My team:

12 team PPR

QB - Mahomes

RB - Fournette, A. Gibson, Montgomery, Gore, M. Brown

WR - M. Thomas, K. Allen, John Brown, R. Anderson, Diontae Johnson, Ruggs

TE - Ertz

Def - Steelers

K - None atm

Thinking about trading away MT for Miles Sanders. Would MT and Gore get it done and help me out? Would allow me to pick up a kicker too. Also, should I flip a pair of mediocre players for OBJ or anyone else I can buy-low on right now?

Personally I would consider shopping Mahomes for RB help before I shop Michael Thomas. The tricky part is that many team owners will be happy with their QB situation, but if you find one that isn't, try to leverage that into getting RB help.

I'm not sure what the other team rosters are like or who is available on waivers, but I bet you can get away with streaming QBs and just pick up two guys on waivers that complement each other well based on strength of schedule.

I would try to pry Jonathan Taylor away from his owner with Mahomes if he's a QB needy team.

If the team owner of Jonathan Taylor, Miles Sanders, Austin Ekeler, or Joe Mixon has a weak spot at QB, try to come away with one of them with just Mahomes in exchange.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Personally I would consider shopping Mahomes for RB help before I shop Michael Thomas. The tricky part is that many team owners will be happy with their QB situation, but if you find one that isn't, try to leverage that into getting RB help.

I'm not sure what the other team rosters are like or who is available on waivers, but I bet you can get away with streaming QBs and just pick up two guys on waivers that complement each other well based on strength of schedule.

I would try to pry Jonathan Taylor away from his owner with Mahomes if he's a QB needy team.

If the team owner of Jonathan Taylor, Miles Sanders, Austin Ekeler, or Joe Mixon has a weak spot at QB, try to come away with one of them with just Mahomes in exchange.

He’s the only one that balled out for me week one.  My issue with that is I’m gonna have to cut players for that as well as cut an additional play for a kicker too. I was thinking of trying to find a deal that will leave me with an additional roster spot.

The guy who has Sanders has Brady. He has AJ Brown who just got hurt. Perhaps Keenan Allen + Malcolm Brown for Sanders maybe an option.

Ik the guy who has Brees really wants Mahomes. His RBs are A. Jones, Ingram, Peterson, and Lindsay though.

Another guy offered for Mahomes earlier has Ryan as his QB with Jacobs, Bell, Chubb, and Kerryon as his RBs. Has Juju, DK, Landry, and Mike Williams as WRs too.

Wondering if I can do a 3 for 2 deal that’ll open a roster spot for me or 2 for 1 with any tho I don’t see Mahomes + someone worth any of those guys.

Guy who has Taylor is an option too.

Has Watson and Mitch at QB. RBs are Taylor, CMC, Mixon, and Michel. WRs are Gallup,Robinson, Sims, and Shepard. Could be a possibility...

4 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

He’s the only one that balled out for me week one.  My issue with that is I’m gonna have to cut players for that as well as cut an additional play for a kicker too. I was thinking of trying to find a deal that will leave me with an additional roster spot.

The guy who has Sanders has Brady. He has AJ Brown who just got hurt. Perhaps Keenan Allen + Malcolm Brown for Sanders maybe an option.

Ik the guy who has Brees really wants Mahomes. His RBs are A. Jones, Ingram, Peterson, and Lindsay though.

Another guy offered for Mahomes earlier has Ryan as his QB with Jacobs, Bell, Chubb, and Kerryon as his RBs. Has Juju, DK, Landry, and Mike Williams as WRs too.

Wondering if I can do a 3 for 2 deal that’ll open a roster spot for me or 2 for 1 with any tho I don’t see Mahomes + someone worth any of those guys.

In the case of both of those teams, I agree with you that unless you can convince them to trade their RB1s (Aaron Jones, Josh Jacobs) in exchange for Mahomes and one of your many RBs, it's not worth moving him.

14 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

In the case of both of those teams, I agree with you that unless you can convince them to trade their RB1s (Aaron Jones, Josh Jacobs) in exchange for Mahomes and one of your many RBs, it's not worth moving him.

Might just have to hold on to the team and hope for a dub and see if any update about MT comes up. I want Sanders but idk if it’s worth giving up MT.

21 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Might just have to hold on to the team and hope for a dub and see if any update about MT comes up. I want Sanders but idk if it’s worth giving up MT.

Try offering Mahomes for Sanders straight up.

If you aren't taking a QB back in a trade, who are your free agent options on waivers? There's a good chance you can still find a decent startable option out there.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Try offering Mahomes for Sanders straight up.

If you aren't taking a QB back in a trade, who are your free agent options on waivers? There's a good chance you can still find a decent startable option out there.

Good idea, hate to do it but might be the only option. Will try to offer and then pick up Cam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jenkins27 said:

Good idea, hate to do it but might be the only option. Will try to offer and then pick up Cam.

Cam Newton is still a free agent in your league?! He was drafted in all three of my 10 team PPR leagues, and you are in a 12 team league where he went undrafted.

Drop Frank Gore and John Brown right now and pick up Cam Newton before someone else wises up and makes him their QB2, as well as a kicker.

I don't think Gore provides much fantasy value in PPR even with the "starting position" on the Jets. Future Hall of Famer for sure, but not someone who you want to start in Fantasy Football.

I know 4 RBs is light right now between Fournette, Gibson, Montgomery, and M. Brown, but you're trying to trade for someone like Miles Sanders who would be your RB1 anyways.

The guy with Matt Ryan at QB and both Josh Jacobs and Nick Chubb seems like a good backup target as he might be more willing to part with a RB since he has two solid starters. Take a look at the list in the link below, I think their valuations are reasonable and wouldn't trade for a RB ranked below Chubb in their list in a Mahomes trade.

