Not a cheap shot on Djax?

Boondocker

Hi Dave,

I wouldn’t exactly call this a bang bang play. Jackson was down. A player intentionally dove on him...then the ball hit the ground.

All it got was a 15 yard penalty, a muttering from the booth...a gloss over by yourself ( no disrespect ) and an inglorious possible send off for one of the most exciting Eagles WR’s of the last 20 years. 

Do you think Mr. Jackson deserves a little better Dave? And...was this not a cheap shot from a division foe? Where is our Eagles attitude on this?

Go Eagles 🦅 

14 minutes ago, Boondocker said:

All it got was a 15 yard penalty,

I heard it didn't even get a penalty? That could be wrong but that's what I heard. 

• Members

Was the hit late?  Absolutely!  Do I think it was done to intentionally hurt DJax?  I do not.

Much like how Baseball has a set of unwritten rules, football does as well.  These me make their livelihood playing a sport that is brutal, not to mention has a very small window to play in.  While they are out there, yes, they want to make the big hit, but they are not trying to intentionally hurt each other.  Only in very rare cases, like Myles Garrett using Mason Rudolph in a VERY heated situation, would I assume a player is trying to injure another player.  

Back to the Harper hit.  Here is how I see it:  Kick returns move VERY fast for the players on the field.  Much faster for them than for you or I watching it on TV.  I think that in the moment he was still in full tackle mode before he had a chance to process the fact the play was over.  Watch it one more time.  You will notice the ref does not blow the whistle until the moment Harper made the hit.  If the whistle was blown when the first hit on Desean was made, Harper most likely would have pulled up.  

I want to give Madre Harper the benefit of the doubt.  Because if he was trying to injure a player who JUST came back, he would be a marked man.

LOL

I can't believe we are trying to "replace" Dave Spadaro with a clone that looks nothing like him. It's like one of those cheap Chinese Marvel figurine knockoffs.

12 hours ago, "Dave Spadaro" said:

Was the hit late?  Absolutely!  Do I think it was done to intentionally hurt DJax?  I do not.

Much like how Baseball has a set of unwritten rules, football does as well.  These me make their livelihood playing a sport that is brutal, not to mention has a very small window to play in.  While they are out there, yes, they want to make the big hit, but they are not trying to intentionally hurt each other.  Only in very rare cases, like Myles Garrett using Mason Rudolph in a VERY heated situation, would I assume a player is trying to injure another player.  

Back to the Harper hit.  Here is how I see it:  Kick returns move VERY fast for the players on the field.  Much faster for them than for you or I watching it on TV.  I think that in the moment he was still in full tackle mode before he had a chance to process the fact the play was over.  Watch it one more time.  You will notice the ref does not blow the whistle until the moment Harper made the hit.  If the whistle was blown when the first hit on Desean was made, Harper most likely would have pulled up.  

I want to give Madre Harper the benefit of the doubt.  Because if he was trying to injure a player who JUST came back, he would be a marked man.

Well the video can’t be seen any longer. I’ll give ya that, if the whistle wasn’t blown nobody let’s up...especially on returns.

lol, is this really Dave? I‘ haven’t been on since the days The Philadelphia Eagles ran the boards. Do you come back here and talk shop? 

Gonna miss Djax.

• Members
36 minutes ago, Boondocker said:

Well the video can’t be seen any longer. I’ll give ya that, if the whistle wasn’t blown nobody let’s up...especially on returns.

lol, is this really Dave? I‘ haven’t been on since the days The Philadelphia Eagles ran the boards. Do you come back here and talk shop? 

Gonna miss Djax.

The video still works, it just won't let you play it from this site (I'll see if I can get Edwin to fix it), they want you to play it from youtube.  Copy and paste the link into your browser so you can hear it yourself. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3S6uvV6EMw

On 10/24/2020 at 2:09 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I heard it didn't even get a penalty? That could be wrong but that's what I heard. 

On 10/24/2020 at 2:58 AM, Boondocker said:

It got a 15 yard unsportsmanlike 

It didn't. The first hit was the penalty. The late hit didn't get called.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It didn't. The first hit was the penalty. The late hit didn't get called.

Which is just so freaking stupid!

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Which is just so freaking stupid!

Yup, makes no sense. They call the shot to the head which is the right call but then completely look away at the guy bending him in half late.

On 10/24/2020 at 9:13 PM, Boondocker said:

Yes he is the real "Dave Spadaro”.  Don’t let the picture fool you because he is in early phase of the gender change and the treatments are beginning to work, as you can see by the more effeminate version in his photo.

• Haha 1