So this crap season....

Cheesteakitis

No. We were 5-7 at one point last year and 4-6 at one point in 2018. Eagles football is just bad football and has been for three seasons now. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Br3 said:

No. We were 5-7 at one point last year and 4-6 at one point in 2018. Eagles football is just bad football and has been for three seasons now. 

agreed, and you could make that four bad seasons for the defense. 

I blame:

QB Factory

Gold Standard

New Norm

Ginger Jesus

... oh, and Groh!!  

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

agreed, and you could make that four bad seasons for the defense. 

What? The D has been okay and was great in 2017.

36 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

What? The D has been okay and was great in 2017.

my bad, should have clarified the pass defense. the last okay season was in 2016 when they were ranked 13th.

2017 25th

2018 30th

2019 22nd

this season however the numbers are right around 200 ypg (9th) and the rushing defense has fallen off to 25th.

our okay defensive rankings have always been bolstered by the rushing defense, which has been very good up until this season. my beef with Schwartz is with his pass defense. 

It's ok. This team needs better players. Higher draft position should help. If Howie is still in charge... we'll be here again next year

5 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

my bad, should have clarified the pass defense. the last okay season was in 2016 when they were ranked 13th.

2017 25th

2018 30th

2019 22nd

this season however the numbers are right around 200 ypg (9th) and the rushing defense has fallen off to 25th.

our okay defensive rankings have always been bolstered by the rushing defense, which has been very good up until this season. my beef with Schwartz is with his pass defense. 

The pass D is actually 6th this season, but that's more as a result of circumstance than Schwartz's scheme, which looks to shut down the run first and foremost. Equally the run D isn't as bad as the numbers suggest - mostly QB scrambles.

I just think Schwartz has done a good job with what he's had. The investment in the D, particularly in the draft over the past 5 years has been pathetic. Yet Schwartz consistently produces competitive defenses. His record of 17 points with the Eagles in the playoffs is incredible (and yes that includes the Super Bowl). 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I blame:

QB Factory

Gold Standard

New Norm

Ginger Jesus

... oh, and Groh!!  

I blame McNabb 😁

Gold standard lmao I think they meant aluminum foil standard 

its so Howie roseman to come up with this ridiculous qb factory  nonsense and then a few months later Wentz is the worst starter in the nfl. 

I give Doug a pass for "new norm” because he didn’t specify what exactly he was referring too. If he meant most injured team in the league then yes that is the new norm.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

The pass D is actually 6th this season, but that's more as a result of circumstance than Schwartz's scheme, which looks to shut down the run first and foremost. Equally the run D isn't as bad as the numbers suggest - mostly QB scrambles.

I just think Schwartz has done a good job with what he's had. The investment in the D, particularly in the draft over the past 5 years has been pathetic. Yet Schwartz consistently produces competitive defenses. His record of 17 points with the Eagles in the playoffs is incredible (and yes that includes the Super Bowl). 

Jones single handedly rushed for how many yards against our d (dont want to look it up it’ll just annoy the crap out of me) Ugh

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Jones single handedly rushed for how many yards against our d (dont want to look it up it’ll just annoy the crap out of me) Ugh

they must have had a real good chuckle looking at us on film. smh

4 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

The only thing stopping him from scoring on our d is his own shoe laces.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

I blame:

QB Factory

Gold Standard

New Norm

Ginger Jesus

... oh, and Groh!!  

Dream team

• Like 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

I blame:

QB Factory

Gold Standard

New Norm

Ginger Jesus

McNabb

... oh, and Groh!!  

FYP. He always gets an honorable mention...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, NCTANK said:

6 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

The only thing stopping him from scoring on our d is his own shoe laces.  

Interestingly Jones’s shoe lace is ranked as our second best linebacker by PFF.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, time2rock said:

I blame:

QB Factory

Gold Standard

New Norm

Ginger Jesus

... oh, and Groh!!  

And McNabb. 

8 hours ago, Greenmteagle said:

I blame McNabb 😁

Damnit. :angry:

There's enough blame to go around, but the one guy most deserving of the consequences of his repeated failures is Howie Roseman.

goes to show the eagles have the BEST PR group in the world, Feed ya ish, all believe the ish and then find out it really is ish.. :wacko: now thats some ish.  

16 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

There's enough blame to go around, but the one guy most deserving of the consequences of his repeated failures is Dave Spadaro.

FYP

• Haha 1