PC Gaming

Judman

In 2017 I made the jump from console to PC and couldn’t believe I hadn’t done it sooner! Any other PC gamers here? What games are you currently playing?

On 4/23/2020 at 8:58 AM, Judman said:

In 2017 I made the jump from console to PC and couldn’t believe I hadn’t done it sooner! Any other PC gamers here? What games are you currently playing?

I got rid of my PS4 for a PC and I absolutely hate it. I want to be able to pick up and play. Not wait for it to boot up and all this other BS to play a game. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I got rid of my PS4 for a PC and I absolutely hate it. I want to be able to pick up and play. Not wait for it to boot up and all this other BS to play a game. 

No kidding?  I feel it's much more quicker to get a game started on a PC than it was on console with menus and whatnot

25 minutes ago, Judman said:

No kidding?  I feel it's much more quicker to get a game started on a PC than it was on console with menus and whatnot

I used to game a lot on PC when I was younger. I used to love it. I don't know why it's different now to me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Moved from console to PC this year. 144hz is an absolute game changer. I regret not doing it sooner. The online subscriptions are a total cash grab, and with essentially everything to coming to PC it makes too much sense not to do it. The only minor annoyance so far is the multiple storefronts and exclusives in that regards but other than that I love the freedom and being able to tweak the settings to my liking. 

Ive been on PC for many years. I am on Steam usually playing various games. Just recently upgraded memory, video card and internet provider and things are running well. The most recent games I have been playing are Call of Duty WW2, Left for Dead 2, Tannenberg, Subnautica, Crysis 2, Resident Evil 2 (remake), Alien Isolation, Doom (remake) amongst others in my steam library.

I am old school and play FPS much better with a mouse and keyboard.

On 4/26/2020 at 11:45 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I used to game a lot on PC when I was younger. I used to love it. I don't know why it's different now to me. 

Its much faster for me to load up a PC game through Steam than to load up my son's xbox one. It is pretty fast these days but does depend on your PC.

1 hour ago, Wormlegs said:

Its much faster for me to load up a PC game through Steam than to load up my son's xbox one. It is pretty fast these days but does depend on your PC.

Well mine is just a gaming laptop and I'm not running it on the best internet either. Maybe I'll get back into again someday

16 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well mine is just a gaming laptop and I'm not running it on the best internet either. Maybe I'll get back into again someday

I tried gaming on a laptop and Im horrible at it. I might as well be trying to play FPS with my feet. That is what it feels like to me :rock:

Just now, Wormlegs said:

I tried gaming on a laptop and Im horrible at it. I might as well be trying to play FPS with my feet. That is what it feels like to me :rock:

Lol I was playing mostly sim games so didn't need any big time controller

PC gaming is also better when it comes to pirated games. Or so I've been told:ph34r:

Mac gamer here.  Can't get every title but I still get most of the ones I want.  If you are into strategy over FPS, then it's PC all the way.

I love me some strategy games. My go to is usually some form of civilization game or Axis and allies online. I may buy Stranded Deep next as I am looking for another good survival game. Subnautica is cool but wanted something more like Stranded Deep and trying to survive kinda like Naked and Afraid. lol

• Like 1

I am an old gamer and I usually have 1-2 consoles and a gaming PC. I usually re-do the build on my PC about every 5 years for memory and processor and 2-3 years for graphics card. Lately, I use my PC for more mundane tasks and have been playing my PS4 for gaming. When I do game on PC it's usually Overwatch, WoW, or some random thing I picked up on Steam or something I Kickstarted, like the Shadowrun games or Underworld Ascendant. 

Currently PS4, Switch and PC, and only enough time to play one at a time.

There is a pretty cool pirate game coming out for PC called Sea of Thieves. Looks pretty decent if anyone is into old school pirate games like Sid Meier's pirate from back in the day

My steam name is Fender is anyone wanted to add me. :rock:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wormlegs said:

There is a pretty cool pirate game coming out for PC called Sea of Thieves. Looks pretty decent if anyone is into old school pirate games like Sid Meier's pirate from back in the day

My steam name is Fender is anyone wanted to add me. :rock:

I tried playing the beta on xbox, and the motion sickness I was getting from playing this game was insane lol. Literally after like 10 minutes of play I thought I was going to die.

I have occasionally gotten motion sickness from certain video games but never anything like this.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I tried playing the beta on xbox, and the motion sickness I was getting from playing this game was insane lol. Literally after like 10 minutes of play I thought I was going to die.

I have occasionally gotten motion sickness from certain video games but never anything like this.

Lol that kind of sucks but hilarious at the same time

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 8:28 AM, BirdsFanBill said:

I have never heard of that before. That has to suck man. Especially with alot of decent naval games out too.

1 hour ago, Wormlegs said:

I have never heard of that before. That has to suck man. Especially with alot of decent naval games out too.

The weird thing is it isn't like naval games in particular. Just occasionally random games do it to me. Not even sure what the common theme is. One other that was particularly bad that I can remember was the game XII.

Its like when you get car sick from reading a book in the car. Just get progressively worse the longer you are playing. Bizarre. Just some combination of the game speed and maybe the movement/non movement of the background of the game i dunno.

2 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

The weird thing is it isn't like naval games in particular. Just occasionally random games do it to me. Not even sure what the common theme is. One other that was particularly bad that I can remember was the game XII.

Its like when you get car sick from reading a book in the car. Just get progressively worse the longer you are playing. Bizarre. Just some combination of the game speed and maybe the movement/non movement of the background of the game i dunno.

Ok I got you. I could see that happening. Some games are like that