PC Builds and Gaming

Captain F

Where are the PC guys at?  Im looking into building another machine and the timing can't be worse. Nvidia released the 30 series a few weeks ago but much like the PS5 and Xbox, they are impossible to get a hold of.  Rumor is that only 2,000 units were produced.  Then on top of that,  AMD is releasing their next gen processor's soon.  

So, if you were in the market to build, what would you do?  Hold out for a 3070/80/90 , or just go with something else?  Go with a Intel chip or wait to see what AMD releases and see if they are better, and/or makes Intel drop prices? 

17 minutes ago, rambo said:

yes.

Perfect.  I'll go with that. 

On 10/3/2020 at 9:44 PM, What The F said:

Where are the PC guys at?  Im looking into building another machine and the timing can't be worse. Nvidia released the 30 series a few weeks ago but much like the PS5 and Xbox, they are impossible to get a hold of.  Rumor is that only 2,000 units were produced.  Then on top of that,  AMD is releasing their next gen processor's soon.  

So, if you were in the market to build, what would you do?  Hold out for a 3070/80/90 , or just go with something else?  Go with a Intel chip or wait to see what AMD releases and see if they are better, and/or makes Intel drop prices? 

I'd look for some amazing fact-checked posts on Facebook. 

8 hours ago, mayanh8 said:

I finally pulled the trigger on an ultrawide monitor.

it's... pretty great.

I was torn between a 4k hdr lg and a curved ultra wide 1440 sammy. Went with the lg, seemed to fit the profile of my desk better.

1 minute ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I was torn between a 4k hdr lg and a curved ultra wide 1440 sammy. Went with the lg, seemed to fit the profile of my desk better.

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/49--odyssey-g9-gaming-monitor-lc49g95tssnxza/

My dream monitor^^^ 1000R curvature. It basically wraps around you like a blanket.

9 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Stalking me around the boards to make d head comments?  

4 minutes ago, What The F said:

Stalking me around the boards to make d head comments?  

Yeah this is my first time in the gamers section. Good call.