Racing games help

Agent23

Need help with info on racing games. My coworker/boss used to race cars and has built his own cars from scratch. Talking assembled every single piece of the vehicle, running all the wiring, taking it to a dump/salvage yard to weigh it in order to go to dmv to get registration (and probably a VIN??) created. 

Texted me yesterday about PlayStation or Xbox because he wants to get into racing games. I generically said PS4 because it’s the master race versus Xbox one... but that’s overall gaming and definitely exclusives. No clue how the two consoles stack up when it comes to racing titles. I just no forza is on one and gran turismo on the other (probably all others are multi-platform?). 

also... not sure how Xbox live gold works as far as having access to free games or if includes their service to play digital library? I have an Xbox one s with an unopened second controller and an unused 12 month Xbox love gold card. Would be easier for me to get rid of this by selling to him at discount versus selling him my PS4 pro. If there are legit reasons why Xbox would be better for racing (as in exclusive game is better for someone of his background, and/or live gold allowing him to access racing games and/or others for free)... I can try to course correct that way 

48 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Need help with info on racing games. My coworker/boss used to race cars and has built his own cars from scratch. Talking assembled every single piece of the vehicle, running all the wiring, taking it to a dump/salvage yard to weigh it in order to go to dmv to get registration (and probably a VIN??) created. 

Texted me yesterday about PlayStation or Xbox because he wants to get into racing games. I generically said PS4 because it’s the master race versus Xbox one... but that’s overall gaming and definitely exclusives. No clue how the two consoles stack up when it comes to racing titles. I just no forza is on one and gran turismo on the other (probably all others are multi-platform?). 

also... not sure how Xbox live gold works as far as having access to free games or if includes their service to play digital library? I have an Xbox one s with an unopened second controller and an unused 12 month Xbox love gold card. Would be easier for me to get rid of this by selling to him at discount versus selling him my PS4 pro. If there are legit reasons why Xbox would be better for racing (as in exclusive game is better for someone of his background, and/or live gold allowing him to access racing games and/or others for free)... I can try to course correct that way 

Well like you said Forza and Gran Turismo are exclusives and are also more real to life and I hear great things about both . They have NASCAR heat which I hear great things about available on both systems and more realistic. Then you have the arcade type games like Need for Speed also available on both platforms. Then you have a mix of off road games and other arcady type deals. 

I don't think you can go wrong if you go Forza or Gran Turismo if he wants realistic. Everything else you can get on both systems

• Like 1

I think you should just sell him the Xbox stuff since you come in here every other day and beotch about how much it sucks and you hate it. Just messing. :lol:

• Like 1

I havent played either but I think forza looks more fun. I might grab gran turismo soon because I have PS4. 

I just know those are the big two "competitors” but not sure if one is clearly the better of the two. 

21 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Forza is better than Gran Turismo. If he's really serious about a true track racing sim, he might be more interested in Assetto Corsa for PC instead.

4 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

I havent played either but I think forza looks more fun. I might grab gran turismo soon because I have PS4. 

Forza has two version, Motorsports and Horizon. The latter is a fun, pick up and play anytime, arcade game, the former is a racing sim. GT used to be the gold standard back in the PS1 and PS2 gens, but was dusted by Forza when it came out and hasn't looked back.

• Like 1

Both the Forza games are great fun. The Motorsports is for just straight up racing, and it is excellent. Great cars, great tracks.

Horizon is just flat out fun. Lots of races and they are fun, but lots of showcases and other games you can play with a car. Plus, you can just drive around. Want to drive off road and smash through underbrush and fences? Drive off a cliff? Jump over a church? The expansions were stellar for Horizon 3 - the hot wheels track is just fun.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Toastrel said:

Both the Forza games are great fun. The Motorsports is for just straight up racing, and it is excellent. Great cars, great tracks.

Horizon is just flat out fun. Lots of races and they are fun, but lots of showcases and other games you can play with a car. Plus, you can just drive around. Want to drive off road and smash through underbrush and fences? Drive off a cliff? Jump over a church? The expansions were stellar for Horizon 3 - the hot wheels track is just fun.

nice! passing this along! made the exchange at lunch hour today.... and he bought my lunch too! 

14 hours ago, Agent23 said:

nice! passing this along! made the exchange at lunch hour today.... and he bought my lunch too! 

When do you buy us lunch? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

When you come to Minneapolis after I move! 

Poutine for all!!!!

• Like 1

You should tell him to buy a decent gaming computer, a wheel and get into iRacing. Bunch of different racing types, the tracks are laser copied in real life and it's supposed to be super realistic. A bunch of Nascar and indy guys play in the off season and it's the platform used when the Nascar season was shut down. If I had the money and time, I'd definitely have a set up

On 10/22/2020 at 12:41 PM, Agent23 said:

When you come to Minneapolis after I move! 

I feel like you have been talking about moving to Minneapolis for 3 years. But im pretty sure its only been during 2020. This year wont Fing end. 

On 10/26/2020 at 12:57 PM, What The F said:

I feel like you have been talking about moving to Minneapolis for 3 years. But im pretty sure its only been during 2020. This year wont Fing end. 

Yeah, learned with just around a full week of May still remaining. Know that because they gave us until July 31 to let them know our intent (to relocate, or to not and stay on through July 2021 and get severance). Remember thinking to myself we basically had 2 months and 1 week to decide. I think today I decided to have my pack/load happen somewhere in the Mon-Wed the week of Thanksgiving, and then probably TG weekend or that Monday be hitting the road. 

5 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Like a sneak drop?

I think some games are unsure when they will be ready so they don't give an exact release date. There have been a few games that were expected to be later but, are dropping earlier then expected

I was on PS website last night trying to understand 4k vs 8k vs this 1440p thing XBox is advertising, and saw GT7 on PS's website which tells me its meant to be planned as a launch title?

5 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I was on PS website last night trying to understand 4k vs 8k vs this 1440p thing XBox is advertising, and saw GT7 on PS's website which tells me its meant to be planned as a launch title?

That’s what the rumors were that I saw. But with no advertising, at least not until late, people don’t know what to think. I don’t stay up to date on this stuff though. Just happened to be looking for a racing game as well. 

On 10/30/2020 at 9:50 AM, Agent23 said:

1440p is also 2k.  All resolutions.  Make sure you have a display that's capable of the resolution you're going for.