***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Ant is HIM***

Agent23

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I have said for a while it is his dream job and K will pick his replacement. 

To me its him or Jon Scheyer

I think Duke would prefer Stevens tbh. Just cause they’d want someone proven to take over after coach K left. Plus like you said ive heard he wasn’t going back to college for Indiana unless the money exceeded what he was making with the Celtics (highly unlikely) and the timing was bad when it opened. Duke can pay him and it’s an easy job to recruit kids to Duke with what coach K established. Plus makes a lot of sense to get away from coaching for a year and make a jump next year. 

It's Jon as the coach in waiting.

He has been the main recruiter on a lot of the kids they got and is 36. This has been in the works for a while it looks like 

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It's Jon as the coach in waiting.

He has been the main recruiter on a lot of the kids they got and is 36. This has been in the works for a while it looks like 

Ive heard and seen that. but also heard they were going to make a push for Stevens and they really wanted him to be the successor. 

the transfer portal is really wreaking havoc. Coach K and Roy williams both wanted out and sped up their timeline cause of it. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Ive heard and seen that. but also heard they were going to make a push for Stevens and they really wanted him to be the successor. 

the transfer portal is really wreaking havoc. Coach K and Roy williams both wanted out and sped up their timeline cause of it. 

Was one of the reasons. 

Read Duke didn't even call Stevens, it was Jon and case closed. It's not like K won't be at games to help sell the program as well. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Was one of the reasons. 

Read Duke didn't even call Stevens, it was Jon and case closed. It's not like K won't be at games to help sell the program as well. 

I’m wondering if privately Stevens made it known he wasn’t going back to college. I know Indiana was flat out told he wasn’t going back to college unless the money was NBA type money he was receiving. Even then it wasn’t a sure thing. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I mean it’s Duke. If you can’t recruit to Duke as an assistant coach then you got major problems. I’m actually more impressed by what Gonzaga has been able to do more recently considering where they were and then elevated it to another level and internationally are killing it. 

6 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I have said for a while it is his dream job and K will pick his replacement. 

To me its him or Jon Scheyer

Don’t sleep on Mike Brey, or Jeff Capel.

3 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Don’t sleep on Mike Brey, or Jeff Capel.

It's over, it's Scheyer. 

Bet Thibs wished he played Toppin and Quickly more during the season 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It's over, it's Scheyer. 

I guess it is, isn’t it?

10 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Knicks suck

The Hawks are better than you think. Sixers are going to have their hands full. But yea, we suck. 

Mavs right now telling the clips to Luka my balls 

Luka like the Clippers might eliminated on Friday... Balmer probably gonna Kawhi about it.

Lakers Suns starts at 1030 tonight.

Like what in the F NBA. Granted working from home I can watch most of the game, but not even a 930pm start. 

16 hours ago, The_Omega said:

I guess it is, isn’t it?

Until it’s not.

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Like what in the F NBA. Granted working from home I can watch most of the game, but not even a 930pm start. 

I haven't seen one game in that series and I was really interested in it.  Life and late starts got in the way.

6 minutes ago, rambo said:

I haven't seen one game in that series and I was really interested in it.  Life and late starts got in the way.

You missed seeing the Lakers get outscored 32-10 in the 2nd quarter of the last game then.

Just now, Dave Moss said:

You missed seeing the Lakers get outscored 32-10 in the 2nd quarter of the last game then.

Just reading that warms the cockles of my heart.

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I used to be able to stay up for west coast games but, not anymore. 

3 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

James just wants to add to the drama. Wants his Last Chance documentary to be better. 

Who wants to bet he wears a walking boot if they lose to the press conference?

And he has built in excuses. AD was hurt, my ankle hurts, only 8 weeks off, I really didn't want to play this season, Space Jam had my attention, or I had the best wine last night and was hungover. 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

James just wants to add to the drama. Wants his Last Chance documentary to be better. 

Who wants to bet he wears a walking boot if they lose to the press conference?

And he has built in excuses. AD was hurt, my ankle hurts, only 8 weeks off, I really didn't want to play this season, Space Jam had my attention, or I had the best wine last night and was hungover. 

The starters for the Lakers scored 35 points in the last game and LeBron James had 24 of them.  If the Sixers starters scored 35 points collectively, they would get blown out like that too.

16 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

The starters for the Lakers scored 35 points in the last game and LeBron James had 24 of them.  If the Sixers starters scored 35 points collectively, they would get blown out like that too.

You don't leave the court with 6 minutes left in the game. He is the 2nd best player ever but the loves him some drama. 

I hope Booker drops 50 on them tonight. 

5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It’s cause in la it’s 730pm start time. They never have games unless it’s Sunday where they play earlier than that. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Makes it nice living on the west coast now. I remember the Flyers primeau 5 OT thriller. Ended around 1am here. 

5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

e-a-g-l-e-s already commented, but outside of weekend games I've almost never seen a home team have tipoff before 7pm . In those areas they have to worry about season ticket holders being able to get out of work at 5pm and still being able to get to the game, which likely means going home from work to get spouse/children/etc. to head to the game. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

the further away golden state got from 24 game win streak and 67+ win seasons, the earlier I started saying "F it" and going to bed by midnight lmao