Strength on Strength who will assert themselves?

seengreen

Seeing as though this is an obvious game where it will be about the trenches and who can assert themselves more. Do you think the Eagles Dline has it in them to limit/stop the Ravens bread-n-butter of run based, play action QB read option offense? Will Fletcher Cox show up, other than for a play or 2? I think the line has been ok so far. They seemingly start off good and then the 2nd half are nowhere to be found. With all the money invested, I think the main 4 of Cox, Jackson, Hargrave, Ridgeway are going to need to have impact in the trenches to give them the best opportunity to win. The Ends have to be disciplined with their eyes as well as containment in their rush lanes. Obviously the entire defense will also need to tackle, tackle well and tackle together. Not the lackadaisical shoulder hits.  

Mills will bite on play action double move by wr and Jackson will hit him for a td about 3 times. 

• Like 1

Asking this undisciplined line to play a disciplined game of rush containment isn’t a realistic task. I wonder if Schwartz will even spy this game.

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

Mills will bite on play action double move by wr and Jackson will hit him for a td about 3 times. 

If that fake outside double move hasn't shown the coaches Mills is trash, nothing will. That was the worst thing I have ever seen from a CB.

• Like 2

Other than the DTs needing to earn their money tomorrow the DEs do as well.  Absolutely must contain the edges ... can't let Jackson run wild on them.  Keep him in the pocket and force him to beat us through the air (not saying he is a terrible passer, but those QB runs are back breakers and morale killers).  If they can keep him from running wild on us I think we keep it fairly close, and then anything goes.  

Honestly the state of our secondary, Baltimore will take us apart by tempting the D Line to over commit and then just quick slant and screen us to death.

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Honestly the state of our secondary, Baltimore will take us apart by tempting the D Line to over commit and then just quick slant and screen us to death.

That's definitely my concern... Barnett tends to over commit and I think they'll wait for that and pounce.