Miles Sanders = DeSean Jackson of RBs

ToDie4Eagles

He's a dynamic playmaker for sure but he's soft and just can't stay healthy. This goes back to his rookie year and has carried on to this season as well.  I wouldn't count on him as our future lead RB.

Time's yours.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Boy did Howie under estimate this backfield. 

I never liked relying on Clement.  Scott has been a nice change of pace back, the Sproles 2.0 type but he should be the 3rd back.  You really need a 1-2 punch in the NFL, and a quality backup for injuries.

• Like 4

If you want a RB that can run full pace into the back of your lineman's legs for a 3 yard gain then Clement is your man. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I don't feel like we can say this or that about Miles. This whole damn team has been mixing water from Flint into their smoothies or something, it's absurd. 

We changed our medical staff in the offseason, does this include strength & conditioning? If not then it needs to be done, if we changed them also then we need to look at the coaching staff and if we're training these guys right. I know we don't employ tackling often at trainings, has this made them soft and disassociated them to full contact at game times? I dunno but something has to change. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I never liked relying on Clement.  Scott has been a nice change of pace back, the Sproles 2.0 type but he should be the 3rd back.  You really need a 1-2 punch in the NFL, and a quality backup for injuries.

Exactly right and when we had that (Ajayi and Blount) we went to the big game. Don't get me wrong, I like Scott but he is not Darren Sproles caliber, not that I have seen. Clement .....not even going to comment....

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Exactly right and when we had that (Ajayi and Blount) we went to the big game. Don't get me wrong, I like Scott but he is not Darren Sproles caliber, not that I have seen. Clement .....not even going to comment....

Yeah exactly this. 

We haven't had a commitment to the running game like that since '17. 

Ironically if you look at Indy i see more of the '17 team in them than i do our own squad. People made comments that Reich was a big loss but i think we're only starting to see this now. 

• Like 2

The only soft RB who I can ever remember wearing and eagles uniform came from Dallas to destroy this team. Please don't call Sanders soft, it's just wrong.

You are an internet message board nobody, and have no idea what he plays through. Calling him soft is just some crazy guessing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Boy did Howie under estimate this backfield. 

Maybe. Let's see what happens Thursday first. 

20 minutes ago, eephraim said:

The only soft RB who I can ever remember wearing and eagles uniform came from Dallas to destroy this team. Please don't call Sanders soft, it's just wrong.

You are an internet message board nobody, and have no idea what he plays through. Calling him soft is just some crazy guessing.

Calm down Mrs Sanders.  I meant soft as in his durability.  I'm not questioning the kid's heart.

8 hours ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

He's a dynamic playmaker for sure but he's soft and just can't stay healthy. This goes back to his rookie year and has carried on to this season as well.  I wouldn't count on him as our future lead RB.

Time's yours.

I kind of mentioned the same thing week one. He’s a great talent when he plays but he also seems Likely to miss games in his career with nagging soft tissue injuries so you need a good backup. Kind of why i wanted the eagles to sign Freeman all offseason. I tend to believe the eagles also wanted to after sanders missed week one With what happened with Scott and clement but then barkley got hurt and it screwed them

• Like 2

What players these days are not likely to miss games? 

I agree it's important to have depth. I haven't written off Clement and Scott yet, though, like so many here. As of right now, I think what we saw in the Washington game (that Sanders missed)  was not an accurate indicator of what we have. The balance offensively was pitiful and the blocking was awful. I  think that as long as we stay committed to running (somewhat balanced run/pass ratio) a rotation of Scott and Clement can produce. 

You know that Miles Sanders played every game last year, right?

1. That’s rare for a RB

2. That’s extremely rare for this team

3. He was hurt at the end of the season and still played.

• Like 1