Talent Injection Mock 10-21-20

ibleedgreen1990

We need a combination of youth and talent. Currently burdened by a bunch of huge contracts, we need to cut some weight in order to stay afloat. We also have a hole at almost every position on our roster, so we need to be open to taking any position IMO where there is a great talent available. 

I think that between the Cowboys being trash and the Eagles starting to pull it together that we win the NFC East and get a playoff spot. This will keep Doug and probly Howie (hopefully not) in their seats for another year. Schwartz does get replaced though. 

The Eagles also need to stop trying to be smarter than everyone else and short changing themselves in the process. We get an O coordinator this season. Someone familiar with Wentz

D Coordinator:

Brent Venables 

O Coordinator:

Josh McCown

Trades:

Dont want to go too crazy here, but I do think between now and next season we pull a few trades. Since I predict that we will make the playoffs I dont think we go too crazy as sellers this season.

Ertz to the Jets for Neville Hewitt and a 3rd - I would love to keep Ertz on the team if he was willing to stay on a smaller contract. He isnt so he has to go.

Derek Barnett to the Seahawks for a 3rd - He is still really young and on his rookie contract. His replacement is already on the roster and arguably better on a cheaper contract. 

Restructure:

Brandon Graham - Will retire an Eagle and has a few more years in the tank

Fletcher Cox - Will also retire an Eagle and wants to compete for another ring before he does. Allows Howie to turn some salary into a bonus for some wiggle room.

Malik Jackson - Overpaid IMO. Out of everyone he is the least likely to restructure but we really need him to.

Release/Let Walk:

Jeffery, Jackson, Peters, Robey-Coleman, Brown, Gerry, Sudfeld

Re-Sign:

Fulgham, Ward, Singleton, Johnston,  Leblanc, Curry (1 year deal)

Free Agency:

Vernon Hargreaves - CB - Kick the tires on a former first round pick. Wont demand a large contract either. Not going to blow the roof off our CB2 spot but will bring competition.

Retire:

Jason Kelce - I would love for him to come back but I just dont think he does

Draft:

Ill start off by throwing out there that if we can move Dillard during the draft, we should do it. Mailata has shown me everything I need to see and he is our LT moving forward. Will not mock this but think we need to be open to this. I think we end the season 7-8-1. Our wins come from within the division so it will be enough to sneak into the playoffs.

1- DeVonta Smith WR, Bama - Good route runner, will compete with Ward for slot work in year 1. Makes our WR core both young and INSANE!

2- Eric Stokes CB, Georgia - Comes in and competes to play opposite of Slay.

3- Jabril Cox LB, LSU - Mocked this guy to us in my first of the year and sticking with it. Him, Hewitt, and Singleton and a serviceable LB Core.

3- Hamsah Nasirildeen S, Florida State - Huge safety that is great at tackling. Going to be hard to throw over this guys head. Good ball skills too.

3- Cade Mays G, Texas - Can play both G and T. We swing Seumalu to C and bring in competition for LG. 

5- James Empey C, BYU - Competition for C

5- Cary Angeline TE, NC State - Will compete as TE depth 

6- BPA

7- BPA

I like the idea of getting some depth at DE in rounds 6 or 7 but dont think its a huge priority even with Barnett gone.

Starting Line-up:

QB: Wentz, Hurts

RB: Sanders, Scott, Holyfield

WR1: Reagor, Hightower

WR2: Fulgham, Arcega-Whiteside

Slot: Smith, Ward

TE: Goeddert, Angeline, Butler

LT: Mailata, Dillard

LG: Nate Herbig, Mays

C : Seumalo, Empey

RG: Brooks, Pryor

RT: Johnson, Driscoll

RE: Sweat, Curry

DT: Cox, Jackson

DT: Hargraves, Ridgeway

LE: Graham, Avery

LOLB: Singleton, Taylor

ILB: Cox, Bradley

ROLB: Hewitt, Taylor

CB1: Slay, Hargreaves, James

CB2: Stokes, Hargreaves, James

Slot: Maddox, Leblanc

SS: Nasirildeen, Epps

FS: McCloud, Wallace

I like it a lot! 

Nasirildeen probably won’t be there in the 3rd. Might even sneak into the first...

• Like 1

I really like your draft bud. Smith and Jabril Cox would be good additions especially if we have added Hewitt via trade. 

But...

Trade Barnett? Leave ourselves with Sweat and Curry at RDE? Sweat who can't play every snap and Curry who would be another year older? And then BG another year older and Avery who hasn't shown a lot at all at LDE?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I really like your draft bud. Smith and Jabril Cox would be good additions especially if we have added Hewitt via trade. 

But...

Trade Barnett? Leave ourselves with Sweat and Curry at RDE? Sweat who can't play every snap and Curry who would be another year older? And then BG another year older and Avery who hasn't shown a lot at all at LDE?

Agreed! Would not trade Barnett either...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

No I wouldn't trade Barnett and if I did then I'd feel compelled to draft a DE fairly early in next years draft. Not sure we would get much for Barnett either. I mean I think he's a good player, I think he's a player we should probably keep (at the right price) but next year would be his additional year option so not sure any team is going to give up a lot to get him.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 1:00 AM, Ray75 said:

Can see your point for sure. He’s still really young and seems to like it here. Main idea behind the move was getting sweat onto the field more. 

On 10/21/2020 at 11:07 PM, Ray75 said:

I like it a lot! 

Nasirildeen probably won’t be there in the 3rd. Might even sneak into the first...

Nice, thanks for the heads up. You’re Probly right cause a safety that’s that big and balls out like he does... people are going to want that in their team. I do lol. 

On 10/22/2020 at 1:06 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No I wouldn't trade Barnett and if I did then I'd feel compelled to draft a DE fairly early in next years draft. Not sure we would get much for Barnett either. I mean I think he's a good player, I think he's a player we should probably keep (at the right price) but next year would be his additional year option so not sure any team is going to give up a lot to get him.

Good points. I’ll have to consider all that in my next mock. 

thanks for the feedback!

• Like 1

I think if we promote from within its gonna have to be duce as OC or he finds a job somewhere else.  He’s done great coaching the RBs, his rotation annoys me most of the time, but as a position coach he’s one of the best in the league. That’s not me being homer I think he’s an absolute dbag from what I’ve seen from him with my own eyes. That said he can teach RBs tremendously. I’m not sure, based on his rotation, if he’s the guy I want helping Doug X and O the game. 

McCown is take as QB coach right now. I’m not sure if he’s ready to leave behind his HS coaching job though and we would need him in house working with Wentz and Hurts. 

I’m not a big fan of Stokes as of now. He seems very handsy to me and allows the WR to attack the ball first. 

Nasirildeen has all of the physical tools to be a dominant safety. Torn ACL last year scares me a little. He could very well end up being a hybrid S/LB like we’ve been seeing. I’d think he goes late first to mid second round so I doubt he’s there in the third but with that ACL recovery having him not play as of yet you never know. 

6 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Good points. I’ll have to consider all that in my next mock. 

thanks for the feedback!

No problem bud. I mean it is just my opinion but lots of things to consider. I mean BG I think could be a big cap saving...

18 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No problem bud. I mean it is just my opinion but lots of things to consider. I mean BG I think could be a big cap saving...

Nope, 23 million in dead money!

On 10/21/2020 at 9:30 AM, ibleedgreen1990 said:

3- Cade Mays G, Texas - Can play both G and T. We swing Seumalu to C and bring in competition for LG. 

Mays plays for Tennessee not Texas. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Mays plays for Tennessee not Texas. 

Whoops. Thanks for correcting that!