NBA2K21

Gannan

Wow what a disappointment. The same exact game as last years with a less robust my career mode. The only improvement is the seasons in my team. To be fair, that’s what motivated me to buy it (on sale) wow it’s the worst my career mode ever in an nba 2k game. Ok maybe the one where you are a DJ and have a weird random roommate may have been worse, but it’s still pretty bad. 

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Wow what a disappointment. The same exact game as last years with a less robust my career mode. The only improvement is the seasons in my team. To be fair, that’s what motivated me to buy it (on sale) wow it’s the worst my career mode ever in an nba 2k game. Ok maybe the one where you are a DJ and have a weird random roommate may have been worse, but it’s still pretty bad. 

The myteam and mygm were horrible last year. The game play was always pretty good especially compared to madden it's the last sports game I have cause the rest are horrible with ea controlling the rest

20 hours ago, heyeaglefn said:

It is different on next gen, they punted Xbox 1/PS4 version.  

I seem to recall the same thing happening when I had a 360 and the 1 just came out. No my gm mode.

I actually just recently started an offline fantasy draft season in NBA2k20 (with all NBA players included, not just current - I had first pick and drafted Kobe (RIP) after trying this earlier this year and drafting Wilt 1st OVR and not really liking my team.) Anyway, this feature is the best in video games IMO. 

Starting lineup:

Penny Hardaway

James Harden

Kobe

Dennis Rodman (recently replaced him in the starting lineup with Antawn Jameson, the lack of offense was too frustrating from Worm)

Embiid (5th rd pick, exhibit A for not taking Wilt 1st OVR in my previous attempt)

But yeah, having just restarted this feature, and the fact that people still play online in 2k20 as well has me not purchasing 2k21 anytime soon, especially w these reviews. 

34 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

I actually just recently started an offline fantasy draft season in NBA2k20 (with all NBA players included, not just current - I had first pick and drafted Kobe (RIP) after trying this earlier this year and drafting Wilt 1st OVR and not really liking my team.) Anyway, this feature is the best in video games IMO. 

Starting lineup:

Penny Hardaway

James Harden

Kobe

Dennis Rodman (recently replaced him in the starting lineup with Antawn Jameson, the lack of offense was too frustrating from Worm)

Embiid (5th rd pick, exhibit A for not taking Wilt 1st OVR in my previous attempt)

But yeah, having just restarted this feature, and the fact that people still play online in 2k20 as well has me not purchasing 2k21 anytime soon, especially w these reviews. 

I already like 2k21 way more then 2k20 so I'm not sure what people's problem is with the game. Unless the ps5 version is that much different. 

On 12/3/2020 at 9:33 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I already like 2k21 way more then 2k20 so I'm not sure what people's problem is with the game. Unless the ps5 version is that much different. 

2k20 had a much better my career, but 21 is way better for my team. So when I want to play my career, I log into 20 for my team I go 21. Been mostly playing my team though. I have already won a championship and an mvp in my career. 

29 minutes ago, Gannan said:

2k20 had a much better my career, but 21 is way better for my team. So when I want to play my career, I log into 20 for my team I go 21. Been mostly playing my team though. I have already won a championship and an mvp in my career. 

Well the next gen has mynba, and it is 100% customizable. You can play anyway you want have control over whatever you want. Put things in take things out it's fantastic! 

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well the next gen has mynba, and it is 100% customizable. You can play anyway you want have control over whatever you want. Put things in take things out it's fantastic! 

Yeah they skimped on the xbox one version. Its a watered down 2k20, but all the my team cards and challenges are fun.