I think DP should let Wentz call the plays...

Portyansky

Just for a series or 2. What's the worst that can happen? Two 3 and outs? Pick 6? DP realizes he shouldn't be calling plays? 

2 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

They do that when they go up tempo. And it works. 

I think DP calls in the plays still and Wentz calls it out when they're lined up.

15 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

I think DP calls in the plays still and Wentz calls it out when they're lined up.

So it was Wentz call that sanders only got 2 carries in the second half on Sunday? Like how does this even work 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are no QB that call their own plays anymore; there haven’t been for a long time.  Even in 2015 Aaron Rodgers debunked the myth that he or Peyton Manning call their own plays.

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

Just for a series or 2. What's the worst that can happen? Two 3 and outs? Pick 6? DP realizes he shouldn't be calling plays? 

The worse that can happen is he goes uptempo, gets full of himself and throws a pick in the redzone.

46 minutes ago, Madriver said:

The worse that can happen is he goes uptempo, gets full of himself and throws a pick in the redzone.

Is that the worst or the expected? Maybe in the same place on the WTF scale

2 hours ago, Br3 said:

So it was Wentz call that sanders only got 2 carries in the second half on Sunday? Like how does this even work 

I see a lot of complaints about the lack of running in the second half but I’m not sure how fair that is. Defenses aren’t stupid, when the see the Eagles are gashing them in the run game, they start loading the box and daring Wentz to beat them through the air. The problem is, he’s playing like garbage and can’t make them pay for it. So they’ll just keep loading up on the run because they simply aren’t worried about getting beat by Carson now. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nipples said:

I see a lot of complaints about the lack of running in the second half but I’m not sure how fair that is. Defenses aren’t stupid, when the see the Eagles are gashing them in the run game, they start loading the box and daring Wentz to beat them through the air. The problem is, he’s playing like garbage and can’t make them pay for it. So they’ll just keep loading up on the run because they simply aren’t worried about getting beat by Carson now. 

Go back and watch the tape. The browns did not wait until the second half to start loading the box. They started doing it during the Eagles second drive in the first quarter and the Eagles were still gashing them. Every team knows Carson sucks right now and load the box yet sanders is still top 5 in yards per carry so your argument is not a good excuse. There is zero excuse for 2 carries in the second half  ZERO. 2 carries is not a big enough sample size to make the decision to completely abandon the run anyways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a bad idea.  Would enable Carson to find the matchup he likes.  And maybe stick with the run more.  He is supposed to be good at reading defenses too.

Doug should hand over play calling responsibility for a game or two but it shouldn't be to Wentz. Get Scangarello or Marty to do it for a couple of games. Or even Duce. Doug needs to step back and be the HC for a little while. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Perforator said:

No to Marty ****wig. He is Reid 2.0.

Because that's so bad? That didn't work out for Reid at all did it...

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Doug should hand over play calling responsibility for a game or two but it shouldn't be to Wentz. Get Scangarello or Marty to do it for a couple of games. Or even Duce. Doug needs to step back and be the HC for a little while. 

This. I do not trust Carson's decision making at all at this point. He needs somebody in his ear, working on his quick release and committing to the run.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Perforator said:

No to Marty ****wig. He is Reid 2.0.

Hell, Marty isn’t even on Reid’s level IMO. I don’t want Reid back, but I’d take him any day over Marty. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

This. I do not trust Carson's decision making at all at this point. He needs somebody in his ear, working on his quick release and committing to the run.

Absolutely! We need someone to be calling the plays who hasn't been involved in this mess. Same reason why I think Wentz should sit for a game or two.

With the play calling get fresh eyes on this and someone who's been watching with a bit more distance. Doug can't see the issues because he is too involved, same with Wentz. Weren't they trying to simplify the offense for him? Giving him play calling responsibilities complicates things again.