Weekly line thread: Eagles +5-5.5 vs. Seahawks

Hawkeye

Seattle, having played at home last Thursday so they have a week and a half to get ready to face the Eagles.
Not sure they'll need it. 

Seattle -5.5 at Eagles
Total: 51

We lost to Seattle twice last year 17-9.  So, I think we might get 9 points again. But, Seattle will probably double up on that 17 this year.  Probably 34-9 or something like that.  Seattle's offense is better than Cleveland.

5 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

We lost to Seattle twice last year 17-9.  So, I think we might get 9 points again. But, Seattle will probably double up on that 17 this year.  Probably 34-9 or something like that.  Seattle's offense is better than Cleveland.

The total also seems high.  You know how many times the Eagles offense has scored 40 or more points since winning the Super Bowl almost three years ago? 

Zero.  

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

The total also seems high.  You know how many times the Eagles offense has scored 40 or more points since winning the Super Bowl almost three years ago? 

Zero.  

Without looking I'd bet we've scored over 30 about the same number of times in the (close to) 3 years since winning the Super Bowl as we did that 2017 season alone.  

They are going to get destroyed in this one. 38-21 and that’s being generous with this offense.

4 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

They are going to get destroyed in this one. 38-21 and that’s being generous with this offense.

I assume you’re thinking 7-11 points come in garbage time. 

4 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

This offense isn’t going to put up 21, even if it is going up against the league’s worst defense.   Wentz’s play and Doug’s play calling are both about as bad as you can get.  Neither have any idea how to do their job well anymore.  

8 hours ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

Wow.  I figured the line would be around 7-9 points.  5 is nuts.

It really is especially as despite being at the Linc there's no home field advantage. Seattle should absolutely wipe the floor with us.

Oh boy, please Seahawks, make this the most brutal beating the Eagles have taken till date. Hopefully this game should seal the deal for Jimmy Shortz if there were any doubts...

Metcalf vs the Eagles secondary 😂

• Like 1

The bright side is we should get a look at Hurts under center in this one. They’ll be down so big at halftime Wentz will sit just because it’s already a blowout. 

4 hours ago, nipples said:

The bright side is we should get a look at Hurts under center in this one. They’ll be down so big at halftime Wentz will sit just because it’s already a blowout. 

Doug would be doing Wentz more of a favor to do it right now vs. doing it halfway during the game on a national, primetime stage.  Honestly, if they start Wentz, let him finish the game and then bench him the following week. 

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It really is especially as despite being at the Linc there's no home field advantage. Seattle should absolutely wipe the floor with us.

Small advantage being at the Linc. Hawks have to travel cross country, Jet lag. Never mattered before though and doubt it changes the outcome this time unless its a trap game, lol 

4 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Small advantage being at the Linc. Hawks have to travel cross country, Jet lag. Never mattered before though and doubt it changes the outcome this time unless its a trap game, lol 

I don't think Seattle can afford to take any game lightly. They have their own issues and are in a very competitive division. They need this win.

The line closed at Eagles +6.5 and thanks to the bizarro Hail Mary and subsequent two point conversion the Eagles covered.

I saw a story today about a Seattle bettor who had $500 grand on the Seahawks -6.5 and was sitting pretty until that.  

48 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

The line closed at Eagles +6.5 and thanks to the bizarro Hail Mary and subsequent two point conversion the Eagles covered.

I saw a story today about a Seattle bettor who had $500 grand on the Seahawks -6.5 and was sitting pretty until that.  

Ouch!!  Then again, if you have $500K to bet, pretty safe bet you have plenty more where that came from and won’t miss it much. Must be nice.  

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Ouch!!  Then again, if you have $500K to bet, pretty safe bet you have plenty more where that came from and won’t miss it much. Must be nice.  

Yeah, hard to feel sorry for that guy.