***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Ant is HIM***

Agent23

4 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

e-a-g-l-e-s already commented, but outside of weekend games I've almost never seen a home team have tipoff before 7pm . In those areas they have to worry about season ticket holders being able to get out of work at 5pm and still being able to get to the game, which likely means going home from work to get spouse/children/etc. to head to the game. 

the further away golden state got from 24 game win streak and 67+ win seasons, the earlier I started saying "F it" and going to bed by midnight lmao

Dude I can't stay up for the Lakers ever anymore. First year I actually bought league pass was this year and I barely saw any games I just can't stay awake for it anymore lol

6 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

e-a-g-l-e-s already commented, but outside of weekend games I've almost never seen a home team have tipoff before 7pm . In those areas they have to worry about season ticket holders being able to get out of work at 5pm and still being able to get to the game, which likely means going home from work to get spouse/children/etc. to head to the game. 

the further away golden state got from 24 game win streak and 67+ win seasons, the earlier I started saying "F it" and going to bed by midnight lmao

Plus the freaking traffic in LA if they did it at 5-6 pm would be even worse for fans trying to get there from work. The dbacks start games here at 640. I think the Suns occassionally start games at 6. 

When will Dame finally realize that Portland is a waste of a career...

5 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You don't leave the court with 6 minutes left in the game. He is the 2nd best player ever but the loves him some drama. 

I hope Booker drops 50 on them tonight. 

He has 22 in the first quarter and is 6/6 from 3. 

22 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Lakers are getting run out of their own building on a must win. 

Yeah no one is gonna believe Lebron can beat the monstars if he’s going to get smoked by the Suns in back to back games in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

All I've heard all year is how Lakers have best team. I'm not arguing that, just pointing out that I think the West is weaker than it was the past 7-8 years (most teams, like the Suns and Nuggets as example, have a bunch of young players and one household name if lucky). Hopefully the Lakers loss and failure to make the Finals shows just how dominant the Warriors run was to get there 5 straight years. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

All I've heard all year is how Lakers have best team. I'm not arguing that, just pointing out that I think the West is weaker than it was the past 7-8 years (most teams, like the Suns and Nuggets as example, have a bunch of young players and one household name if lucky). Hopefully the Lakers loss and failure to make the Finals shows just how dominant the Warriors run was to get there 5 straight years. 

I’d argue the Suns alone have two household names. Booker has been a household name since the bubble last year and really even before that Kobe would always talk about Booker. A lot of people knew who he was just he was on a bad team with a bad owner. Also CP3 and joker are household names. 

i agree the west isn’t what it has been but i think that’s more cause the Lakers didn’t stay healthy, Nuggets are down murray (they’d be really formidable if Murray stayed healthy with that lineup), clippers not living up to expectations and klay Thompson tearing his Achilles before the season. The blazers are the same team they’ve always been. Memphis is a typical 8 seed in the west.

The Suns are really good but i tend to think if AD stayed healthy and Paul also stayed healthy that the Lakers likely win that series in 7. However with the clippers on the verge of being eliminated i really don’t see how Denver with their back court of campazzo and rivers win that series and mavs/jazz really struggled with the Suns this year. The team the Suns really don’t want to face is the clippers. It’s a bad matchup. 

9 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

When will Dame finally realize that Portland is a waste of a career...

He was the one that played like crap in the second half

24 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

A healthy AD would have ran over the Suns. 

Of course you bring it back to the Warriors haha 

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He played 52 minutes 48 hours ago and bet dude was just tired

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, downundermike said:

To be fair i feel like he just ran out of gas from carrying the blazers pretty much that entire series. Mccollum the last two games was crazy inefficient particularly frightening against a starting backcourt of campazzo and rivers. Really he only played well in game 2 and 4. And Powell was really only good in half the games that series. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

To be fair i feel like he just ran out of gas from carrying the blazers pretty much that entire series. Mccollum the last two games was crazy inefficient particularly frightening against a starting backcourt of campazzo and rivers. Really he only played well in game 2 and 4. And Powell was really only good in half the games that series. 

