Big injury news

toolg

First two picks in most fantasy drafts: One is out for several weeks, the other out for the season.

If you got them, what are you going to do? Look to backups? Ride it out with other players on your bench?

Mike Davis looked considerable after CMC left the game. He made a bunch of catches. They're at least going to try to make him look like CMC. The volume alone could get you through.

I didn't even bother to handcuff Davis; CMC dominates touches and never missed a game before next week. Hopefully I can get him, or else I'm starting either Antonio Gibson or somebody on the Rams: Akers/Brown.

Devonta Freeman is visiting the Giants.

Other big players Out this early in the season: Michael Thomas, Miles Sanders (he's back), Kittle, Golladay, Courtland Sutton, AJ Brown, Mostert, Le'Veon Bell....Davante Adams could miss a game or two too.

freeman did sign with the giants...in case anyone cares. 

i don't expect much...he looked cooked last year & now he's on a turrible offense that saquon wasn't even productive behind in weeks 1 & 2. 

5 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

freeman did sign with the giants...in case anyone cares. 

i don't expect much...he looked cooked last year & now he's on a turrible offense that saquon wasn't even productive behind in weeks 1 & 2. 

Might be a good week to let everyone else blow their faab dollars.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DBW said:

Might be a good week to let everyone else blow their faab dollars.  

I'm prioritizing Mike Davis and Darrell Henderson from the Rams above Freeman in my waiver claims.

I actually don't have Barkley or CMC in any of my leagues, just trying to add depth at RB! 😄

However, I did have to pull off an upset win this week in one league with Chris Godwin, AJ Brown, and George Kittle on the bench due to injury.

Passing on Alvin Kamara to select Michael Thomas at #5 in a different 10 team PPR league might come back to haunt me, as I just went 0-2 this week after losing to the Kamara owner. So much for the "safe pick" 😂

59 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

I'm prioritizing Mike Davis and Darrell Henderson from the Rams above Freeman in my waiver claims.

I actually don't have Barkley or CMC in any of my leagues, just trying to add depth at RB! 😄

However, I did have to pull off an upset win this week in one league with Chris Godwin, AJ Brown, and George Kittle on the bench due to injury.

Passing on Alvin Kamara to select Michael Thomas at #5 in a different 10 team PPR league might come back to haunt me, as I just went 0-2 this week after losing to the Kamara owner. So much for the "safe pick" 😂

I drafted Henderson and cut him to get some wr help with Galloway out.  Guess i should have hung into him.  I also have AP and Kerryon so as soon as one of those emerges I can cut the other or trade one.  I’ll put a legit claim in for mike davis and maybe henderson.  I’ll probably low ball freeman and see if I get lucky.  Also looking at Pittman for more wr help though.  

i have mccaffrey & drafted mike davis late...so i'm covered there.  i still put in a claim for henderson for some rb depth but didn't get him. 

picked up lindsay since he was sitting out there as a fa....and someone dropped mattison last night. who's the better lottery ticket....lindsay or mattison? 

Some dude in my league spent $46 on davis and $43 on henderson.  😂 

I did get freeman for a lot less than that to swap with gore who I picked up last week.  

27 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

who's the better lottery ticket....lindsay or mattison? 

Lindsay has a turf toe issue, he could be out several weeks. Even when/if he comes back, what is his value with Gordon still there? Mattison is instantly startable if Cook suffers injury. So I guess Mattison, but he could wind up useless as long as Cook stays healthy.

1 minute ago, toolg said:

Lindsay has a turf toe issue, he could be out several weeks. Even when/if he comes back, what is his value with Gordon still there? Mattison is instantly startable if Cook suffers injury. So I guess Mattison, but he could wind up useless as long as Cook stays healthy.

thanks. i agree that they're both pretty much useless unless the starters ahead of them get hurt.  i'm trying to remember if cook missed any games last season.  it's hard to tell looking at mattison's game logs..most carries he had in a game was 14. 

found the info...cook missed 2-3 games at the end of last season...but mattison was also out for those game, so.......biggest pro-mattison argument seems to be that other backups (mckinnon, l.murray, m.boone?) have done well in games where cook was out injured.

idk...i might hang onto lindsay for now. it's just a guess whether gordon or cook will get injured. :whistle: 

11 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

idk...i might hang onto lindsay for now. it's just a guess whether gordon or cook will get injured. :whistle: 

Yeah. I understand that. It's a gamble either way.

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

i have mccaffrey & drafted mike davis late...so i'm covered there.  i still put in a claim for henderson for some rb depth but didn't get him. 

picked up lindsay since he was sitting out there as a fa....and someone dropped mattison last night. who's the better lottery ticket....lindsay or mattison? 

I don’t know if anyone on Denver is worth owning and starting.  I would guess lindsay has more probability of getting some work in the near term.  Mattison is only an insurance policy Long term but in the event of an injury to cook I would like him over lindsay.  But you could have either guy and never start him.  

• Thanks 1

mattison made it through waivers so i flipped lindsay for him w/o having to use my waiver spot.  i figured a healthy & actually playing lottery ticket is better than one that's injured. 

16 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

over who? 

So that's yes, maybe.

If Julio Jones is out, I need a flex: Slayton or Antonio Gibson. If Julio plays, I got Jones, Thielen, Amari Cooper, and McLaurin (3 WRs + Flex). So I think I punt tonight, wait it out until Julio's status is clear on Sunday.

16 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah...i'd punt. you'll find a better option than a jags wr. 

Minshew is ballin' out. He's #10 QB in my league rankings. Cole is currently WR #16, Shenault is WR #34, and that is while Chark was playing (WR#35). Looks like they could score points against the Dolphins tonight. But Thursdays are crazy, who knows?

9 hours ago, toolg said:

Minshew is ballin' out. He's #10 QB in my league rankings. Cole is currently WR #16, Shenault is WR #34, and that is while Chark was playing (WR#35). Looks like they could score points against the Dolphins tonight. But Thursdays are crazy, who knows?

And the stats say they did not.

Minshew lost to Ryan "Connor Mcgregor" Fitzpatrick.

James Robinson scored well for the Jags.

7 hours ago, NVeagle said:

And the stats say they did not.

Minshew lost to Ryan "Connor Mcgregor" Fitzpatrick.

James Robinson scored well for the Jags.

Good thing I didn't dust off one of the Jags scrubs. I suppose Jags were due for regression. Minshew looked lost with Chark. My opponent this week played Robinson. Those 2 TDs will hurt.