700Level4Life

Mike McCarthy....is he really this bad as a coach, and having Aaron Rodgers all those years help him look better, or is it that Dallas just stinks and there's nothing he or any coach could  could do about it because of the lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball. 

Just now, 700Level4Life said:

Mike McCarthy....is he really this bad as a coach, and having Aaron Rodgers all those years help him look better, or is it that Dallas just stinks and there's nothing he or any coach could  could do about it because of the lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball. 

Cowboys just have bad chemistry on that team. They have a couple of injuries and no one steps up or rallies together. Rodgers also hated Mccarthy so you have that too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Cowboys just have bad chemistry on that team. They have a couple of injuries and no one steps up or rallies together. Rodgers also hated Mccarthy so you have that too. 

It sounds like Rodgers might not be the only player to not be fond of McCarthy if there's any substance to the rumors in Dallas.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

It sounds like Rodgers might not be the only player to not be fond of McCarthy if there's any substance to the rumors in Dallas.

Rodgers is petty and hates lots of people even his own family but, like you said if reports are true he might give reasons for others to hate him too. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 700Level4Life said:

I mean having Rodgers is going to make a HC look better isn't it? Same with having Brady. I think McCarthy is an OK coach. He's nothing special but he's an OK coach. Let's not forget his D lacks talent and his offense lost its starting QB and then this week its back up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean having Rodgers is going to make a HC look better isn't it? Same with having Brady. I think McCarthy is an OK coach. He's nothing special but he's an OK coach. Let's not forget his D lacks talent and his offense lost its starting QB and then this week its back up. 

I agree with everything you said. 

Only thing, sometimes bad QBs can bring good coaches down. Cam Newton in NE comes to mind. 

23 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They have a couple of injuries and no one steps up or rallies together.

Well, they did lose their starting QB, after all. What, do you expect a team to lose their #1 QB and then go on to win the Super Bowl or something?! Never happens...

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, 700Level4Life said:

I agree with everything you said. 

Only thing, sometimes bad QBs can bring good coaches down. Cam Newton in NE comes to mind. 

That's a tricky one. I am higher on Cam than a lot of people are. I'm not suggesting he's elite at all but I've always thought he's decent. But yeah I mean he's certainly not doing well in NE. Though to be fair with those WRs what chance does he really have?

In '06 and '07, McCarthy tore down Rodgers and basically re-built him while Favre closed out his time in Green Bay. I remember reading articles about it back in '08 when Rodgers took over the full time starting gig. Sounded like a pretty impressive transformation. 

Does that make him a good head coach though? Especially now that it's almost 15 years later? Nope. I think McCarthy was a good coach but it's almost like the game has passed him by over the last few years. 

31 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Rodgers is petty and hates lots of people even his own family but, like you said if reports are true he might give reasons for others to hate him too. 

This right here.

And there is nothing great now, or in the past, in regards to McCarthy as a HC. 

24 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The back up QB was an above average starter for a handful of years for the bengals with even better talent across the board on the cowboys. Mccarthy most likely just sucks as a head coach

McCarthy might be decent still, but I won't judge the other 3 NFCE coaches on this season. Any coach new to a team this season was going to have a battle with all the offseason prep wiped out.

That said, there's no doubt having a QB like Rodgers makes a difference.

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The back up QB was an above average starter for a handful of years for the bengals with even better talent across the board on the cowboys. Mccarthy most likely just sucks as a head coach

Dalton was at his best average... And that was a few years ago now. Dalton isn't a good QB and until Dak went down the offense wasn't the problem. 

33 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Dalton was at his best average... And that was a few years ago now. Dalton isn't a good QB and until Dak went down the offense wasn't the problem. 

Who cares they are going to implode. 

38 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Who cares they are going to implode. 

They already have coming from a Cowboys fan. McCarthy doesn’t look like a good coach at all. No adjustments to either side and he reduces to change his game plans once the game has started. All three phases of the game are horrible. 
We do have a lot of injuries and once Dak went down our offense was hopeless. 

McCarthy is no different now than he was while in GB...and its obvious he's way to stubborn to change his ways... but im luvin it!:rock:

4 hours ago, 700Level4Life said:

I remember reading an article on Rodgers and how the relationship with McCarthy broke down. Rodgers would constantly change the playcalls at the line to whatever he wanted because that's how little he respected McCarthy and his offensive game plan. That should tell you how the dude was done as a HC at that point. 

McCarthy taking jabs at the players now for none of them reacting or getting in the face of the guy that cheap shotted Dalton. 

McCarthy is yesterday's man.

Wasnt concerned at all when Dallas hired him, better that than Rivera. 

Hope he stays a long time.