And now Powell has a PO so will be a FA as will Kanter, Melo and paying Derrick Jones 9 million next year. I would just blow it up and trade assets while you still can. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kz! said:

So glad LeBron got bumped in the first round. 

Looking at some clips he totally threw in the towel and was in full pout mode the entire 4th.  Arguing with refs and not getting back on defense for 3 straight possessions.  Not talking about fast breaks either.  Just 3 normal possessions where the Lakers were playing defense with 4 against 5 because Lebron was pouting on the other end of the floor. 

16 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

And now Powell has a PO so will be a FA as will Kanter, Melo and paying Derrick Jones 9 million next year. I would just blow it up and trade assets while you still can. 

What they should do, but Portland won’t unless lillard demands to be traded. Frankly he should’ve done about two years ago. They legitimately had one good run to the WCF and otherwise they’ve basically been the same team year in and year out. 

Jae crowder for the win

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Lakers are getting run out of their own building on a must win. 

tenor.gif?itemid=16130026

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rambo said:

Looking at some clips he totally threw in the towel and was in full pout mode the entire 4th.  Arguing with refs and not getting back on defense for 3 straight possessions.  Not talking about fast breaks either.  Just 3 normal possessions where the Lakers were playing defense with 4 against 5 because Lebron was pouting on the other end of the floor. 

The role players the Lakers had this year just didn't have the same chemistry or leadership as last year. They were all basically useless.

LeBron is too old to carry a team on his back like he used to and with no AD he knew they were done. No excuse for him to quit though.

Kobe never gave up no matter how hurt, old or lack of help he had. 

That is the reason Lakers fans will never embrace LeBron the same way as Kobe 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The role players the Lakers had this year just didn't have the same chemistry or leadership as last year. They were all basically useless.

LeBron is too old to carry a team on his back like he used to and with no AD he knew they were done. No excuse for him to quit though.

Kobe never gave up no matter how hurt, old or lack of help he had. 

That is the reason Lakers fans will never embrace LeBron the same way as Kobe 

He's a sore loser.  Plain and simple.

He even cheap shot Ayton in his bad shoulder.  He's a dirty whiny player when things aren't going his way.

https://streamable.com/lef9sa

Loads up and throws shoulder shot right into his bad shoulder.

23 minutes ago, rambo said:

He's a sore loser.  Plain and simple.

He even cheap shot Ayton in his bad shoulder.  He's a dirty whiny player when things aren't going his way.

https://streamable.com/lef9sa

Loads up and throws shoulder shot right into his bad shoulder.

Agreed, Kobe even knew Lakers fans wouldn't like him and had to speak up on Lebron's behalf. 

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Agreed, Kobe even knew Lakers fans wouldn't like him and had to speak up on Lebron's behalf. 

Lebron would’ve been better off not going to the Lakers and going somewhere else in terms of fan base respect. He would’ve been much more appreciated elsewhere cause Lakers fans were never going to fully accept him. He won that title but I’ve seen a bunch of Lakers fans today hold an asterisk to it saying Kobe didn’t need 4.5 months off and a bubble to win it. I imagine if he went to the Knicks, he’d be a god in New York. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lebron would’ve been better off not going to the Lakers and going somewhere else. He would’ve been much more appreciated elsewhere cause Lakers fans were never going to fully accept him. He won that title but I’ve seen a bunch of Lakers fans today hold an asterisk to it saying Kobe didn’t need 4.5 months off and a bubble to win it. I imagine if he went to the Knicks, he’d be a god in New York. 

Everyone knew that whole bubble thing would benefit the Lakers more then any other team.

I don't know that I give it an asterisk though, everyone else had to deal with the same stuff. It was just the Lakers happened to be built for it to work for them the most. 

They were talking about LeBron and the Knicks the other day and said that was his first choice but, his wife didn't want to live there. 

I grew to like LeBron last season but, after this debacle against the Sun's I'm back to wishing he would go somewhere else. 

I'm pissed they risked AD's future health for it too. It was just stupid, you know big guys with leg injuries will have them pile up if they try to play through it.

I'd hate to see Embiid suffer the same fate or worse if they push it with him. They should let him at least sit the first game. Make sure he isn't favoring the injury we saw this happen with KD as well.