Marcus Epps Tests Positive for COVID

Kz!

Good thing we're heading into a bye week.

We can rule out JJAW because he can't catch anything. I'll see myself out.

Update: Marcus Epps

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/eagles-place-s-marcus-epps-on-reserve-covid-19-list

The Eagles placed safety Marcus Epps on the Reserve/COVID-19 list on Thursday. Earlier on Thursday, the team confirmed that a player tested positive for COVID-19.

"The Philadelphia Eagles received confirmation this morning that a player tested positive for COVID-19," the team said in a statement. "The individual immediately went into self-isolation upon learning of his test result. We are following the NFL-NFLPA intensive protocols and remain in close communication with the league on this matter."

The Reserve/COVID-19 list was created for a player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or who has been in close contact with an infected person or persons.

Epps, a second-year safety, has played in seven games with two starts in 2020, contributing 19 tackles and two pass breakups playing 25 percent of the snaps on defense. He's also chipped in with five special teams tackles.

• Haha 6

It’s Wentz!!  They figured this would be an easy way to bench him while not really benching him.  :excited:

• Haha 1

It's Marcus Epps

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/eagles-place-s-marcus-epps-on-reserve-covid-19-list

The Eagles placed safety Marcus Epps on the Reserve/COVID-19 list on Thursday. Earlier on Thursday, the team confirmed that a player tested positive for COVID-19.

"The Philadelphia Eagles received confirmation this morning that a player tested positive for COVID-19," the team said in a statement. "The individual immediately went into self-isolation upon learning of his test result. We are following the NFL-NFLPA intensive protocols and remain in close communication with the league on this matter."

The Reserve/COVID-19 list was created for a player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or who has been in close contact with an infected person or persons.

Epps, a second-year safety, has played in seven games with two starts in 2020, contributing 19 tackles and two pass breakups playing 25 percent of the snaps on defense. He's also chipped in with five special teams tackles.

51 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They didn't trade Parks in the end did they?

No.  This news could have been worse I guess.  Not to mention we're on a bye week, so he should be back for the Giants game with plenty of time to spare.  

Uh Oh, we might not have Marcus the Munchkin Man. Where will we be without his stubby little arms?

9 hours ago, hputenis said:

No.  This news could have been worse I guess.  Not to mention we're on a bye week, so he should be back for the Giants game with plenty of time to spare.  

Umm is that likely? I mean I know he'll be tested regularly but it could be that he's out for 2 weeks?

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Umm is that likely? I mean I know he'll be tested regularly but it could be that he's out for 2 weeks?

If he says really sick he could be out for over a month. The Rona doesn't go away in 2 weeks. You show symptoms within the first two weeks of having it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

If he says really sick he could be out for over a month. The Rona doesn't go away in 2 weeks. You show symptoms within the first two weeks of having it. 

Didn’t Cam Newton only miss one game when he had it?

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Didn’t Cam Newton only miss one game when he had it?

New tests came back negative. Most likely never had it. 

6 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

That's what I thought. If he's not showing any symptoms then he may be OK but if he is then I don't think he'll be good to go after the bye. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

Cut him.  Probably out partying and putting the team at risk.

Maybe he had an intimate dinner with a QB. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's what I thought. If he's not showing any symptoms then he may be OK but if he is then I don't think he'll be good to go after the bye. 

I saw earlier this week (Monday I think) that Stafford was on the COVID list again, and he has to stay away for 5 days and still has the chance to play Sunday.  Is that only if it's a false positive test?  I'm having trouble following all of these rules and protocol.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hputenis said:

I saw earlier this week (Monday I think) that Stafford was on the COVID list again, and he has to stay away for 5 days and still has the chance to play Sunday.  Is that only if it's a false positive test?  I'm having trouble following all of these rules and protocol.  

I'm not sure to be honest. I guess yeah probably but I'm not sure how long this virus stays with us and it's different from person to person. 

15 hours ago, hputenis said:

Yes. He needs to test negative twice I think before being allowed to return. 

• Like 1