Eagles Mock Draft (11-24-2020)

Ray75

Doug’s time in Philly might be coming to an end, Schwartz’s contract is up and I can’t see the Eagles bringing him back and maybe just maybe Lurie will hold Howie accountable for this mess and starts looking for a new GM (not holding my breath though).

Final record; 5-10-1 /  picking in the top 10, not top 5.

Thought it would be a fun excersise to go in a completely different direction;. One you won’t expect from Lurie. Instead of going for an offensive minded HC like Bienemy (Chiefs OC) or Daboll (Bills OC), signing Niners DC Robert Saleh to be the next Eagles HC.

New coaches;

HC Robert Saleh ((Niners)

OC Mike LaFleur (Niners)

DC Demeco Ryans (Niners)

QB coach Tim Kelly (Texans)

Trades;

Zack Ertz to the Green Bay Packers for a 3rd and 5th in 2021.

Fletcher Cox to the Las Vegas Raiders for a 2nd in 2021.

Gone;

DJax, Jeffery, JP, NRC, Curry, Riley, Brown, Ford, Opeta, Gerry, Juringa, Sudfeld, Perkins, Mills, Clement

Keep;

Singleton, Johnston, Ridgeway, LeBlanc, Parks, Scott, Rodgers, Ward, Howard

Retire;

Jason Kelce

Restructure/pay cut;

Malik Jackson, Brandon Graham

FA;

We’ll be quiet! We’ve nothing to spend! Maybe a role player here or there but nothing substantial.

Draft;

1) Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan;

2) Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia;

2) Jabril Cox, LB, LSU;

3) Alex Lindstrom, OC, Boston College;

3) Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR, Iowa;

5) Jermaine Waller, CB, Virginia Tech

5) Matt Bushman, TE, BYU;

5) Reed Blankenship, S, Middle Tennessee State;

6) Sadarius Hutcherson, OT/OG, South Carolina;

6) Mustafa Johnson, DT, Colorado;

7) Rakeem Boyd, RB, Arkansas

• Like 3

Interesting scenario. Saleh's name has been thrown out in the past by the media as a potential HC candidate, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone picked him up despite the down year for the 49ers. He also has plenty of experience running a 4-3 defense, converting the 49ers from a 3-4 to 4-3 when Kyle Shanahan became the HC, so no need to make a drastic schematic change either. The coordinator and QB coach hires look pretty good too.

It would be interesting to see since after firing Ray Rhodes, Jeff Lurie went with three consecutive offensive minded HC in Andy Reid, Chip Kelly, and Doug Pederson. Does he change things up or take a chance on another offensive mind? Realistically though, I can't see him firing Pederson after this season, even if the team loses out from here. If he waited for Rhodes, Reid, and Kelly to produce 2 non-playoff seasons in a row before firing them, I'd imagine Pederson, the only Super Bowl winning coach in franchise history, would at a minimum get the same courtesy, probably even more of a leash.

What's more likely is letting Jim Schwartz walk and getting a new 4-3 DC to come in his place. I would still be down with DeMeco Ryans in that capacity, although there are probably more experienced candidates out there if we're not going the Saleh as HC route.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Interesting scenario. Saleh's name has been thrown out in the past by the media as a potential HC candidate, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone picked him up despite the down year for the 49ers. He also has plenty of experience running a 4-3 defense, converting the 49ers from a 3-4 to 4-3 when Kyle Shanahan became the HC, so no need to make a drastic schematic change either. The coordinator and QB coach hires look pretty good too.

It would be interesting to see since after firing Ray Rhodes, Jeff Lurie went with three consecutive offensive minded HC in Andy Reid, Chip Kelly, and Doug Pederson. Does he change things up or take a chance on another offensive mind? Realistically though, I can't see him firing Pederson after this season, even if the team loses out from here. If he waited for Rhodes, Reid, and Kelly to produce 2 non-playoff seasons in a row before firing them, I'd imagine Pederson, the only Super Bowl winning coach in franchise history, would at a minimum get the same courtesy, probably even more of a leash.

What's more likely is letting Jim Schwartz walk and getting a new 4-3 DC to come in his place. I would still be down with DeMeco Ryans in that capacity, although there are probably more experienced candidates out there if we're not going the Saleh as HC route.

Doug and Howie will probably be back and Eagles will have both a new OC and DC. That’s what I expect to happen...

Just wanted to try something different. Saleh would give this team a new identity like Vrabel did in Tennessee and Flores in Miami. Both have fundamentally sound defenses to go with simple but effective offenses that won’t be too hard to run, even for someone like Wentz.

Interesting draft bud. 

As always you do a great job. 

I have to say... Its not an off season that fills me with excitement but I think we are in for a long rebuild here. Rome wasn't built in a day hey. 

