Burrow: Torn ACL, MCL and more knee damage

EricAllenPick6

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30374069/torn-acl-mcl-plus-more-knee-damage-cincinnati-bengals-qb-joe-burrow-sources-say

Cincinnati Bengals rookie quarterback Joe Burrow tore his ACL, MCL and suffered other structural issues in his left knee, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Ben Baby.

An MRI taken Monday revealed the damage.

Burrow suffered the injury in the third quarter of Sunday's loss to Washington after he was sandwiched by two Washington defenders who converged on him on a third-and-2 pass attempt.

The first overall pick in the 2020 draft was on pace to become the first rookie in league history to have six 300-yard passing games in his first 10 appearances. Burrow was 22-of-34 for 203 yards, one touchdown and one lost fumble before he went down in the third quarter.

A little too familiar for Eagle fans.  

It really is terrible, not just for the Bengals for the NFL.  Burrow was on the road to be a top 5 NFL QB for years.  Hopefully, he can get back to where he was before the injury, but some guys are never the same after these kinds of knee injuries.

• Like 2

Yikes.  I was hoping it was *just* an ACL tear when I saw it.  That's going to be a rough one to come back from.  Really hope the kid comes back 100% from this.

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

That's a devastating injury. If they end up with the top pick do they go QB? 

You nuts? They trade out of that pick for a King’s ransom and build around Burrow. 

12 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

You nuts? They trade out of that pick for a King’s ransom and build around Burrow. 

I think it all depends on his surgery and how his recovery is looking by the draft. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Or Wentz... 😉

No. You'd trade Hurts or Sudfeld if you trade any of them

Wentz is NOT tradeable. Not sure how that's not getting through to a bunch of you

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Wentz is NOT tradeable. Not sure how that's not getting through to a bunch of you

Why is he not tradeable?

Injury is worse than Wentz' acl/mcl.

Not as bad as Smith,  but pretty close. Smith had a horrible infection on top of his injury too. Really hope Burrows recovers in a couple of years.

On 11/26/2020 at 1:39 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why is he not tradeable?

1) No one is taking on that contract

2) His dead cap hit would be $59,220,608 for a $24,547,072 loss in a year where we are already insanely over the cap.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, paco said:

1) No one is taking on that contract

2) His dead cap hit would be $59,220,608 for a $24,547,072 loss in a year where we are already insanely over the cap.

Yeah, but he was almost MVP!

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2020 at 7:33 AM, 20dawk4life said:

I think it all depends on his surgery and how his recovery is looking by the draft. 

this 100%. If the docs are saying he will never heal properly you don't think if they end with that 1st they don't take trevor?

I am really hoping this kid heals up and the damn bungles get some damn OL to help him. They ruined him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sturm said:

this 100%. If the docs are saying he will never heal properly you don't think if they end with that 1st they don't take trevor?

I am really hoping this kid heals up and the damn bungles get some damn OL to help him. They ruined him.

You think they'd take Trevor? I mean sure if they are told he'll never get back to 100% then I guess they may? But even a 90% Burrow could be really damn good. I think a 90% Burrow is better than 100% Trevor.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You think they'd take Trevor? I mean sure if they are told he'll never get back to 100% then I guess they may? But even a 90% Burrow could be really damn good. I think a 90% Burrow is better than 100% Trevor.

you are probly right Burrow has been playing pretty damn well all year with a busted line. I guess I have flash backs already of Wentz with similar injury. Its like looking into the future with Wentz could be Burrow..Idk

11 hours ago, Sturm said:

you are probly right Burrow has been playing pretty damn well all year with a busted line. I guess I have flash backs already of Wentz with similar injury. Its like looking into the future with Wentz could be Burrow..Idk

Burrows team isn't going to go on to win the super bowl without him this year lol

6 hours ago, eglz1 said:

I did see where he had surgery and they expect a full recovery. The Bungles are due a break.

That's good news, really good news. He had himself a really bright rookie year and he's got a really bright future ahead of him if he can fully recover. 

On 11/26/2020 at 6:25 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Or Wentz... 😉

On 11/26/2020 at 11:59 AM, Mike030270 said:

Overthecap put out an article last week, and there IS an out.  If they trade Wentz prior to the 3rd day of the 2021 season, they would save $850k