Injuries

QBhunter58

I realize this is not really news and I dont know why I am even surprised with injuries any more; but, is it just me or has this team had an exceptional amount of injuries the last 3 years. Injuries are inextricably linked with the NFL, but it seems like we have had it particularly bad when compared to other teams.  I realize we have a group of players that seem to be 'injury prone' (sidney, carson, brandon, etc.),  and we (thanks to howie) have a penchant for signing/resigning ageing veterans, but neither of these fully cover the plethora of injuries this team has. 

I know we added some new blood to the medical department this year and I assume they are doing a good job but what gives? We are on our practice squad depth on our offensive line and receiving core, and now sanders goes down... Is this the price we have to pay for the super bowl? When does the rebuild start/has it started? Am I totally off base concerning the injury problems for this team? It sure seems like we have had it worse than other teams but I would be happy to be proven wrong, is there a place to find this data?

Honestly I just needed to vent publicly, better now 😆

The Eagles have gone through different medical staffs. They have rested players in practice over and over. They hardly play key players in preseason when there is preseason. They have tried everything there is to try. By now, hopefully they have figured out that there's nothing you can do to stop injuries from happening. We have been hit hard the last 4 seasons. The Eagles would be better off just preparing for games normally and getting everybody (that isn't actually recovering from an injury) the practice they need. 

• Like 3

It's an absolute joke at this point.  These players are either not physically ready to start the season every year or they are soft, and should have been better evaluated before the draft.  This doesn't happen to other teams.  I'm already laughing at the guy that thinks that it does.  These injuries are unprecedented.  Our only starters this week are Wentz and Kelce on offense.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

soft coach and front office = soft players

Soft coach? Soft front office? How would that lead to soft players though?

The injury issues have been 4 years running. They lost a few key starters during their SB run. This team is so scared of injuries that they wouldn’t play the starters during preseason and they still ended up injured. This team is snake bitten from injuries. It’s almost as if Chip Kelly put out a hex on them before he left.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tx_eaglesfan said:

Doesn’t have 2019. Also a little misleading as it only has players to IR. Eagles had players last season who missed an extended amount of time, but weren’t put on IR. I’m sure a lot of teams have had issues like that, but what’s happening to the Eagles offense this season just seems unreal.

We have 2 first stringers left on offense.  That's got to be some kind of record.

On 10/20/2020 at 4:55 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Soft coach? Soft front office? How would that lead to soft players though?

If the HC is running soft practices (no tackling, etc.), then it could potentially lead to more injuries come game time since the players aren't conditioned for that?  I dunno, just guessing.  

this is where they have to clean house, get a new gm that knows how to find a coaching staff that knows how to condition players.

4 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

this is where they have to clean house, get a new gm that knows how to find a coaching staff that knows how to condition players.

lol

8 minutes ago, ggs5008 said:

We have an old asss team. 

um no the young players are getting injured too.

58 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

um no the young players are getting injured too.

To me this is more concerning than the old guys getting hurt. Much would rather see Reagor proving he could play than crying on twitter about his "haters.”

So a weird off-season with no training and you don't understand why old players and young first time players are getting hurt? Some are unlucky freak things, some are repeat injuries and some are because they are old as dirt. 

On 10/20/2020 at 1:12 PM, EazyEaglez said:

The injury issues have been 4 years running. They lost a few key starters during their SB run. This team is so scared of injuries that they wouldn’t play the starters during preseason and they still ended up injured. This team is snake bitten from injuries. It’s almost as if Chip Kelly out a hex on them before he left.

Chip Kelly GIF - ChipKelley Tongue Lick - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/20/2020 at 12:29 AM, brkmsn said:

The Eagles have gone through different medical staffs. They have rested players in practice over and over. They hardly play key players in preseason when there is preseason. They have tried everything there is to try. By now, hopefully they have figured out that there's nothing you can do to stop injuries from happening. We have been hit hard the last 4 seasons. The Eagles would be better off just preparing for games normally and getting everybody (that isn't actually recovering from an injury) the practice they need. 

No way.  They're definitely still doing something wrong.  This is ridiculous.  It's nowhere close to normal to lose half to two thirds of your team to injury 3 or 4 seasons in a row. 

7 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

No way.  They're definitely still doing something wrong.  This is ridiculous.  It's nowhere close to normal to lose half to two thirds of your team to injury 3 or 4 seasons in a row. 

Money-or-Safety.jpg