They actually value both Chubb and Mahomes the same in PPR 1 QB leagues in terms of trade value. Sanders is valued a bit more, but not by a lot so give it a shot first before Chubb. Mahomes for Chubb is still a solid deal and gives you the much needed upgrade at RB1

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2020-fantasy-football-week-2-trade-values-chart-and-rest-of-season-rankings/

Your roster could look like this when MT comes back: 

QB Cam Newton

RB Nick Chubb, David Montgomery, Antonio Gibson, Leonard Fournette, Malcolm Brown

WR Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Diontae Johnson, Henry Ruggs, Robby Anderson

TE Zach Ertz

D/ST Steelers

K Some guy

15 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Cam Newton is still a free agent in your league?! He was drafted in all three of my 10 team PPR leagues, and you are in a 12 team league where he went undrafted.

Drop Frank Gore and John Brown right now and pick up Cam Newton before someone else wises up and makes him their QB2, as well as a kicker.

I don't think Gore provides much fantasy value in PPR even with the "starting position" on the Jets. Future Hall of Famer for sure, but not someone who you want to start in Fantasy Football.

I know 4 RBs is light right now between Fournette, Gibson, Montgomery, and M. Brown, but you're trying to trade for someone like Miles Sanders who would be your RB1 anyways.

The guy with Matt Ryan at QB and both Josh Jacobs and Nick Chubb seems like a good backup target as he might be more willing to part with a RB since he has two solid starters. Take a look at the list in the link below, I think their valuations are reasonable and wouldn't trade for a RB ranked below Chubb in their list in a Mahomes trade.

They actually value both Chubb and Mahomes the same in PPR 1 QB leagues in terms of trade value. Sanders is valued a bit more, but not by a lot so give it a shot first before Chubb. Mahomes for Chubb is still a solid deal and gives you the much needed upgrade at RB1

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2020-fantasy-football-week-2-trade-values-chart-and-rest-of-season-rankings/

Your roster could look like this when MT comes back: 

QB Cam Newton

RB Nick Chubb, David Montgomery, Antonio Gibson, Leonard Fournette, Malcolm Brown

WR Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Diontae Johnson, Henry Ruggs, Robby Anderson

TE Zach Ertz

D/ST Steelers

K Some guy

Grabbed Cam. Both Sanders and Jacobs owners said no. Guy who has Aaron Jones is considering it, though I'm unsure about Jones. Scared of him losing carries to the other backs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jenkins27 said:

Grabbed Cam. Both Sanders and Jacobs owners said no. Guy who has Aaron Jones is considering it, though I'm unsure about Jones. Scared of him losing carries to the other backs.

I definitely understand your concern with Jones but I don't foresee AJ Dillon/Jamaal Williams having that big of an effect on his value.

Jones will naturally experience some negative regression in the TD department because of simply how many he scored last year even if they didn't bring in Dillon, but he is definitely the Packers RB1 and will get his carries.

Also, did you try for Nick Chubb instead of Josh Jacobs? If Jones doesn't work out, I'd do Mahomes for Chubb straight up.

3 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I definitely understand your concern with Jones but I don't foresee AJ Dillon/Jamaal Williams having that big of an effect on his value.

Jones will naturally experience some negative regression in the TD department because of simply how many he scored last year even if they didn't bring in Dillon, but he is definitely the Packers RB1 and will get his carries.

Also, did you try for Nick Chubb instead of Josh Jacobs? If Jones doesn't work out, I'd do Mahomes for Chubb straight up.

Ending up waiting a week. Hoping for some news on MT and a dub. Looking at Montgomery and either Malcolm Brown or Antonio Gibson at RB. I would choose Brown but our run def is always great so idk yet. Sad that Fournette ain't even in the convo lol.

2 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Ending up waiting a week. Hoping for some news on MT and a dub. Looking at Montgomery and either Malcolm Brown or Antonio Gibson at RB. I would choose Brown but our run def is always great so idk yet. Sad that Fournette ain't even in the convo lol.

I got burned drafting Fournette the day before he got released by the Jags in Round 4. One of the downsides of having a fantasy draft early 😄

I drafted Miles Sanders in Round 2 and am hoping that Fournette can get that RB1 spot sooner rather than later so I'm not relying on matchups between Devin Singletary/David Montgomery/Nyheim Hines at RB2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I got burned drafting Fournette the day before he got released by the Jags in Round 4. One of the downsides of having a fantasy draft early 😄

I drafted Miles Sanders in Round 2 and am hoping that Fournette can get that RB1 spot sooner rather than later so I'm not relying on matchups between Devin Singletary/David Montgomery/Nyheim Hines at RB2

I also drafted Fournette a day before he was cut! Worst part is Sanders went one pick before me. Right now I'm unsure if Fournette will be a RB1 this season. Hopefully Montgomery takes a step up.

2 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

I also drafted Fournette a day before he was cut! Worst part is Sanders went one pick before me. Right now I'm unsure if Fournette will be a RB1 this season. Hopefully Montgomery takes a step up.

Yeah, it's tough and in your case you were playing in a 12 team PPR, so the player pool thins out a bit faster and there's a longer wait between picks compared to a 10 team league.

I had Montgomery last year and he was at least solid if unspectacular as a low end RB2; maybe he does better this year?

57 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Yeah, it's tough and in your case you were playing in a 12 team PPR, so the player pool thins out a bit faster and there's a longer wait between picks compared to a 10 team league.

I had Montgomery last year and he was at least solid if unspectacular as a low end RB2; maybe he does better this year?

I also had Montgomery last year. I picked him only because the other options were worse 😔. I think he could be good tho, I just hope Mitch doesn’t screw him.