week 3 flex

Gannan

I have a ton of Wide Receivers. So I need to pick 2, or 3 if I'm going to flex a WR. My best non WR flex option is McKinnon.

Julio Jones (hurt and tough match up)

ODB

Stefon Diggs (tough match up)

Keenan Allen (I don't know what ot make of this guy. Might be better with the kid in at QB)

Robert Woods

Kenny Galladay (if he plays)

Allen and Golladay

allen has gotten plenty of targets so that will pay off soon.  Kenny g is a must start when healthy 

Diggs still a must start as well 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DBW said:

Allen and Golladay

allen has gotten plenty of targets so that will pay off soon.  Kenny g is a must start when healthy 

Interesting, so you would bench Julio for this week even if he's not ruled out for the matchup against the Bears?

I'm curious because I have him in a league.

If Julio is out, then I'll end up bumping up DK Metcalf from Flex to one of my WR spots opposite Amari Cooper.

Who should I start at Flex in that scenario? (10 team PPR, starting Sanders and Fournette at RB)

David Montgomery vs ATL

Devin Singletary vs LAR

Darrell Henderson vs BUF

Devontae Freeman vs SF

DeVante Parker vs JAX

Robby Anderson vs LAC

Dallas Goedert vs CIN

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Interesting, so you would bench Julio for this week even if he's not ruled out for the matchup against the Bears?

If Julio is out, then I'll end up bumping up DK Metcalf from Flex to one of my WR spots opposite Amari Cooper.

Who should I start at Flex in that scenario? (10 team PPR, starting Sanders and Fournette at RB)

David Montgomery vs ATL

Devin Singletary vs LAR

Darrell Henderson vs BUF

Devontae Freeman vs SF

DeVante Parker vs JAX

Robby Anderson vs LAC

Dallas Goedert vs CIN

Yeah it’s clear that Julio is more injured than thought or than he’s showing.  He hasn’t done a whole lot even when Matt Ryan throws for 400 yds and multiple tds.  
I’d probably go Henderson or Anderson with the flex.  

• Like 1

If Julio is really hurt, I think he sits this one out this week. If he plays, you play him. His status on Sunday will make it clear to you.
I also really like Golladay when he's back. The Lions have no good reason to bring him back less than 100%. So if he plays, you play him.
Then I'd go Diggs, just a feeling. Then ODB-Allen if you need to swap out Julio/Golladay.

So overall this week I got it as Jones-Golladay-Diggs-ODB-Allen-Woods in that order. There's a chance Jones and Golladay could make this plan bust if they enter the game and leave early, but I feel like you play your stars when they're playing.

Either way, go 3 WRs. I don't like McKinnon or any 49ers this week for that matter. They're playing really short-handed. They played in the same stadium last week against the Jets and had complaints about the turf. They may just play this safe. 49ers could be a big bust this week - in Fantasy, in Survivor Pools, etc.

3 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

David Montgomery vs ATL

Devin Singletary vs LAR

Darrell Henderson vs BUF

Devontae Freeman vs SF

DeVante Parker vs JAX

Robby Anderson vs LAC

Dallas Goedert vs CIN

I'd go Montgomery. Falcons are giving up gobs of points, good chance Montgomery gets a TD. I like Parker too but his injury status has me shading him a bit, playing Thursday night, short week. I'd leave him on the bench.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

David Montgomery vs ATL

Devin Singletary vs LAR

Darrell Henderson vs BUF

Devontae Freeman vs SF

DeVante Parker vs JAX

Robby Anderson vs LAC

Dallas Goedert vs CIN

Julio killed me last week. He isn't practicing. He faces a tough defense. He gives me the bad feelings

22 hours ago, DBW said:

Allen and Golladay

Diggs is facing Jalen Ramsey though. 

14 hours ago, NVeagle said:

Zach Moss missed 2 practices so Singletary could get increased touches.

Moss has been ruled out for Sunday's game with a toe injury, so it's gonna be Devin Singletary as the lead back for this week. 

Julio Jones is now a gametime decision for Sunday. If he's ruled out, would Singletary now be a better flex option that David Montgomery?

I left DeVante Parker on the bench, since I wasn't sure how he was gonna fare in the Thursday night game. He actually did decent, so it wouldn't have been terrible had I started him, but now I have a potential decision to make at FLEX if Jones is indeed ruled out.

I could go double TE with Higbee and Goedert, but feel that a 3rd RB might be the better play in terms of getting more touches and opportunities to score points.

10 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Moss has been ruled out for Sunday's game with a toe injury, so it's gonna be Devin Singletary as the lead back for this week.

would Singletary now be a better flex option that David Montgomery?

It's close. I still say Montgomery. I really like the matchup. Don't forget Josh Allen takes a bunch of carries in the Bills backfield.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toolg said:

It's close. I still say Montgomery. I really like the matchup. Don't forget Josh Allen takes a bunch of carries in the Bills backfield.

Between Leonard Fournette, David Montgomery, and Devin Singletary, which two of the three would you start?

Fournette had a big game last week, but technically isn't the RB1 per Bruce Arians. It should only be a matter of time before he does though, if he keeps playing like this. However, there is a risk that Ronald Jones is given a significant bulk of the carries until Arians realizes that he has a better option in Fournette. Fournette is more talented, but Montgomery and Singletary go into their matchups as the de-facto starters. Montgomery loses some receptions to Tarik Cohen, but still gets the bulk of the carries. Singletary only has to worry about Josh Allen vulturing away goal line carries now, with Moss out.

Thoughts?

22 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Between Leonard Fournette, David Montgomery, and Devin Singletary, which two of the three would you start?

Montgomery/Singletary this week. 
Fournette had a really nice game last week.  I’m not buying he will be able to do that every week. Against a good Denver D, I have second thoughts. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, toolg said:

Montgomery/Singletary this week. 
Fournette had a really nice game last week.  I’m not buying he will be able to do that every week. Against a good Denver D, I have second thoughts. 

That's a reasonable point, and the game is at Denver as well, to add to the layer of difficulty in terms of matchup. Montgomery is locked into the starting role for the Bears, as Cohen has been faded in that offense and seems to be the "safer" option for this week.

I guess I'll keep Fournette on the bench for another week and see how he fares before considering plugging him in as my RB2 next to Sanders long-term. If he manages to have a good game against a good Broncos D and gets the bulk of the carries, it's probably safe to put him back in that RB2 tier.

Singletary worth another flex play this week or should I go with Mike Davis in that spot?

23 hours ago, Gannan said:

Singletary worth another flex play this week or should I go with Mike Davis in that spot?

That's a close one. I think they're both good to play this week. I favor Davis: he's doing everything for the Panthers, while Singletary is ceding TDs to Josh Allen. But pick 'em.

On 10/2/2020 at 1:17 PM, toolg said:

That's a close one. I think they're both good to play this week. I favor Davis: he's doing everything for the Panthers, while Singletary is ceding TDs to Josh Allen. But pick 'em.

I went with Davis, but glad I have them both because Eckler is one of my regular starters. Looks like I’m gonna be without him for a while.