I like the coaching moves though I'm not sure the Niners are going to let us raid them quite so much? I mean I know there's not much they can do but that's 3 coaches from the Niners. What would you do at GM? If Howie goes who would you bring in?

The draft itself... It fills gaps and holes but... The offense is really going to continue to struggle there. Gone are Ertz, Jeffrey and DeSean and no replacements at all? I mean i know none are giving us anything right now but still that's definitely a concern right? I mean if people hope to get Carson back on track that isn't the off season that's going to do that. 

19 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Interesting draft bud. 

As always you do a great job. 

I have to say... Its not an off season that fills me with excitement but I think we are in for a long rebuild here. Rome wasn't built in a day hey. 

I like the coaching moves though I'm not sure the Niners are going to let us raid them quite so much? I mean I know there's not much they can do but that's 3 coaches from the Niners. What would you do at GM? If Howie goes who would you bring in?

The draft itself... It fills gaps and holes but... The offense is really going to continue to struggle there. Gone are Ertz, Jeffrey and DeSean and no replacements at all? I mean i know none are giving us anything right now but still that's definitely a concern right? I mean if people hope to get Carson back on track that isn't the off season that's going to do that. 

Didn’t I "draft” two offensive linemen, a backup TE, a slot receiver and a RB?!

Plus like you said; Rome wasn’t build in one day and you have to start somewhere.

Niners might not let those guys walk easily but what can they do?! We’re talking about promotions like Reich and DeFilippo a couple of years ago... Couldn’t stop them either!

New scheme on offense with LaFleur running the show...

Been waiting for this one to come out. I like the coaches. Love the first four picks. Paye has really grown on me and the next 3 I think will be studs. 

I would like someone a little more seasoned as OC but I can definitely see Saleh wanting Lafleur to come with him. Tim Kelly taking that step back to being just the QB coach I think is a smart move for everyone involved. You have to like the work he’s done with Watson because it clearly wasn’t O’Brien. 

Im hoping we can land a guy like Eric Wilson in free agency. Would obviously have to be back loaded but that’s with anyone that we sign. Wilson is balling out in a contract year for a bad Vikings team. Maybe we can lure him here to play behind this "great Dline”. 

10 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Didn’t I "draft” two offensive linemen, a backup TE, a slot receiver and a RB?!

The TE was a fifth round pick. The RB a seventh bud.

Look difficult decisions have to be made I'm just saying people think Carson can be saved. If he can he's going to need more than that.

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Look difficult decisions have to be made I'm just saying people think Carson can be saved. If he can he's going to need more than that.

We’re set at Te between the guys we have. TEs don’t need to be a high pick. Kittle was a fifth round pick. Plus this would be an expected back up to Goedert and possibly another TE. 

44 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

33 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

We’re set at Te between the guys we have. TEs don’t need to be a high pick. Kittle was a fifth round pick. Plus this would be an expected back up to Goedert and possibly another TE. 

Plus; who says LaFleur will use two TE’s at once. Ask yourself the question; what good are 2 TE sets when you’re not good or efficient enough at it.

The way I view it;

- after an offseason like this, your defense is more balanced (less money on the DL, probably better LB play with Cox into the mix and Demeco running the show, a true outside CB opposite Slay, Maddox back to nickel, 3 relatively young safeties with McCleod as their mentor);

- new OC, new scheme, couple of extra weapons, better OL depth.

43 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

new OC, new scheme, couple of extra weapons, better OL depth.

I feel like I could argue we need more oline help but I like the draft overall. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Plus; who says LaFleur will use two TE’s at once. Ask yourself the question; what good are 2 TE sets when you’re not good or efficient enough at it.

Absolutely fair question. But if he doesn't then he needs more at WR...

Great Job. I'd like to see us address the O Line a tad higher and possibly more often. They should address the O Line in Free Agency as well.

Not sure Jeffrey is going to fire the only coach to win a SB, this year. New OC and DC, yep.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Great Job. I'd like to see us address the O Line a tad higher and possibly more often. They should address the O Line in Free Agency as well.

Not sure Jeffrey is going to fire the only coach to win a SB, this year. New OC and DC, yep.

Not sure they will have the cap space to address the OL in FA though?

I think the OL will be OK next year though. Not the high level we are used to but I think it will be OK. Get Dillard back, get JP out the door and have Mailata with more game experience. Lane should (hopefully) be healthier, Brooks will be back and then we can hope things start to settle a little. We also have to see how Driscoll develops and also Herbig, Opeta and Wanogho. I think OL in the third or fourth is OK for now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

This cbs mock draft has Paye going fourth to the cowpies and that's with him ranked 49th overall and 7th at his position. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-land-offensive-tackle-to-protect-joe-burrow-washington-gets-another-franchise-qb/amp/

Completely disagree with that assessment. He’s the best edge in college football right now. Him and Rousseau will go top 15.

• Like 1