just got the call.....

Steve 17

3 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

Just got the word I got my job back..... the real one. The one that pays my bills.....lol.

Gonna be working a little differently than I was so @Road to Victory …. you were stepping up... it's all yours.

Congratulations buddy. 

• Like 1

Great news !  Now lets hope everyone else can get back to work before China buys America. 🤥

glad to hear it. can't wait until the gates open back up. It would be great to eat at a restaurant again :lol: 

12 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

Just got the word I got my job back..... the real one. The one that pays my bills.....lol.

40 minutes ago, JohnB said:

It would be great to eat at a restaurant again :lol: 

Yeah, right ! Our fave place was a small, Turkish family place on Rt 37 in Toms River called

"The Band Wagon." No glitz or anything . . . just great food at great prices ! I loved their omlettes

but my fave dish was: Prime Rib au jus, baked tater, veggie, salad & desert for a whopping $18.99 !

And it was a nice sized piece of meat. I hope to God he re-opens when the time comes. I really miss that ! 

• Like 2

Oh that call!  I thought Howie was on the line telling you they'll be picking you at 21!  ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Oh that call!  I thought Howie was on the line telling you they'll be picking you at 21!  ^_^

And then I would offering everyone some "fine h2o"

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, McNabbIsDone said:

Yeah, right ! Our fave place was a small, Turkish family place on Rt 37 in Toms River called

"The Band Wagon." No glitz or anything . . . just great food at great prices ! I loved their omlettes

but my fave dish was: Prime Rib au jus, baked tater, veggie, salad & desert for a whopping $18.99 !

And it was a nice sized piece of meat. I hope to God he re-opens when the time comes. I really miss that ! 

Wow. You're bringing back memories. I've never been to that place, but I used to work at a Pizza joint directly across from the Toms River Diner on Route 37 in the early 90's. Maybe like '92-'93? I don't even remember the name of it. lol. 

On 4/22/2020 at 10:34 AM, Steve 17 said:

Gonna be working a little differently than I was so @Road to Victory …. you were stepping up... it's all yours.

Good for you, man.       It's well past time we started kicking this thing's a$$.

16 hours ago, JohnB said:

glad to hear it. can't wait until the gates open back up. It would be great to eat at a restaurant again :lol: 

And not wear an asinine mask anyplace you go.

16 hours ago, McNabbIsDone said:

Wow, I'm just south of you and have never been there.

8 hours ago, JohnB said:

Wow. You're bringing back memories. I've never been to that place, but I used to work at a Pizza joint directly across from the Toms River Diner on Route 37 in the early 90's. Maybe like '92-'93? I don't even remember the name of it. lol. 

Today it's called 'Pizza & Panini' . . . don't know what it was back then.

We knew the owners of the TR Diner . . . one of their sons played soccer with our eldest son.

We used to goto the mall a little further east on that side to Bob Kislins for sporting goods.

And there used to be a small movie theatre in there as well. That was where I took the kids

to see "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" back around the same time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjkvol said:

Wow, I'm just south of you and have never been there.

Highly recommended. The sign on the outside says, "Mr. Breakfast" on one side and "The Bandwagon" on the other.

I just noticed that they're open for take-out so they'll be back open at some point. It's east-bound just past the WAWA at Garfield.

2 hours ago, McNabbIsDone said:

Highly recommended. The sign on the outside says, "Mr. Breakfast" on one side and "The Bandwagon" on the other.

I just noticed that they're open for take-out so they'll be back open at some point. It's east-bound just past the WAWA at Garfield.

Mr. Breakfast!    Okay, I know exactly where it is, been by there a million times.

4 hours ago, McNabbIsDone said:

Today it's called 'Pizza & Panini' . . . don't know what it was back then.

We knew the owners of the TR Diner . . . one of their sons played soccer with our eldest son.

We used to goto the mall a little further east on that side to Bob Kislins for sporting goods.

And there used to be a small movie theatre in there as well. That was where I took the kids

to see "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" back around the same time.

Nice. I moved to California in 1996 so I'm sure a lot has changed, at least as far the coming and going of businesses. 

14 hours ago, JohnB said:

Nice. I moved to California in 1996 so I'm sure a lot has changed 

Toms River is still the best kept secret in NJ as far as property tax rates. We bought our 5 BR 2 bath bi-level in 1999.

Taxes were $2800 then. 21 years later and the taxes just got over $4000 2 years ago. Good, conservative leadership 

is the key.

• Like 1