injuries

wyote

Dave, I need your advice. 

I making myself a sandwich, slicing up some of that pepper jack cheese, and what do you know but I cut my thumb a bit. 

The Eagles medical staff says I'm out for 8 weeks with an opposed digital laceration, but it won't require surgery. 

Which is fine, I guess, but now no one's slicing my cheese, Dave. I'm eating bread sandwiches here. 

What am I going to do? 

• Haha 1

• Members
7 hours ago, wyote said:

Dave, I need your advice. 

I making myself a sandwich, slicing up some of that pepper jack cheese, and what do you know but I cut my thumb a bit. 

The Eagles medical staff says I'm out for 8 weeks with an opposed digital laceration, but it won't require surgery. 

Which is fine, I guess, but now no one's slicing my cheese, Dave. I'm eating bread sandwiches here. 

What am I going to do? 

While I am shocked that you saw the Eagles medical team because it was such a minor injury and you are not a member of the organization, the fact that they did see you speaks to the community outreach commitment of our Philadelphia Eagles.

Being that said, look, I know its frustrating.  You probably feel like you can get back in the kitchen to make sandwiches in 6 maybe even 7 weeks.  But our staff has a simple philosophy:  Look at the big picture.  Long term health above all else.  The last thing they want you to do is get out there too early and reinjure you cheese holding finger because it was not ready to hold delicious pepper jack cheese yet.  They want it to be healed so you can make an entire party tray of hoagies.  

This is why Lane and Miles were out week one against Washington.  They probably could have played and maybe made a difference.  But its a long season with Super Bowl aspirations.  It's better to make sure they are 100% and ready to go for the long haul than 90% and potentially reinjure themselves and miss an extended period of time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, greend said:

Habanero, Ghost Pepper cheese is where it's at in today's world

Haven’t had that yet but sounds amazing. 

30 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Haven’t had that yet but sounds amazing. 

Your arse will thank you in the morning. 

Dave the Eagles have gone through medical staff and personell, like 76ers go through head coaches. 

Our O Line is a mess. Are you afaid for Wentz's health to finish the season? 

Hey Dave, does the Eagles PR department make you wax that noggin of yours or is it a personal choice?

Asking for a friend...B-)

• Members
On 9/25/2020 at 4:28 PM, jsdarkstar said:

Dave the Eagles have gone through medical staff and personell, like 76ers go through head coaches. 

Our O Line is a mess. Are you afaid for Wentz's health to finish the season? 

The O-line had a very rough week 1 outing for sure.  They had to make some adjustments at the zero hour and went against a very good front 7 in Washington.  

But week two with Lane back, they played much, much better.  Barring injuries there is little reason to lose faith in the line, even without Dillard and Brooks.

• Like 1

The O Line didn't have a good game in week 3. Now Jason Peters is injured. It just doesn't stop. I sat through 4-12, I can watch this too. 

• Members
3 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

The O Line didn't have a good game in week 3. Now Jason Peters is injured. It just doesn't stop. I sat through 4-12, I can watch this too. 

When a cornerstone, hall of fame piece of your line goes down, OF COURSE the line will not have an optimal performance.  

Right now I believe he will be back next week and provide much needed continuity to the line.  

• 4 weeks later...

I have never seen an the entire offensive starting line up, except Wentz and Kelce, be injured in the same season. It's incredble they were able to make a game of it against the Ravens.

The backups to the backups worked their butts off but couldn't get it done. Here's hoping we can beat the Giants.