Neville Hewitt Jets LB

ibleedgreen1990

The Jets are likely to be sellers and we might be able to get a key piece for the future. After dumping Bell the Jets have the most cap space going into next year. We could potentially pull a slick move here and benefit from the Jets cap situation combined with them being terrible.

The Dream: Alshon Jeffery and a conditional 5th for Neville Hewitt (could turn into a 4th if Hewitt plays all 16 games with over 50% of snaps total)

Whats more likely: Ertz for Hewitt and a 3rd

• Like 2

Considering Ike Reese leaving radio and coming back to play would be a step up from the current corps of LBers, I’d be all for this. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Considering Ike Reese leaving radio and coming back to play would be a step up from the current corps of LBers, I’d be all for this. 

Why stop there? Whats Ernie Sims doing nowadays? Jamar Chaney? Hell tell Emmanuel Acho to get his arse off tv and suit up

12 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

The Jets are likely to be sellers and we might be able to get a key piece for the future. After dumping Bell the Jets have the most cap space going into next year. We could potentially pull a slick move here and benefit from the Jets cap situation combined with them being terrible.

The Dream: Alshon Jeffery and a conditional 5th for Neville Hewitt (could turn into a 4th if Hewitt plays all 16 games with over 50% of snaps total)

I actually think this could be a decent move. I would prefer the team to be sellers at the deadline but ultimately there is a way that they can acquire cheap young talent and clear some of their cap space for future years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Why stop there? Whats Ernie Sims doing nowadays? Jamar Chaney? Hell tell Emmanuel Acho to get his arse off tv and suit up

My first call would be Stewart Bradley.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

You're playing Madden, why would the Jets do this? They are nowhere near contending, they won't have interest in Ertz or Jeffery, only draft picks or young controllable players.

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

You're playing Madden, why would the Jets do this? They are nowhere near contending, they won't have interest in Ertz or Jeffery, only draft picks or young controllable players.

LOL.

Cap space & a 3rd < playmaker thats more talented than players likely available in the 3rd (also position of need)

If they trade him they also still have CJ Mosely to come back from injury and play LB next season so they dont really drop off there.

What do you mean exactly by "controllable players"?

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I actually think this could be a decent move. I would prefer the team to be sellers at the deadline but ultimately there is a way that they can acquire cheap young talent and clear some of their cap space for future years.

Exactly! 

This is a win/win for the Jets and Eagles IMO. There is nobody in FA at TE that will bring what Ertz does for them and unlikely to be anyone in the third. They have the very top pick as of now and already have a QB in Darnold. They can always do what the Cardinals did and take another at #1.. but its also possible they trade back and acquire picks and could easily replace the third they spent. 

A lot of "IFS" there but certainly not a stupid thing for the Jets to consider.

6 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Exactly! 

This is a win/win for the Jets and Eagles IMO. There is nobody in FA at TE that will bring what Ertz does for them and unlikely to be anyone in the third. They have the very top pick as of now and already have a QB in Darnold. They can always do what the Cardinals did and take another at #1.. but its also possible they trade back and acquire picks and could easily replace the third they spent. 

A lot of "IFS" there but certainly not a stupid thing for the Jets to consider.

The one issue I see... Is that I'm just not sure a team like the Jets would be interested? I mean it would be a pretty dumb move for the Jets. That's a bad football team and to me Ertz is the kind of trade you make if you think you can win now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The one issue I see... Is that I'm just not sure a team like the Jets would be interested? I mean it would be a pretty dumb move for the Jets. That's a bad football team and to me Ertz is the kind of trade you make if you think you can win now. 

They also just traded a lb so becomes even less likely. 

too bad

13 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

LOL.

Cap space & a 3rd < playmaker thats more talented than players likely available in the 3rd (also position of need)

If they trade him they also still have CJ Mosely to come back from injury and play LB next season so they dont really drop off there.

What do you mean exactly by "controllable players"?

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I refer to my friend from the UK's comments. On paper the trade is fine, but Ertz is about to hit 30 and his best years are already behind him. He is only signed for one more year and the Jets are not going to be competitive this year and are highly unlikely to be next year.

He makes a lot more sense to a team like the Steelers, Packers or Seahawks where they are ready to win now, but could do with an upgrade at TE.

• Like 1

It does not matter who you bring here at LB, Till Jim is gone next year the LB position wont be effective. Might be a good move for next year and going forward but wont see the benefit of this move till future years. Will be ok if the deal doesnt cost a lot. 

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I refer to my friend from the UK's comments. On paper the trade is fine, but Ertz is about to hit 30 and his best years are already behind him. He is only signed for one more year and the Jets are not going to be competitive this year and are highly unlikely to be next year.

He makes a lot more sense to a team like the Steelers, Packers or Seahawks where they are ready to win now, but could do with an upgrade at TE.

Couldn't agree more. Adding an elite TE to one of those teams could make a major difference. Same potentially with the Ravens. Perhaps even the Saints especially as they have struggled without Thomas.

He was their only player that impressed me when we played them last year. But, you gotta ask, is a good player on a god awful team actually any good? 

6 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

He was their only player that impressed me when we played them last year. But, you gotta ask, is a good player on a god awful team actually any good? 

I guess it’s a question worth asking.

but being the best player on a bad team doesn’t make you mediocre in and of itself. The browns suck and I’d still happily take OBJ.