Chase Edmonds for DK Metcalf?

eaglesfan0075

Trade Options  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which trade avenue should I pursue next week?

• Aggressively Propose Trade for Alvin Kamara - give up DK Metcalf and either Robby Anderson or Amari Cooper
    • Simply Accept Trade of Chase Edmonds for DK Metcalf straight up
    • Pursue Alternate Trade for James Robinson, David Johnson, etc...

I am in a 10 team PPR money league where I am about to go 3-4 thanks to Tyler Lockett having the game of his career and Metcalf having his first bust game of the season.

My RB situation is not the greatest: Miles Sanders, Devin Montgomery, Devin Singletary, Darrell Henderson, Devontae Freeman, Leonard Fournette (yes drafted him the day before he got cut, still have him)

My WRs are definitely the strength of my team: Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, DK Metcalf, Robby Anderson, DeVante Parker. 

The owner that has Chase Edmonds also has Alvin Kamara, James Robinson, David Johnson, Raheem Mostert, and Austin Ekeler, so he has some strong RB depth himself.

I sent some 2 for 1 offers for Kamara.

Metcalf and Parker for Kamara was declined outright, but he was definitely intrigued by Metcalf + Cooper/Anderson.

He messaged me that he likes those offers but unfortunately since all of his RBs outside of Kamara are on bye next week, he's hesitant to trade Kamara right now. I'm in no rush to acquire Edmonds either (since he's going to be on bye next week anyways). I think there's a good chance we'll make some kind of deal at some point, since he was high on Metcalf in the fantasy draft as well. I like Metcalf as he's been very productive for me outside of Week 7, but I know I need RB help badly and would consider a trade at the right price.

Should I go for the aggressive Metcalf + Cooper/Anderson trade for Kamara? Take the offer I was given? Or pursue a different trade avenue? James Robinson for Metcalf sounds intriguing since there's no one on the level of Kenyan Drake that will challenge for carries on the Jags right now, it's all Robinson in the running game. His floor is high end RB2 but with some RB1 upside, which is attractive if I'm only doing a one for one deal. 

If Kenyan Drake's injury was season ending, maybe I would be more receptive to Edmonds, but then again, I'm strictly going off upside in that scenario. Even David Johnson would make sense, although his injury history gives me pause. 

I added a poll too, since this is an interesting situation.

Virtually all WRs bust at some point: Bad matchup, double-teamed all game, QB just throws to other options, whatever. I wouldn't sell Metcalf low due to one bad game.

Edmonds is nice insurance to have until Drake comes back from injury. You could use him until Sanders gets himself good again. Or, you could pick up Boston Scott, or Gio Bernard or someone, off waivers. Metcalf is too rich for a player that will only be good for a few weeks.

But Kamara is the #1 RB right now. I'd trade Metcalf and Cooper right now and not look back.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, toolg said:

Virtually all WRs bust at some point: Bad matchup, double-teamed all game, QB just throws to other options, whatever. I wouldn't sell Metcalf low due to one bad game.

Edmonds is nice insurance to have until Drake comes back from injury. You could use him until Sanders gets himself good again. Or, you could pick up Boston Scott, or Gio Bernard or someone, off waivers. Metcalf is too rich for a player that will only be good for a few weeks.

But Kamara is the #1 RB right now. I'd trade Metcalf and Cooper right now and not look back.

I'm not necessarily looking to sell low on DK Metcalf, but what ended up happening is the owner of Tyler Lockett commented in our league group chat regarding Lockett scoring 55 points and I jokingly replied, if only he saved some action for DK Metcalf this week. The Kamara owner joined in the discussion replied back, "I'm willing to trade Chase Edmonds for either", just out of the blue. 

That's what got me thinking about exploring trade options for Metcalf. I like my WR core but I have 4 guys I really like as starters for only 3 available starting spots (including flex) max at a time.  I can't say the same for RB right now. 

Plus, I picked up Robby Anderson as a a free agent early in the season after another owner dropped him. I like my chances picking up another productive WR from waivers compared to another productive RB.

Kamara and Sanders could be a potent RB duo and I would still have Julio Jones and Robby Anderson as my starting WRs, which isn't bad at all. Flex would be a bit of a wild card, do I go with WR DeVante Parker or RB David Montgomery (or someone else).

So in light of Metcalf's big game today, should I still pursue the trade for Alvin Kamara? DK Metcalf and Amari Cooper for Kamara?

I don't think Metcalf is gonna drop 40 pts that often, but I am weak at RB and it's magnified with Miles Sanders being injured. David Montgomery is ideally an RB2 but he's been my RB1 these past two weeks.

Kamara would be a huge upgrade and I would still have Julio Jones and Robby Anderson as my top 2 WRs, with DeVante Parker as WR3 and room to get another player off waivers.

So it looks like Kamara owner is electing to keep him. 

I'm thinking about offering the same package of Metcalf and Cooper for Dalvin Cook or Derrick Henry and see if either of those two owners bite. Cook owner just lost Kenny Golladay to injury with not much WR depth, but also has RB injury trouble with both Joe Mixon and Myles Gaskin hurt, so that might be a tough one to pull off. Henry owner has a decently well rounded squad with no glaring weakness, but only 2 wins.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 8:34 AM, toolg said:

Yeah I have Kamara in my league. Not sure I’d trade him for anything. The offer would have to be ridiculous. 

So my attempts to acquire one of Alvin Kamara, Dalvin Cook, or Derrick Henry with a combo of DK Metcalf and Amari Cooper/Robby Anderson were unsuccessful.

However, at 4-5 and the trade deadline looming, RB was looking like a sore spot after Miles Sanders at RB1 (and even he isn't used enough in the Eagles offense). Trying to make that final push for a playoff spot and need to make a bold move to shore up RB.

My other RBs: David Montgomery, Leonard Fournette, Darrell Henderson, Carlos Hyde

I ended up trading DK Metcalf for James Robinson straight up in a deal with the Kamara owner, which was probably the floor in terms of what I would have been willing to accept via trade.

Robinson isn't a household name, but he's quietly become a consistent fantasy RB1 in PPR this year, with not a single game under 10 pts and an average of 18.4 points per game. Obviously, if this was a real NFL franchise, I would rather have Metcalf, but since it's fantasy we focus on the stats. While I would have liked more of a blue chip fantasy RB in a 2 for 1 deal including Cooper/Anderson, that opportunity didn't present itself unfortunately.