Sidney Jones ...

wyote

Guess who had a good game for not the Eagles? 

If he goes on to have a decent career, I am going to murder TATE on the theory that the Eagles decision makers felt pushed by the fans to cut him loose. Of all the fan bases to listen to, ours must be the worst. We would be down to our 14th-string quarterback and our 77th defensive coordinator this season by now if the fans had their way. 

8 minutes ago, wyote said:

Guess who had a good game for not the Eagles? 

If he goes on to have a decent career, I am going to murder TATE on the theory that the Eagles decision makers felt pushed by the fans to cut him loose. Of all the fan bases to listen to, ours must be the worst. We would be down to our 14th-string quarterback and our 77th defensive coordinator this season by now if the fans had their way. 

I mean you can't put any of that on TATE. 

And also... What other conclusion could we come to as fans? Based on what we continually saw on the field. Based on what we heard about during TC. Cutting him was absolutely the right decision with Jones. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean you can't put any of that on TATE. 

And also... What other conclusion could we come to as fans? Based on what we continually saw on the field. Based on what we heard about during TC. Cutting him was absolutely the right decision with Jones. 

Don't underestimate what I can put on TATE (or Eagles fans more broadly). I'm on the record saying the Eagles would've won a Super Bowl with Reid if the fans hadn't undercut the team so often. 

I saw a decent athlete when he was on the field. He made some plays. If he stays healthy, he can't be worse than whoever our current 5th corner is. 

But no matter. Ultimately the problem is that the FO seems to be listening to the fans rather than vice-versa. 

I don't think that the front office listens to the fans. There are plenty of players (and coaches) who would or wouldn't be here if they did.

• Like 1

Like I've been saying there is no way all these secondary players are this freaking bad. Coaching and scheme is the problem. Rasul Douglas is playing excellent as well. Slay who has been playing really well has some trouble when they started making him also play off the damn reciever so far back. 

• Like 2

This scheme was never a fit for Sidney Jones, nor was it a fit for Rasul. Not shocked they’re playing better football in better schemes for their style. 

Texans are a mess. I'd wait until he plays someone decent

Good for him though. He clearly needed a change of scenery or just get away from Schwartz and the rotating DB coaches

10 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Texans are a mess. I'd wait until he plays someone decent

Good for him though. He clearly needed a change of scenery or just get away from Schwartz and the rotating DB coaches

We only changed the secondary coach once in the last 7 years. Still the same problems with the secondary. I'd put it on scheme at this point

46 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

We only changed the secondary coach once in the last 7 years. Still the same problems with the secondary. I'd put it on scheme at this point

I mean I think it is perhaps a little early to make that determination though. The new DB coach has had one off season and that was barely an off season. Plus what's he got to work with? Slay is a proven veteran. Maddox has missed the last couple of games and is played out of position. Parks has been on IR and hasn't played yet. Mills is learning a new position and then has had to step in for Maddox due to injury. So he's not exactly working with a lot. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean I think it is perhaps a little early to make that determination though. The new DB coach has had one off season and that was barely an off season. Plus what's he got to work with? Slay is a proven veteran. Maddox has missed the last couple of games and is played out of position. Parks has been on IR and hasn't played yet. Mills is learning a new position and then has had to step in for Maddox due to injury. So he's not exactly working with a lot. 

Very true. I'm just over that side of the ball lol

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I thought we did it 2-3 times? WR has been changed a bunch. I think Dline has been changed 1 time

57 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought we did it 2-3 times? WR has been changed a bunch. I think Dline has been changed 1 time

Yes definitely wide receiver. We had Corey Undlin from 2013 up until this season in the secondary. 

I don't care.  I'm still glad we moved on.  Sidney never could stay on the field.  Guys that are always hurt need to be shown the door.  Sure he had a good game for the Jags, but watch him be out the next 6 weeks because he pulled something.  

1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I don't care.  I'm still glad we moved on.  Sidney never could stay on the field.  Guys that are always hurt need to be shown the door.  Sure he had a good game for the Jags, but watch him be out the next 6 weeks because he pulled something.  

I agree I do actually still think the decision to cut him was the right one. He couldn't stay healthy and when he was on the field he really struggled. Now maybe that was down to the scheme or in part due to the scheme... But Schwartz is still here so I think Jones would still be struggling now in Philly. 

Sidney flashes enough talent to bounce around the league a while, but I really doubt he will ever truly put it together.

On 10/12/2020 at 3:15 PM, wyote said:

Don't underestimate what I can put on TATE (or Eagles fans more broadly). I'm on the record saying the Eagles would've won a Super Bowl with Reid if the fans hadn't undercut the team so often. 

I saw a decent athlete when he was on the field. He made some plays. If he stays healthy, he can't be worse than whoever our current 5th corner is. 

But no matter. Ultimately the problem is that the FO seems to be listening to the fans rather than vice-versa. 

Leslie Nielsen - Imgflip

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 1:03 PM, wyote said:

Of all the fan bases to listen to, ours must be the worst. 

I think it's the same thing everywhere.

I worked with a Packer's fan and he would really blast Mike McCarthy as well as Paul Holmgren, he said both were as dumb as doorknobs.

So it's par for the course, you win you get praised, you lose you get pissed on.

On 10/12/2020 at 3:15 PM, wyote said:

I saw a guy who spent his entire tenure with the team getting smoked or injured. Sometimes he would even do both on the same play. He was dreadful. 

On 11/13/2020 at 6:35 PM, Kz! said:

I saw a guy who spent his entire tenure with the team getting smoked or injured. Sometimes he would even do both on the same play. He was dreadful. 

No doubt. He had a couple of decent games and at the end of last year a couple of big plays but that was it. I think the team made the right decision to move on from him as he wasn't going to succeed here under Schwartz.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 4:49 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

as he wasn't going to succeed here under Schwartz.

This may be the crux of the matter. We'll see how he does the rest of the season.