My starters this week are

QB: Josh Allen

RB: Miles Sanders, Devin Singletary

WR: Julio Jones, Amari Cooper

TE: Tyler Higbee

FLEX: ???

D/ST: Bears

K: Mason Crosby

I am torn with regards to which position I should go at FLEX this week. I just need to pick one. Here are my options:

RBs:

Leonard Fournette (vs CAR)

David Montgomery (vs NYG)

Boston Scott (vs LAR)

Nyheim Hines (vs MIN)

WRs:

DK Metcalf (vs NE)

Devante Parker (vs BUF) - questionable

Robby Anderson (vs TB)

TE:

Dallas Goedert (vs LAR)

If it weren't for DK Metcalf potentially getting shadowed by Stephon Gilmore of the Pats, he would have been my guy at FLEX this week. I feel like I can get a "safer pick" from elsewhere on my roster.

I'm actually considering going double TE with Higbee and Goedert, but I am not sure if that's the best move here for this week.

Thoughts?

52 minutes ago, NVeagle said:

Hines.  Marlon Mack is done for the season.

Hines at FLEX to make it 3 RBs: Sanders, Singletary, Hines

OR

Substitute Singletary for Hines at RB2 and start someone else in the flex?

I feel like Singletary, Montgomery, and Hines are in the same tier at RB. I'd play Hines. He's the change of pace role, catching balls as well as he's getting an overall uptick in usage with Mack out. Then Singletary or Metcalf at Flex. If you think Metcalf busts this week, go with Singletary.

Goedert is going to unpredictably boom/bust all year. I'm not ready to make him an every week starter. Too many hands to feed in that Eagles offense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, downundermike said:

Metcalf all day

Metcalf is listed as a sit on more than one of the regular columns I check. I am going Hines and I'm in a half ppr. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toolg said:

I feel like Singletary, Montgomery, and Hines are in the same tier at RB. I'd play Hines. He's the change of pace role, catching balls as well as he's getting an overall uptick in usage with Mack out. Then Singletary or Metcalf at Flex. If you think Metcalf busts this week, go with Singletary.

Goedert is going to unpredictably boom/bust all year. I'm not ready to make him an every week starter. Too many hands to feed in that Eagles offense.

17 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Metcalf is listed as a sit on more than one of the regular columns I check. I am going Hines and I'm in a half ppr. 

Yeah, I think I'll ultimately stick with the 3 RBs this week: Sanders, Singletary, Hines. Metcalf is really talented but it seems that he will be getting the most attention from Stephon Gilmore and could bust big time this week, especially if the Seahawks just go more run heavy on offense.

I like Singletary's matchup better against a below average Dolphins defense, even if he loses goal line carries to Zach Moss and Josh Allen, he'll get the bulk of the rushes with decent receiving production. 

1 hour ago, toolg said:

Question: Does Gilmore shadow Lockett or Metcalf? He can't cover both at the same time.

Correct. I'm actually starting Lockett in another league in the hopes that Gilmore is shadowing Metcalf predominantly (and because of desperation in the wake of Michael Thomas' high ankle sprain). 

Fortunately DJ Moore and Tyler Lockett are a decent enough combo to hold me over a few weeks until MT is back.