• Malcolm Brown @ Eagles
    • Cam Akers @ Eagles
    • Antonio Gibson @ Cardinals
    • Latavius Murray @ Raiders
  3. 3. Pick a QB

• Carson Wentz vs. Rams
    • Matthew Stafford @ Packers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/20/2020 at 05:00 PM

Is McLaurin still the best bet in this Flex group?

Suddenly my RB bench is getting crowded. I swapped AP last week for Malcolm Brown, looks like a good move but I left all his points on the bench. I think he's better than Akers for now. Even Murray got enough usage for flex consideration. I have Mixon starting as my RB2, hoping the Bengals offense rejuvenates behind Burrow, but he looked like a dud against the Chargers. His blocking stinks. Is Mixon better against the Browns or start someone else?

Also, which QB you got this week: Wentz or Stafford?

slayton or mclaurin....slayton has been a td machine since late last season so i might go w/ him. 

mixon..easy. yeah, he had a crappy week 1 but they have the browns this week & you drafted him in the first round or two to start him every week. 

i have the same exact choice at qb & i'm going with stafford this week. 

• Thanks 1

At Flex, I was thinking of playing the WR with the better matchup. Giants at Bears looks tough on paper. Then again, Peterson could be on McLaurin all day and that's not easy either. I like Slayton. I think he's the true #1 WR on the Giants over Shepard and Tate. But all the rankers still say go McLaurin. I don't know.

As for Mixon: I feel he is as talented as Kamara and Dalvin Cook, only he's stuck running behind a lousy team. If only the Bengals could get out of their rut... I am hoping Burrow could move them up a notch, but now I am not so sure. Maybe the lousiness runs deeper.

My sub would be the Rams #1 RB. Malcolm Brown looked really good last week. But the Eagles are really good up front on defense, so it could be a tough day running the ball no matter who the Rams give it to. Yet if the Eagles are going to keep giving up a short field, that makes it much easier.

So I got totally outsmarted this week. I was looking for a reason to bench McLaurin against Peterson and you gave it to me. Bad move. I'm going to lose by 10 points.

I won't make the same move next week:  McLaurin @ Browns, Slayton vs. 49ers. Definitely McLaurin

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 10:25 AM, toolg said:

Also, which QB you got this week: Wentz or Stafford?

are you still rolling with stafford & wentz at qb?  i am in my $ league & this week is rough with det on bye & wentz @ pit. 

i'm tempted to pick up bridgewater vs atl.....or herbert...but he's @ saints.    

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

are you still rolling with stafford & wentz at qb?  i am in my $ league & this week is rough with det on bye & wentz @ pit. 

i'm tempted to pick up bridgewater vs atl.....or herbert...but he's @ saints.    

Yup, it's still Wentz and Stafford. But it's mostly because there are no good FA options in my league. Bridgewater is already taken. Herbert looks interesting, but are the Chargers going back to Tyrod this week? Burrow against the Ravens or Carr against the Chiefs, throwing for their lives to keep up? Wentz might put up similar numbers he did in San Fran., so I don't know if it's worth using the waiver pick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toolg said:

Yup, it's still Wentz and Stafford. But it's mostly because there are no good FA options in my league. Bridgewater is already taken. Herbert looks interesting, but are the Chargers going back to Tyrod this week? Burrow against the Ravens or Carr against the Chiefs, throwing for their lives to keep up? Wentz might put up similar numbers he did in San Fran., so I don't know if it's worth using the waiver pick.

i'm interested in bridgewater this week but don't really want to drop anyone for him.  evan engram would be my drop but i actually need him this week with fant probably not playing. 

QB
Carson WentzCarson Wentz
PhiQB
Draft
RB
Mike DavisMike Davis
CarRB
Draft
RB
Free Agency
WR
Draft
WR
Robert WoodsRobert Woods
LARWR
Draft
TE
Evan EngramEvan Engram
NYGTE
Draft
FLEX
Chris CarsonChris Carson
SeaRB
Draft
D/ST
Chargers D/STChargers D/ST
LACD/ST
Free Agency
K
Free Agency
Bench
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
DJ Chark Jr.DJ Chark Jr.
JaxWR
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Noah FantNoah Fant
DenTE
Draft
Bench
Draft
Bench
Carlos HydeCarlos Hyde
SeaRB
Free Agency
Bench
Free Agency

i'm a rb hoarder so i'm always hesitant to drop any of them. guess i'll hope for some rushing production from carson. 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm interested in bridgewater this week but don't really want to drop anyone for him.  evan engram would be my drop but i actually need him this week with fant probably not playing. 

i'm a rb hoarder so i'm always hesitant to drop any of them. guess i'll hope for some rushing production from carson. 

Drop Brandin Cooks.  He has 10 catches for 138 yards through 4 games.

Just now, downundermike said:

Drop Brandin Cooks.  He has 10 catches for 138 yards through 4 games.

yeah...he was next on my list after engram. :lol:   

i'll kick it around...maybe i'll see if teddy makes it through waivers & grab him in the morning w/o losing my waivers spot. 

Cooks is too inconsistent to be of much value. Almost time to move on from Engram too. If he can't do it against a poor Cowboys D this week, then he's done. I'm really looking at that Tonyan guy on the Packers but they're on Bye this week.

On 10/7/2020 at 8:44 AM, toolg said:

Cooks is too inconsistent to be of much value. Almost time to move on from Engram too. If he can't do it against a poor Cowboys D this week, then he's done. I'm really looking at that Tonyan guy on the Packers but they're on Bye this week.

yeah...cooks has been disappointing. i might hang onto him for 1-2 more weeks to see if the coaching change helps.  i need engram for this week with fant most likely not playing...but i won't start him again once fant returns. 

i'm actually considering dropping hyde this week since he most likely won't play this week & sea is on bye next week. then i'll try to pick him back up after the bye to handcuff carson. someone just dropped the bills d in this league so i will monitor the bills/titans situation this week. if the game winds up happening, i might pick up the bills d. 

Don't drop a player unless you are willing to go without him. I've tried to play that game with waivers and bye weeks, and more often than not somebody beats me to get my old player back.

And I wouldn't count on the Titans playing this week. They got more positive tests back today.

• Like 1