Yards - FG (Started at Eagles 42) - Turnover on Downs

Every WTF drive that resulted in points, started in Eagles territory. 20 points were self inflicted. 14 from the ints and 6 from bad decisions. Nobody wins a game when you gift an opponent 20 points.

We put Wentz in a bad situation yesterday. There was no pre-season and his first game under center we had him running for his life the whole game. He deserves some of the blame because he needs to get rid of the ball but the line didn't do him any favors.

The coaches put Wentz in a bad situation, and Wentz put the defense in a worse one. The coaches and Wentz lost this game. 

1 hour ago, Vileborg said:

But Wentz is in Year 5 now. He knows the OL in front of him is going to struggle. He knows it's back ups and rookies in there. He knows the Washington DL is very talented so why the F is he not playing smart football?

I know why... Because he thinks he can make a play on every damn snap. And that's great because you want a QB who wants to win games but he's not learning. He's not getting any smarter or showing any maturity in his play. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheCorpseGroom said:

I thought the 2002 opener was against the Titans which was pretty bad as well. 

Correct. The Bucs game opened the 03 season.

On 9/14/2020 at 12:37 PM, Birdman said:

I don't know man, 1995 "for who, for what" season opener was pretty bad...

Never got to see that game. Was blacked out in the Philly area. At the time I was pissed about that.

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

...but he's not learning. He's not getting any smarter or showing any maturity in his play. 

You're realistically not going to learn during the game. The learning comes after. He does need to mature mentally. He probably will eventually. I know the Eagles have a pretty good deal with McCown if covid should hit the QB position, but honestly, I think I'd rather have McCown on the sidelines mentoring / coaching our QBs than to have him as a last hope, emergency plan G contingency option. 

40 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Never got to see that game. Was blacked out in the Philly area. At the time I was pissed about that.

all you need to know...

got to love that mullet at 3:35 😆

4 minutes ago, RUEagle said:

That was awful.  That’s top 3 for sure. 

No doubt. I was at both losses against Tampa to close the Vet and open the Linc.

On 9/14/2020 at 11:30 AM, Mr-Bueno said:

I guess we got the last laugh on the *****. Isn't that loser in prison now?

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

You're realistically not going to learn during the game. The learning comes after. He does need to mature mentally. He probably will eventually. I know the Eagles have a pretty good deal with McCown if covid should hit the QB position, but honestly, I think I'd rather have McCown on the sidelines mentoring / coaching our QBs than to have him as a last hope, emergency plan G contingency option. 

He hasn't learned anything in 4 years. He has 50 fumbles in like 56 career starts. Going in to year 5 you shouldn't still be seeing the same constant issues. All QBs make mistakes sure, but he makes the same ones with regularity.